should Spirit of Harmony become BoA?

100 Human Warrior
DRT
I believe that the Spirit of Harmony should become at least BoA, since the chances of it being allowed to be put on the AH are slim to none. Making them BoA would greatly help people with multiple toons that have many/all professions in helping them acquire recipies and making gear to help them with dungeons, raids, ext....

I would like to hear others responses and opinions on what Blizzard should do with the spirits. Keep them the way they currently are, soul-bound, or make them at the very least BoA?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Your reasons for making them BOA are exactly why Blizzard hasn't done so yet. They have a new idea that having multiple toons with different professions weakens the game.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
DRT
so you like the idea of having to waste soo much time farming motes of harmony on every single character just to keep your professions up and get decent items? I'm going to take it that you have a lot of time to play WoW don't you?
Reply Quote
the idea is that you do w/e you can with them on your main, sell that item, buy w/e you would have made on your alt.

I had expected them to be made boe or boa in this last patch but honestly there's not much reason to anymore. Not only did almost no new items after mop launch use them but each patch they became significantly easier to obtain. i have 100s without going a single step out of my way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
its sorta amusing that in a RPG we are being pidgeonholed into one character. Yes the game is big.
But seriously, the implied expectation that we spend all our time within one toon. Is rather annoying.
Reply Quote
its sorta amusing that in a RPG we are being pidgeonholed into one character. Yes the game is big.
But seriously, the implied expectation that we spend all our time within one toon. Is rather annoying.

its not so much that you are expected to spend all your time on 1 toon but rather that if you want something on another toon you have to play it to get w/e you want.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
making them boa would fix alot.

for instance as a scribe the staffs you can make are completely pointless since by the time you get the motes needed you have out leveled the staff and have a better weapon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
I did expect them to be boa by now, but do they need to be? Not really.

If I had boa spirits I would send a bunch to my engineers both of which are sub 90 for fun stuff. Otherwise meh.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
so you like the idea of having to waste soo much time farming motes of harmony on every single character just to keep your professions up and get decent items? I'm going to take it that you have a lot of time to play WoW don't you?

I didn't say that at all. I haven't had a problem keeping Spirits of Harmony in my inventory. I haven't needed them heavily for creating gear and I am not afraid to purchase gear from others.

I said your reasons for making them BOA are why they are not BOA because of Blizzard's thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This dead horse, please stop beating it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
They'll probably make them BoA or unbound in the 6.0 pre-patch. It's senseless to have them remain soulbound throughout the next expansion, after all, and just adds a minor, moderately annoying barrier to levelling certain professions at certain skill levels.
Reply Quote
making them boa would fix alot.

for instance as a scribe the staffs you can make are completely pointless since by the time you get the motes needed you have out leveled the staff and have a better weapon.

That depends on the player. I'm not a dungeon runner or raider, so at level 90 my characters typically have a level 429 or so staff at best. The 476 weapons are a nice upgrade. And of course those are BoA, so I can send them to alts at will.

But the limiting factor on those for me isn't the spirits of harmony, but the scrolls of wisdom. Twenty days before I can make a staff, I can easily get the motes I need in that time frame. Even just with Sunsong Ranch farming and no additional play time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]