In the meanwhile and to that end,
1. I have read some topics on this forum suggesting ret gear. I understand how haste helps with our specializations, but are there any caps I should be aware of? The priorities on guides just say get your Hit/Expertise and then follow the priority.
Given that I've also read the Avoidance Cap is no longer a possible goal to shoot for, what's a comfortable dodge/parry rating before opting for Threat gen/extra STA for the hardest hits in SoO?
As a tie in to this, I'm preparing to run ToT's for gear, and I would like some clarification before I opt a specialization choice for personal loot.
2. I like what I'm hearing about EF and the new tier. Now, playing with prot a bit as I leveled, I stuck with damage seals but have heard now that Insight is the go to for raids.
What kind of threat issues should I expect, if any, with a Hit/Expertise cap in play if I follow the rotation?
3. For challenge modes, beyond anything I can see in videos and guides, any personal experience or POV here? I plan on running with a Disc, so any suggestions for DPS? (I'm aware the cap forces seperate gemming, no worries there)
1. What is our niche, exactly, in PvE? While I don't plan to main holy, it will be my secondary spec, and I'm doing fairly well with Selfless Healer. I just got about 5 upgrades, but before that at a 508 iLvL, I was doing about 50-70 range HPS coming in at about 2-5, depending on comps. Of course, it's just LFR with lower amounts of damage, but still a start.
I'm finding that druids are single target beasts (pun, intended?), and that Shamans rain is flooring the AoE situations.
2. I'm quite happy with my performance and CD usage in PvP, in the limited capacity I've done so far since returning. But as a backup spec for raiding to switch to, what are some tips Holy Paladin specific that I might not already be aware of.
How has the EF vs SH situation developed as a whole? Correct me if I'm wrong (please), but I would gem/forge differently depending on which I prefer, and thus, in PVE, I couldn't swap those two so easily as others?
3. Possibly in relation to what I am currently perceiving as a lack of consistent AoE healing during periods of heavy damage, should I drop prism and stick with Lights hammer? Or should I accept a more situational/snipe role and not worry too much? Is it just an iLvL issue that will go away in time, or is the culmulative healing zones always going to prevent my HPS from reaching comparable levels?
4. Is there generally more overhealing from EF or SH builds?
1. Tips for Endless 30 on a Ret, basically. Since Haste stacking dwindles with the cap in proving Grounds, what trinket/talents/strategies have worked for any of you?
Has anyone done the Silver "You're doing it wrong" Proving Ground achievement with any Paladin spec? if so, please share your success.
I realize it is a lot of questions, and I appreciate any and all feedback from paladins of any discipline. Thank you.