Big lack of iconic paladin weapons

90 Human Paladin
Searching through the various hammers of today, I am finding that there are very VERY few hammers that could appear as an alliance two handed mace for humans and dwarves and the paladin art style they represent, the kind you see in WC3 and classic WoW. Most of the 2h hammers you find that you could consider decent are old; not that old weapons are bad, but they're really small compared to end game weapons and they feel less prominent because of it.

Having said all of that, the best hammer of the job would be the Grand Marshal's Battle Hammer but we know only a select few individuals are able to use that.

Is there a weapon I'm missing or something? I have Captain Rogers' Polite Knocking Stick but it feels odd.

Edit: I'm gonna expand this to two-handed swords too, as Berith mentioned below. There's a few swords that could qualify, like Reckoning, but the green color throws it off. I wish the blue and gold color scheme you can see on an NPC in Icecrown Citadel. I'm a personal fan of Vicious Gladiator's Greatsword, which could work, but it doesn't scream PALADIN. As mentioned by me below, there is actually an axe that works VERY well for paladins, but... it's an axe. Which is odd. It's Justicebringer, which works pretty well with the standard Human/dwarf paladin theme.
Edited by Maeltum on 10/30/2013 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You're right in that the GM hammer is the end-all, be-all of iconic Paladin hammers (doesn't Uther use it?), but Warhammer of the Order comes in at a close second, imo. At least for Allies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There's a big lack of Swords too. Blizzard just doesn't like designing weapons that don't look either corrupted or demonic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I find this to be an issue with most of the recent armor and weapons; most of them look too wacky and cartoony, like they would never be used in a real situation. To be honest I never got why PVP gear looks actually functional, while PVE gear looks like a bad Halloween costume; IMO it should be the other way around since gladiators and the like would often wear helmets and armor in the shape of fearsome monsters and foes to strike fear into their opponent and rile up the crowd.
Edited by Nobleshield on 10/30/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wish so hard that i could transmog the grand marshal's claymore... its my perfect sword
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wish so hard that i could transmog the grand marshal's claymore... its my perfect sword

Yeah, the restrictions on those are pretty bogus, since they are some of the best looking armor/weapons in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/30/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Nobleshield

Yeah, the restrictions on those are pretty bogus, since they are some of the best looking armor/weapons in the game.

That's probably why they're restricted D:
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree 100% with this. It doesn't matter what cool pally set you put together you cannot find an awesome retribution themed hammer. Honestly I don't understand why this is. Everything in the game screams we should be wielding them. My spec symbol is a hammer, my spells have hammer icons, and i have spells with the name hammer in them. I want a big righteous retribution themed smiting hammer to lay down the judgement with.

Do I look like this? http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130323172749/wowwiki/images/f/ff/UtherFullHearthstone.png

Or how about this?
http://image.blizzgame.ru/assets/GalleryPhoto/1/Uther-the-Lightbringer-by-Mingchen-Shen.jpg

Of course not. Do i want to look like that? Hell yes i want to. who wouldn't?
Reply Quote
How about these?

Torch of the Damned
Hammer of the Naaru
Forged Elementium Mindcrusher
Hammer of the Grand Crusader
Heart Fire Warhammer
Commanding Mallet

Or even the very newly added:

Invocation of the Dawn
Reply Quote
Invocation of the Dawn is sweet for a Holy Pally!
Or transmog it for Ret!
Edited by Zylvanas on 10/30/2013 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Torch, no.
Hammer of the Naaru, great for draenei, not really for himans/dwarves.
Forged elementium mind crusher, almost, color scheme is off.

The next three are examples of what could look good if they were bigger. Weapons are so much bigger than they were in classic, so they're very underwhelming.

Invocation of the dawn is a decent candidate.

@Berith I agree with you. If Reckoning had that blue and gold skin you find on npc's in icc, I would be swinging that all the day long.

But of all things... there's actually a very decent Paladin axe, which makes no sense. See Justicebringer
Edited by Maeltum on 10/30/2013 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Gonna work on transmogs tonight. Nice to have some ideas.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lore wise, Dwarf and Human Paladins are the ones who wield hammers. Draenei don't have lore so idk what a Draenei pally weapon is besides Hammer of the Nasru lol. Blood Knights most often use swords, and Sunwalkers technically are Sun Druids so Idk what an iconic weapon for them would be besides generic Tauren stuff
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lore wise, Dwarf and Human Paladins are the ones who wield hammers. Draenei don't have lore so idk what a Draenei pally weapon is besides Hammer of the Naaru lol. Blood Knights most often use swords, and Sunwalkers technically are Sun Druids so Idk what an iconic weapon for them would be besides generic Tauren stuff

I would expect tauren to use maces more often than swords or axes. Draenei would probably use whatever is at hand. Most of the city NPC guards use swords, but the mobilized paladin strike teams they can muster usually use maces.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Lore wise, Dwarf and Human Paladins are the ones who wield hammers. Draenei don't have lore so idk what a Draenei pally weapon is besides Hammer of the Nasru lol. Blood Knights most often use swords, and Sunwalkers technically are Sun Druids so Idk what an iconic weapon for them would be besides generic Tauren stuff

Eh, but the Ashbringer was a sword though, most definitely a paladin weapon. It seems to me that hammers were mostly a Knights of the Silver Hand thing until it merged with the Argent Dawn to form the Argent Crusade. I suppose Ironforge and Stormwind's paladins were somewhat branches of that old sect, but barely so. The Argent Dawn, Argent Crusade, even the Scarlets, didn't follow this template. But it would still be nice to mimic the old Knights since it's really iconic and goes further back than any of the mentioned groups.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]