Next Connected Realms *Updated 10/24

(Locked)

Community Manager
10/24- Please be aware that during this maintenance all character services will be unavailable.

---------------------------------------------------------

10/23- We will performing maintenance on the realms listed below on Thursday, October 24 from 6:00 a.m. PDT until approximately 11:00 a.m. PDT. Once these are available again, these connections will be complete. We will provide additional updates as needed.

----------------------------------------------------------

As a part of our ongoing Connected Realms implementation, we will be connecting additional realms as listed below. We don’t have a specific date yet on when these connections will occur, but we’ll provide another update once we do. Please be aware that as a part of the connection process realm times may change to match each other.

Next Realm Connections:
  • Dethecus and Detheroc
  • Auchindoun and Laughing Skull
  • Hakkar and Aegwynn
  • Rivendare and Firetree
  • Dunemaul and Bloodscalp/ Maiev/Boulderfist

We're currently evaluating further realm connections and will provide updates as they're available.

For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.
Edited by Nethaera on 10/24/2013 7:11 AM PDT
100 Human Priest
Virtuous! MORE DATA!

I'll get to work right away. ^_^
100 Human Priest
Also, it's RivenDARE, right boss?
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Dunemaul and Bloodscalp/ Maiev/Boulderfist

Does this mean that all four of those will be connected or is it just Dunemaul and one of the others on the right that you guys haven't chosen yet? It's a bit ambiguous.
Edited by Imoen on 10/22/2013 12:20 PM PDT
100 Tauren Druid
Is the plan to do all the PvP realms before moving on to RP and PvE realms?
100 Human Priest
Is the plan to do all the PvP realms before moving on to RP and PvE realms?

The vast majority of very low-pop realms are PVP realms. It makes sense they'd get prioritized.
Edited by Crowlight on 10/22/2013 12:21 PM PDT
100 Tauren Druid
10/22/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Imoen
Dunemaul and Bloodscalp/ Maiev/Boulderfist

Does this mean that all four of those will be connected or is it just Dunemaul and one of the others on the right that you guys haven't chosen yet? It's a bit ambiguous.

Bloodscalp, Maiev and Boulderfist have already been connected so this will add Dunemaul to them.
100 Goblin Hunter
its not ambiguous at all. the other 3 are already connected....
100 Human Priest
10/22/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Dasffion

Bloodscalp, Maiev and Boulderfist have already been connected so this will add Dunemaul to them.

This is perfect. The new connected realms shall be dubbed "Dunemaiev Boulderscalp"
100 Human Mage
Ah, Kelv a forum regular is getting connected. Maybe he'll give us some heads up how things go.

Also thank you Neth for a quick update. This is exactly what will keep down the pitchforks and torches.

You should totally do Dath'Remar and Khaz'Goroth next so you can also see if having people from halfway across the world causes any kinks. <.<
Edited by Fairadey on 10/22/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Community Manager

I found the "e" under my desk. Sorry about that. I hate when I drop those.
100 Human Death Knight
Please. I beg you to help Nazjatar. Alliance is beyond dead. I respect the fact that this is moving faster and all. But help xD. That one group getting 4 realms together are some lucky bastards.
100 Human Mage
/rolls
C'MON, NAZGREL!
...*sigh*
100 Human Priest
10/22/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Nethaera

I found the "e" under my desk. Sorry about that. I hate when I drop those.

Happens to me all the time. ^_^
90 Night Elf Druid
Please. I beg you to help Nazjatar. Alliance is beyond dead. I respect the fact that this is moving faster and all. But help xD. That one group getting 4 realms together are some lucky bastards.

you also have to remember those are dead realms, it just shows that connecting one to another wasn't enough to solve the problem. the size of 20 dead realms might equal the size of a server like stormrage or tichondrius
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey Hakkar my first server! Was wondering when this would get connected
Edited by Drekula on 10/22/2013 12:30 PM PDT
100 Goblin Shaman
Hey Nethaera,

I am on Bloodscalp any way of a having one communal forum for recruiting guild info etc. instead of 4 individual ones.
Edited by Gargonne on 10/22/2013 12:34 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Warrior
Dunemaul brings the quartet to a level of population and volume of PvE guild activity that's within the top fifty realms. Impressive.
100 Human Mage
Hey Nethaera,

I am on Bloodscalp any way of a having one communal forum for recruiting guild info etc. instead of 4 individual ones.

Hopefully the website team is working just as hard as the teams that are connecting realms. Totally agree this needs to at least be talked about by Blizzard so we know what's going on.

In the meantime an article up at wow insider gives some tips for officers of guilds of connected realms. http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/21/officers-quarters-6-tips-for-officers-on-soon-to-be-connected/
90 Troll Mage
Please do Tortheldrin soon.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]