Are paladins still considered OP?

90 Worgen Druid
That makes two of us.
/chuckle
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Paladins have really had the nerf bat taken to them. In Wrath they were really, really, really bad. After that, not so much.
Reply Quote
In Wrath they were really, really, really bad.
...What?
Edited by Stax on 10/25/2013 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I get the feeling you weren't around for Wrath launch stax. Ret paladins were a nightmare. And somewhere in there the whole shockadin never oom healer thing happened.

It was horrible.

I think the latest opinion is that paladins are on the weaker side though, howeverI think its more a fault of warrior imbalance atm than anything.
Edited by Jyntho on 10/25/2013 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paladins have really had the nerf bat taken to them. In Wrath they were really, really, really bad. After that, not so much.
You're insane right? During wrath paladins were pretty much easy street and did very well. It was during early cata that ret had it rough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To be fair, part of the end of Wrath strength was because we had extra damage against undead.

ICC was just plain hilarious with holy wrath crits and DS. Dear god, we were working dervishes of undead slaying.
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Jyntho
I get the feeling you weren't around for Wrath launch stax. Ret paladins were a nightmare.
Oh... ret...

...I don't really do ret. It's just a Brawler's Guild thing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL. Paladins...OP. My warrior buddy will argue that we all do like 1 mil dps and hps and can tank anything by ourselves. I would aruge the opposite. We're that class that seems middle of the road on everything. Although, you can't NOT bring one into your raid crew because we have so much utilization in raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Ret has always been weak, I've played since patch 1.9 vanilla, we were garbage then, and were not much better now tbh, the amount of cc in this game to control pure healers and burst just breaks the game for hybrids totally.

they have sctrewed up yet again across the board balance wise, in fact Wrath was the closest we ever were to being balanced across the board, the excessive AoE damage soaks were OP, and the Seal of Light heals were OP as well, apart from that Ret was fine, and could be played around even in 2s to get 2200+ in arenas with a decent partner.

Been broken as hell since the start of Cata to now basically
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We're still viable as a melee DPS class in PvE and PvP but since Arms Warriors are so much stronger than us we get heavily overlooked. It's still quite possible to do well as a Retribution Paladin though (see Vanguards and Luminant). WOTLK we were easily the strongest class in the game and everyone starting rolling paladins. At one point paladins made up more than 18% of all classes played in WoW. When this happens Blizzard usually throws the class a nerf, and nerfed we were.

What Blizzard does to balance classes is make one OP for a certain amount of time so that some people will roll that class. Once that class reaches a decent percentage of the population, Blizzard throws it a nerf and hopes most people will stay to play that class and that some will move to others. This is why Monks are so OP, because it's a new class and Blizzard needs as many people as possible to roll them.

As far as Warriors go, I have no idea why they are so OP since so many people already play them.

Anyways, back to the point: We aren't OP and likely won't be for the next expansion either, since so many people still play paladins regardless of how powerful they are. I refuse to play any other class. This is my favorite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]