Gift of the Serpent Incidental nerfs

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
Let's not pretend that high end raid dps bothers running into these on purpose. But yes, it's always been a significant portion of our healing. My mastery is roughly 3-4% less than it was last tier though, not counting 2pc. This could be because of a variety of reasons but I'm sure reduced proc chances isn't helping.

Yea I have no doubt our actual mastery healing has been nerfed. it's just been offset by 2 piece.
In our current state I don't think they should buff mastery scaling. I think they should buff mastery scaling on spells that have been nerfed throughout the expansion. But that runs into the problem of that making 2set much much stronger.
Edited by Suplift on 10/17/2013 5:57 PM PDT
90 Tauren Monk
So.

Unless I'm insane.

I've seen mastery do more of my healing than it has ever done, and then tack on the 2pc doing maybe half of that.

I think we should be talking more about you know.. what's actually wrong with the class. lol
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Someone tl;dr the thread for me while I play Pokemon.
Tiberria doesn't understand monk mechanics at all. A lot of people play with worse priests and shaman than I do. Mastery is a bad stat.
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't know how they could buff 25 man monks, without making 10 man monks more overpowered then they are.
90 Pandaren Monk
Imo SCK is the only thing that needs any scaling buff. An overall buff would be asking too much. I used to love even in 10m watching my group become encircled in Mastery Orbs on Meg and in 25m it was even more so. Now it feels like it's nowhere near that.

My favorite phrase at the time "Grab my green !@#$ balls!!!"
Edited by Zombiewu on 10/17/2013 6:05 PM PDT
90 Tauren Monk
I don't know how they could buff 25 man monks, without making 10 man monks more overpowered then they are.

Much like they have a "25man" version of Revival \ Tranq \ W\E. and a "10man" version, or like how they had "HR dim returns after 15 people in 25" thing, they just need to adjust RM like I said before.

25man have RM jump an additional time and go back to what it was early on, expand how many RM's we get out per cast and a lot of our troubles melt away.

10man mistweavers need zero changes.
90 Pandaren Monk

This patch feels centered around 10m, idk just a feeling
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, now that I know the power of surging mist glyph. I feel like monks in 10 man would be even stronger.

Also mist besides rebuffing revival, I don't see them doing any changes like that. Because blizzard.
Edited by Suplift on 10/17/2013 6:10 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also can someone give a TL;DR of what Geodew just said, considering he can not format what post and it is extremely difficult to read.

Sorry if it was actually hard to read. The TLDR is "Someone who needed healing 10-15 seconds ago does not necessarily need healing now, so calling it 'just as good as a smart-heal' is wrong, and it is an important issue because a !@#$ton of our AOE depends on who has ReM on them."
90 Tauren Monk
Also mist besides rebuffing revival, I don't see them doing any changes like that. Because blizzard.

Yeah, I feel the same way but it's basically what has to be done.
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Our mumble after I revival.
Revival pre-nerf: "That's a neat button"
Revival post-nerf: "That's a neat button...*snickers*"

I really don't know how to fix monks without mechanical changes. It quite honestly just makes more sense to nerf priests and shaman and scale back druids slightly when you consider paladins and monks tend to be lagging behind and every fight is pretty easy to heal.

Buff 4pc, give us back an extra REM jump in 25s might be good enough.
Edited by Pandamonius on 10/17/2013 6:34 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/17/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Mist

Much like they have a "25man" version of Revival \ Tranq \ W\E. and a "10man" version, or like how they had "HR dim returns after 15 people in 25" thing, they just need to adjust RM like I said before.

25man have RM jump an additional time and go back to what it was early on, expand how many RM's we get out per cast and a lot of our troubles melt away.

I think you're forgetting the existence of Flex.
90 Pandaren Monk

Flex is far easier and could stand to even in a 25m raid be bound by the 10m rules.
90 Tauren Monk

You say that like they balance classes with anything but heroic raiding in mind. lol
90 Pandaren Monk
Trying to balance around 4 difficulties is silly, especially when one of those has such a fluid raid size and another is trivial content. Tuning is generally done around the assumption of heroic gear, maybe full normal if they're generous.
90 Pandaren Monk
Heres a fix for flex

ReM bounces 2 times from 10-15

Rem Bounces 3 times for 16-25.
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
This greatly upsets healer balance at the 16 raider scenario and thus can not be allowed to happen.

Also, I'd like to go ahead and mention how awful the REM requirement is on Thok or any fight you may run out of range of people for any period of time. Coming back from kiting on Thok with REM only being on yourself puts you incredibly behind on your ability to aoe heal, every other class can immediately jump back into their groove.
Edited by Pandamonius on 10/17/2013 7:30 PM PDT
90 Tauren Monk
This greatly upsets healer balance at the 16 raider scenario and thus can not be allowed to happen.

REM covers 10 people in 10man giving you 100% RM coverage.

Tell me more about upset balance.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Heres a fix for flex

ReM bounces 2 times from 10-15

Well, yeah, that's a pretty obvious "fix," but it introduces a "magic number" which Flex already has enough of

Also, I'd like to go ahead and mention how awful the REM requirement is on Thok or any fight you may run out of range of people for any period of time. Coming back from kiting on Thok with REM only being on yourself puts you incredibly behind on your ability to aoe heal, every other class can immediately jump back into their groove.

Meh, our Druid was complaining that if he's the final fixate before a stack phase, he can't pre-hot and has a bit of ramp-up time as well.

10/17/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Mist
REM covers 10 people in 10man giving you 100% RM coverage.

Yes, but it covers 11 then 14 people in 25man giving you more HPS than 10m. What's your point? And don't forget about Chi Torpedo and Chi Burst...
90 Pandaren Monk
Silly monks and your ability to use almost no spirit. opopop

Well, I have the same amount of spirit as my disc priest.

And back on topic, the target capping of Spinning Crane Kick is said to generate less mastery orbs than before, hence why mastery was nerfed by that change to reduce input lag, with usage of Rushing Jade Wind recently, and the hotfix they did to the Cleave trinket (it used to proc orbs on PTR), that is the point right there.

It still is a crap stat, but Blizzard just didn't realized the input lag fix made it weaker due to generating less heal event, hence why it should have been increased to match the previous amounts.
Edited by Karuzo on 10/18/2013 1:01 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]