beacon of light needs hotfixed- thoughts?

Im trying to level this paladin and no one wants beacon of light put on them, the annoying constant sound of heals coming makes people just remove the buff. Just take the sound off of incoming heals and no one would know the difference.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They don't want heals, stop healing them.
Reply Quote
lol they want heals but not the annoying sound that comes with it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is one of if not the dumbest complaint I have ever heard. People are silly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Didn't even knew it made a noise when I raided with our hpally.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
as far as i know, only the initial cast of beacon makes the noise. subsequent healing spells cast on the beaconed target do no make any extra noise. Please don't tell me u glyphed the beacon and macroed it together with a healing spell and spam that macro everytime u are trying to heal someone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is one of if not the dumbest complaint I have ever heard. People are silly.

My husband complains about this sound. He hates it when I have EF up. I tell him to suck it up. GAWD

http://www.twitch.tv/ceresc/b/475244777
Edited by Ceresc on 10/31/2013 8:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
as far as i know, only the initial cast of beacon makes the noise. subsequent healing spells cast on the beaconed target do no make any extra noise. Please don't tell me u glyphed the beacon and macroed it together with a healing spell and spam that macro everytime u are trying to heal someone.

Every heal transferred makes a sound.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Every ability in the game makes a sound. Have a druid spam heals on you and it gets pretty annoying too. Your option is to literally not get healed. But then you're going to hear all the other sounds still.
Reply Quote
Every heal ticks the target and it does get excessive when EF is on several players. Everyone either takes it off or asks me not to even use it. I'm just saying alot of folks just hate the constant sound. Yes druid heals can get annoying (i have a druid) but not as bad. If the just took the sound off there wouldn't be any complaints, love the talent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
the transfer's sounds is same as your usual healing sound right? That solves the problem, don't heal them if they say they don't want the sound. Remember to glyph righteous retreat and bubble hearth when they go down though. Not your fault they don't wanna get healed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Every heal ticks the target and it does get excessive when EF is on several players. Everyone either takes it off or asks me not to even use it. I'm just saying alot of folks just hate the constant sound. Yes druid heals can get annoying (i have a druid) but not as bad. If the just took the sound off there wouldn't be any complaints, love the talent.

I've been healing on this paladin since vanilla and I have never been asked to take beacon off and I've never seen anyone remove it either. I'm kind of stunned this is even a thing.

(e) clarification. I'm aware that there was no Beacon in vanilla. Just pointing out that I've been healing since the king was a boy and I've never come across it.
Edited by Sarakatawen on 10/31/2013 9:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Usually big scary monster growls, sword clanks, fire explosions, and PEOPLE SCREAMING WHEN THEY DIE drown over the healing "sounds".

Honestly, I have never even heard a healing sound in my life. My bear moans must be too loud.
Fix: Go play a bear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
For a while, it actually did do that awful beacon noise with every transfer... it was short lived though, I think it was a bug. Now it just does that finishing whoosh sound every time, but it's really mild.
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Sarakatawen

I've been healing on this paladin since vanilla and I have never been asked to take beacon off and I've never seen anyone remove it either. I'm kind of stunned this is even a thing.

(e) clarification. I'm aware that there was no Beacon in vanilla. Just pointing out that I've been healing since the king was a boy and I've never come across it.

It's crazy, I know. I'm just giving blizzard the feedback I'm getting. Maybe it is more obvious in dungeons when levelling, especially between mobs. Those constant ticks do add up I guess. But honestly maybe they could just take the sound out. Hopefully later in the game when more is going on it won't be so noticeable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is fantastic.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
To me the 2 worst sounds in game are the sound a dwarf makes when they laugh, actually one reason i left alliance a long time ago. I switched a toon back to Alliance only to find they had a dwarf outside their shrine that would laugh every 30 seconds or so. Pretty sure they fixed it in 5.4, im sure they received alot of complaints about it. And the sound Water Elementals make, i am looking at you Frost Mages !!

So yeah annoying sounds in game are the worst, it makes you want to log off. They really need to be much better at fixing these issues, or recognize that it is a issue for some.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Most annoying sound is someone casting penance next to you while you're alt-tabbed out...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Theres a button on the computer called "mute" tell them to use it....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wow has sound? O_O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]