Gift of the Serpent Incidental nerfs

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk

Ehh, reglitch has his moments. He's a nice guy he and I generally talk about random !@#$ over twitter.

I would say reglitch knows a lot of correct things about monks (What he's talking about in this post, crit being op and what trinkets to use.)

If you ignore his salty qq posts on mmo :P he's okay. He is A LOT better than some of the other posters on MMO, Floopa and Geodew for example are far worse than Reglitch on MMO.

Well. point is generating debate, sadly there isn't many people doing theorycrafting for mistweavers. The more people do, the less crap will be said.

I sure say a lot of crap myself on those forums.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard just didn't realized the input lag fix made it weaker due to generating less heal event, hence why it should have been increased to match the previous amounts.

Oh, but they DID realize it. Several MWers tweeted devs to tell them about it. Their answer was "not sure if MWers need buffs." They didn't seem to care, which makes it even more infuriating that they buff Holy for their change which wasn't even a healing done loss.

Well. point is generating debate, sadly there isn't many people doing theorycrafting for mistweavers. The more people do, the less crap will be said.

I sure say a lot of crap myself on those forums.

Ha, indeed, I'm still learning but I can at least now give decent advice to new players at this point (and usually care enough and have enough time to be thorough). I couldn't care less if what I say ends up being wrong as long as I make people think. And sometimes I'm right and we learn stuff about our spec. :)
Edited by Geodew on 10/18/2013 2:18 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
Hi there! Let us sit down to some tea and discuss these smart heals us Monks possess. Or why it seems to be that everyone thinks we're op. I'd be interested to see what your side of the story is

Well this thread blew up. Maybe you and I have a different opinion on what a smart heal is. To me a smart heal is ANY heal that you do not specifically target a player and cast the spell. So from my perspective this is what consists of Monk smart heals.

ReM, Uplift(you cast it on one person and anyone worth their salt has a minimum of 6 up more than likely more), Chi Torpedo, Chi Wave, Spinning Crane Kick, Chi Burst, Eminance, RJW, Soothing Mist from Statue, and to a lesser extent your mastery.

I am sorry if it makes you mad as it is not my intent.

edit: And at no point did i claim monks are OP.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/18/2013 5:14 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/18/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Harpoa
Hi there! Let us sit down to some tea and discuss these smart heals us Monks possess. Or why it seems to be that everyone thinks we're op. I'd be interested to see what your side of the story is

Well this thread blew up. Maybe you and I have a different opinion on what a smart heal is. To me a smart heal is ANY heal that you do not specifically target a player and cast the spell. So from my perspective this is what consists of Monk smart heals.

ReM, Uplift(you cast it on one person and anyone worth their salt has a minimum of 6 up more than likely more), Chi Torpedo, Chi Wave, Spinning Crane Kick, Chi Burst, Eminance, RJW, Soothing Mist from Statue, and to a lesser extent your mastery.

So by that definition, pre-input-lag-Healing-Rain is considered a smart-heal by you because you didn't target those 10-25 people plus pets? I don't think most people define it that way. :P
90 Human Priest
10/18/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Geodew
pre-input-lag-Healing-Rain

I have seen great strives in the reduction of input lag now that it is capped.

And yes HR is a smart heal as it is a puddle on the ground. If you wish to define smart heal as something else, more power to you. I am not hear to tell you what to think. Hence my original statement says "imo".
Edited by Aoprah on 10/18/2013 5:41 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
Yes, but it covers 11 then 14 people in 25man giving you more HPS than 10m. What's your point? And don't forget about Chi Torpedo and Chi Burst...

He's specifically addressing your opposition to potentially having flex scaling for ReM start at 16. What he is addressing isn't total HPS, he's addressing the ability for a 10 man monk to have a raidwide uplift. What's the difference between a 10 man flex having raidwide uplift and a 16 man flex having raidwide uplift?

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is a totally acceptable change. The day blizzard balances classes specifically with flex issues in mind will never come, therefore this change is totally viable. flex has already been stated to be basically a beer-league step up from lfr (and in a lot of cases even easier than lfr because it's all people you know and trust... usually...) so they will only address boss mechanic scaling. Even then, they haven't addressed the fact that 25 man thok still uses 10 man mechanics (specifically the 5 people with the debuff flip even with 25 people as opposed to how it is on 25 man normal)
90 Pandaren Monk

Our definitions of smart healing are definitely why our opinions clash then. Smart healing, to me, is it picking anyone needing healing, completely ignoring ones who don't or aren't needing it moreso. Atonement, Eminence, Totems, SCK, Healing Rain, etc. So really only two of our spells in my book.

And sorry, the OP refrence wasn't directed at you but the others that had posted.
Edited by Lumiair on 10/18/2013 9:35 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Monk
Harpoa's definition of smart healing is more in line with Blizzards definition of smart healing. Harken back to the days of CoH and WG being new spells, those were "smart" heals so to speak.

When HR was introduced, that was also a smart heal. Essentially anything that isn't a direct cast and heals in a "smart" fashion is a smart heal.
90 Pandaren Monk
When HR was introduced, that was also a smart heal. Essentially anything that isn't a direct cast and heals in a "smart" fashion is a smart heal.

I guess that does make sense. In that case we just lack a lot of smarter smart heals then.

edit: The word smart just sounds weird after saying it so many times.
Edited by Lumiair on 10/18/2013 10:18 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
CoH was first bound by healing only the targeted group.
90 Blood Elf Monk
CoH was first bound by healing only the targeted group.

Yeah, after WG was introduced they ended up switching over to the smart heal system.
90 Draenei Shaman
Thus concludes my proof by contradiction.
90 Blood Elf Monk
But that was still really really really really early on. :P
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
10/18/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Lumiair

I guess that does make sense. In that case we just lack a lot of smarter smart heals then.

edit: The word smart just sounds weird after saying it so many times.
Yea, by Harpoa's definition we basically only have smart heals but none of them have any intelligence. That's pretty smart.
90 Pandaren Monk
Smart heals target the lowest health target within X range. Post-input-lag-fix AoE heals work this way. Eminence and Attonement work this way.

Renewing Mist does not work this way. Renewing Mist targets the closest injured target (injured defined as anyone with less than 100%) - or the furthest injured target if glyphed - regardless of what their or other player's health is.
90 Pandaren Priest
pre-input-lag-Healing-Rain

I have seen great strives in the reduction of input lag now that it is capped.

Man, I'm glad someone has. My raid team is still lagging the hell out. It hasn't done a damn thing for our group.

Edited to Add: Also, Harpoa, why do you post on multiple characters in the same thread? >.<
Edited by Tiriel on 10/18/2013 10:55 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm convinced no one likes playing their class or has any fun playing this game.
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm convinced no one likes playing their class or has any fun playing this game.

I love playing my class. The game is fun depending on the day. :-P
90 Human Priest
10/18/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Tiriel
Man, I'm glad someone has.

Your sarcasm detector is broken :P

And i was feeling a little backwards so i posted on this toon.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]