Should I gamble with Master Kukuru's chests ?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like to know if you guys gambled with Master Kukuru and how it ended up for you guys?

Here's my reality : So far I have around 35k coins. I dont farm coins at a fast pace. I'm guessing around 5 to 10k a week. What I'm seeking for is to buy myself a Burden of Eternity and use it on a Timeless Signet, which i dont have for the moment either.

I know that the Burden of Eternity drop rate from Master Kukuru's chests has been nerfed september 14th. I also know that I can buy one for 50k coins.

But, If I get lucky, I can find one in chests and find also Timeless gear, maybe the Timeless Signet (it drop from those chests, right?) or the pet. Also, from what I've read, the refund rate of Timeless Coins is around 60% per chest. So spending around 30k coins will cost me around 12k. On the other hand, if I do not get lucky, I will have to farm back a whole lot of coins before I buy myself a Burden of Eternity.

What you guys think? I don't play chest, I fix myself a little budget or I'll fall into the gambling temptation and cry my bankruptcy sitting half naked on a Timeless Isle rock, waiting for Evermaw to eat me and ease my pain? :-)

Thanks!
Edited by Xhor on 10/26/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Gamble if you want. If you are saving them for something you really want then don't. I gain here and there and I seem to keep gettings chests with coins of 300+. So I usually gamble again until I get a few 300+ or lower then that. I already got the monkey pet so I don't even know what else is in those chests besides that pet, timeless epics and the token to turn a timeless piece to 535 ilvl.

edit: After seeing what is basically dropping it honestly isn't worth gambling unless you really want Bonkers or need gear.
Edited by Bojangle on 10/25/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
edit: After seeing what is basically dropping it honestly isn't worth gambling unless you really want Bonkers or need gear.

I dont really want the pet. I really want the Burden and a Timeless Signet, tho. I tend to agree with you, if it wasn't from a friend of mine that got a Burden after opening 5 chests only... O.o
Edited by Xhor on 10/25/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
You might be better off saving 50k for the trinket. My experiance with the chests, Ive opened probably 100 and got 2 burdens and 2 pets maybe 10 pcs of worthless gear, and alot of coins..
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
The other day on my DK I had about 13k coins and ended up getting:

About 10 pieces of timeless loot, including a timeless signet
2 Burdens of Eternity
6 Bonkers
10000 coins twice (which allowed me to go FAR longer than I expected)
Reply Quote
I spent about 10k coins on that ape, and got the pet, 2 pieces of leather, and a piece of cloth. Oh and the smattering of coins which get you another 60% of a key.
Reply Quote
If you have several alts that need gear, the best way to get it is through Kukuru. You'll end up with so many pieces of gear that your current character can't use, that you'll end up gearing everyone else first. If you're actually trying to gear your current character... Don't even think about the monkey.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Unless you are saving for the mount or trinket gamble away.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

2 Burdens of Eternity
6 Bonkers

Holy schmock Melaroi! That's a lot of nice gifts for 10k... its comment like yours that will make me become a gambler! ;-)

Does it matter which chest you open (there's a lot of chest size) or it doesnt matter at all?
Edited by Xhor on 10/25/2013 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

2 Burdens of Eternity
6 Bonkers

Dude. I want your luck.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/25/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Xhor

I dont really want the pet. I really want the Burden and a Timeless Signet, tho. I tend to agree with you, if it wasn't from a friend of mine that got a Burden after opening 5 chests only... O.o

Yeah, save up the coins for them. I was reading a post on the chests on wowhead and people were showing how many they opened and what they got. People spent a lot and most only got maybe 1 Burden or none at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
From what' I've seen odds are good that spending 50k coins (what 1 burden would cost guaranteed from the vendor) produces a high probability of getting at least 1 burden back from chests, and are guaranteed will get some portion of coins back (not to mention the rest of the stuff that comes out of the chests).

So yes it's a gamble, but it's a pretty good gamble that has some modest return.

Earlier advise given- unless you want the trinket (or mount), it's a decent place to sink your coins.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I haven't updated it in a few days, but I started a thread called something like

Todays Kukuru Chests for Burdens -- if you do a forum search on Kukuru you will find it.

Anyway, I've spent hundreds of thousands of coins on these chests. The RNG hates me, I just accept that as a fact but I have gotten maybe 5 total burdens from chests across my characters. My husband on the other hand, has very good luck with them.

So when I started writing down my results in my tests I would do 100 keys -- which, coincidentally is the 50k it takes to buy a burden. 2 out of 3 times I got one burden per 100 keys, one time I got none. I got an average of 7 pieces of timeless gear per run, and a couple of bonkers. And with coins returned, I lost only about 20k performing the tests.

I haven't tried a type of chest test. I usually start at the first little chest at the door opening and move around clockwise. Before I did the tests I tried the "good things come in small packages" theory and only opened the little boxes -- that didn't work but I didn't write down my results. I know my husband did a test with only opening the same box and that didn't work out well for him.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Dude. I want your luck.

My DK is super lucky. First time on LFR Council of Elders in ToT: 2h Sword. First time on LFR Sha of Pride: 2h Sword

The reason why I spent all my coins in this fashion is because I was trying to get Timeless Plate Shoulders for my Blood spec. Never got the shoulders but I left fairly pleased with my haul.

Does it matter which chest you open (there's a lot of chest size) or it doesnt matter at all?

I had a system where I just went around clockwise opening every third chest. But no, it doesn't matter which chests you open.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
About 200k coins spent trying to get a p/p bonkers.

I think a couple burdens, bunch of timeless gear, and many bonkers that were not p/p.
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Mage
Kukuru's chests are NOT a reliable source for Burdens. If you have coins to burn and want to try your luck, go for it, but don't get your hopes up.

I only opened about 20-25 before the nerf, and from those I got 3 Burdens. Since the nerf I opened about 150 more and got 2 more Burdens, then I finally got Bonkers and stopped opening them last week.

I picked up about a dozen Timeless gear tokens as well, but the remainder of the chests were just coins, and most of them in the 150-250 range. The most I recall winning was 1000, and the lowest was 1.

In comparison I've picked up over 20 Burdens from rare kills, to the point where I've gone through enough tokens to have fully equipped myself in 535 gear one and a half times, and I still have a half-dozen Burdens sitting in the bank right now.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
have you gotten the chest up nest to were ordos is? u cant go into the place were ordos is but u can get into the walled in space to the west of him. there is a chest being overlooked by two giant fire elementals. u can find guides on how to get there and it has a guaranteed drop rate of a burden i believe. its caled blazing chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3IO8_dNCfc

thats one way, others are to fly which i think are detailed on wow head. just look up the chest there.

happy hunting
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Depends on your luck.

My husband got 7 BoE's from those chests over the course of a week with about 50k coins.

I have spent roughly the same, with zero. ZERO BoE's.

My husband is a bad person and needs to feel ashamed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
have you gotten the chest up nest to were ordos is? u cant go into the place were ordos is but u can get into the walled in space to the west of him. there is a chest being overlooked by two giant fire elementals. u can find guides on how to get there and it has a guaranteed drop rate of a burden i believe. its caled blazing chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3IO8_dNCfc

thats one way, others are to fly which i think are detailed on wow head. just look up the chest there.

happy hunting

Yes, my friend with his cloak brought me there on his chopper to loot the Blazing chest. Thanks Lotsadots.

Kukuru's chests are NOT a reliable source for Burdens. If you have coins to burn and want to try your luck, go for it, but don't get your hopes up.

I only opened about 20-25 before the nerf, and from those I got 3 Burdens. Since the nerf I opened about 150 more and got 2 more Burdens, then I finally got Bonkers and stopped opening them last week.

I picked up about a dozen Timeless gear tokens as well, but the remainder of the chests were just coins, and most of them in the 150-250 range. The most I recall winning was 1000, and the lowest was 1.

In comparison I've picked up over 20 Burdens from rare kills, to the point where I've gone through enough tokens to have fully equipped myself in 535 gear one and a half times, and I still have a half-dozen Burdens sitting in the bank right now.

Wow you're lucky with rares, Sarcastia!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]