Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia + Thok's Teeth?

90 Night Elf Druid
Right now I have 3 trinkets available to me. I have Warforged Thok's teeth, Warforged Nazgrim's, and regular prismatic pride. Right now my ilvl is high enough that I can easily hit the 13953 haste breakpoint I need (for 20 ticks on WG with SotF) without using the Prismatic Pride trinket.

Usually on fights Thok's teeth is anywhere from 5-10% of my total healing, and Nazgrim's is about 4-5%. Prismatic Pride gives me about 1,000-1,200 extra haste, 1,500 extra spirit, and 800ish mastery. My question is, does the extra healing I see from Thok's teeth and Nazgrim's worth it, over using Prismatic pride and Samophlange (static Int/spirit proc trinket)?

If I got thok's and Nazgrim's I give up stats for the trinket procs, but if I go Prismatic Pride and Samophlange I get raw stats and can drop some spirit for more mastery.

What do you all think?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Int procs are crap for healers in my opinion. Sometimes I get an int proc when I drop Healing Tide and it crushes out even more heals. Other times I get it when I'm casting Healing Wave or even just Lightning Bolt. I'd only take Thok's or Nazgrim's trinket if you don't need the mana. For example I use Nazgrim's on Thok because with Glyph of Water Shield I can't get rid of my mana. But other fights I scrape the bottom of the tank while using H TF HLG.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Your BIS is probably going to be the Amp trinket + either the Cleave or Multistrike trinket (from what I've seen, HoT healers benefit quite a bit from Multistrike).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Int procs are crap for healers in my opinion. Sometimes I get an int proc when I drop Healing Tide and it crushes out even more heals. Other times I get it when I'm casting Healing Wave or even just Lightning Bolt. I'd only take Thok's or Nazgrim's trinket if you don't need the mana. For example I use Nazgrim's on Thok because with Glyph of Water Shield I can't get rid of my mana. But other fights I scrape the bottom of the tank while using H TF HLG.

I don't think so. Any int proc is going to increase your overall healing. It's less mana that you or your other healers need to spend at that moment healing people up. Is it nice when they proc during periods of heavy damage? Of course. But it's not the end of the world when they don't.

If the suggestion here is that he should be using dysmorphic samophlange, I think that's misguided. Druids at this stage just don't need that kind of spirit, even if they're reforging out of it and using the procs for innervate. I'd bet that it would be suboptimal compared to amp/multistrike or amp/cleave.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

INT procs can be amazing, or they can be a downgrade, it depends on when they proc and the damage pattern of the fight. Having an INT proc up when you need to use HTT will make it destroy anything that static INT would do for you over the course of a fight. The INT procs on all of the SoO healing trinkets work out to have about 18% uptime, so they are worth around 2500 INT on average, which is very, very strong. The only real beef that I have with them is they should not proc out of combat, because proccing them when you put up Water Shield or pre-hot before a pull is pretty annoying.

The Cleave trinket averages to be about a 5% throughput gain, and go up to 10% on some fights. If you need more regen, it is probably more efficient/more output to reforge/regem into the average Spirit gain that you would get from Samophlange than it is to give up the amount of added throughput from the Cleave or Multistrike trinket and actually use Samophlange. Both of those trinkets and the amp trinket are very over budget in terms of the value they give you from a trinket slot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
well for me personally i will be using 3 trinkets switching them out in different fights

Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity
Prismatic Prison of Pride
Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth

got 2 already still waiting on the tooth
Edited by Nillie on 10/17/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/17/2013 01:31 PMPosted by Blackerbaron
Int procs are crap for healers in my opinion.

I beg to differ. On our H Iron Juggernaut kill this week, my Prismatic Prison is sitting at 14.8% uptime for 12671 INT. My napkin math tells me this averages out to 1875 INT. Could be more or less depending on each fight's duration, etc.

Sure, the spiky proc adds an element of RNG to your throughput. But I have cooldowns for when I need the reliable throughput boost. Just my opinion/playstyle though.

Do note that this is just the bonus proc, and the haste boost allows me to gem more static INT/SPI and still reach the 13163 HBP, as well as the increase on the rest of my secondary stats.
Edited by Moggsy on 10/17/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]