Open Libram XCVII: Cyber Hero

90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/30/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Martana
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AsUIM98xEs

Eh, the only part I thought was funny was the end, when the other monster came in and interrupted their gathering. That part was pretty good, though.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just got accepted for a guild trial on Sargaras. Time to go blue...
100 Blood Elf Paladin
grats!
100 Human Paladin

So, pay for a server and faction xfer, and then potentially get into a guild? And if they don't want you you're out like $50? what great fun.
100 Draenei Paladin
10/30/2013 11:58 PMPosted by Lindsabluth

ONE OF US, ONE OF US! \o/
100 Draenei Paladin
10/30/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Elidra
Is anyone watching Noucome?

I dropped out on the first episode somewhere around the second oppai question.
10/31/2013 12:38 AMPosted by Martana

So, pay for a server and faction xfer, and then potentially get into a guild? And if they don't want you you're out like $50? what great fun.

Basically lol, as long as I don't screw up I should be fine. Crazy difference going from a 4/14n 10man guild (I have 8/14 exp) to a 9/14H 25man guild.
100 Human Paladin
Morning pally crew

Happy Halloween!

Sitting here at work in my Edwin costume, lapdogs all of them haha
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Basically lol, as long as I don't screw up I should be fine. Crazy difference going from a 4/14n 10man guild (I have 8/14 exp) to a 9/14H 25man guild.

Have you compared your logs to theirs? I know a lot the higher progressed guilds like to over recruit. The problem I see is if you can't keep up they will just sit you for most fights until you get tired of sitting and leave. I would prefer to play in a lower progressed guild then be a bench warmer in a higher progressed guild.

My guild isn't that great and only about 1 outta 10 recruits make it. Most recruits we get can't keep up on DPS compared to our main raiders and we can't bring them in on progression. They get pissed and leave cause they expect to be in and get loot.

If you are pulling numbers close to them I wouldn't worry, but if you aren't you might want to look around a bit more. Most guilds this early in the tier want to push progression not carry people.
100 Human Paladin
=/

Take care of yourself man, would be a shame if you missed the con all together.

Wear your armor at Wondercon!
Edited by Chaz on 10/31/2013 12:42 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
Sorry to hear that Lobs. :(

Perhaps a relaxing dip into this hot pot......errr bath is just what you need? :P

But seriously hope you feel better soon.

Most guilds this early in the tier want to push progression not carry people.

When you bring someone in out of a Normal Raiding guild or lower up into a Heroic Guild how can you reasonably expect them to match Heroic geared players?

If they're good they'll be competitive but they shouldn't be expected to match every geared out Raider already in the guild.

New recruits are a project, if they show knowledge of their class and the ability to adapt to raid mechanics then they're worth investing time into.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
but but but Lobsters are immortal D:

take it easy man, hope you get well soon
93 Dwarf Paladin
10/31/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Lobster
This week I started getting pretty sick as a result.

Bubble it off! Cleanse! Take a crazy purple knock out pill and sleep for three days!

In all seriousness, hope you get better soon, man. Rest and fluids and all that. And red meat, 'cause protein.
If you are pulling numbers close to them I wouldn't worry, but if you aren't you might want to look around a bit more. Most guilds this early in the tier want to push progression not carry people.

I told them right away that I don't want to hinder the group due to my lack of gear and they said my dps (logs) with my gear was more than acceptable considering they thought I had 553ilvl (I'm at 545). Apparently I'm going to help with the "farm bosses" to check my performance.

This week I started getting pretty sick as a result.

You must take care of yourself or you'll become dinner.
Edited by Lindsabluth on 10/31/2013 1:45 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I told them right away that I don't want to hinder the group due to my lack of gear and they said my dps (logs) with my gear was more than acceptable considering they thought I had 553ilvl (I'm at 545). Apparently I'm going to help with the "farm bosses" to check my performance.

Yeah you did really well on the flex we went to, for being so low in ilvl
93 Dwarf Paladin
Therm, when do you guys usually do Flex? I'd like to be able to run the wing(s) I need to without having to rely on oQ or OR and the potential fail-fests those can be.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Saturday nights from like 7pst till they finish a full run. It's mostly alts/open-raid that one of our hunters Run(he's fairly picky on the last 2 wings with people from open raid so it goes pretty smoothly, other than the derp or 2 that could drag a group down). He's moving tonight so I doubt we'll have one going this week. Add me on Btag Therm#1579 I can bug you w/e I see them do a run. I usually take my ret to help out since im not one to play alts other than CMs or PvP
Edited by Majintherm on 10/31/2013 2:07 PM PDT
93 Dwarf Paladin
10/31/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Majintherm
Saturday nights from like 7pst till they finish a full run.

Cool, man. I'm pretty desperate for a Tail at this point, flex or otherwise, and Thok's been buggering us hard on normal. That last trinket and my neck are the last non-tier pieces I need to replace. Wouldn't necessarily mind flex tier, but it's certainly a lower priority.

10/31/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Lobster
All the tutorials and videos I watched made me realize lots of these awesome cosplayers have at least 1 other person helping them, whether it's building or sewing or painting.

When'd you start all this? 'Cause all I've very really had is myself for the bulk of things, but I've always tended to work well in advance. Some things do inevitably come down to the wire, but that's to be expected - especially when you have to wait on stuff to come from overseas.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 10/31/2013 2:13 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]