Nesingwary and Vek'nilash having major issues

90 Night Elf Hunter
I chatted with tech 1 hour ago. He had no idea when they would fix it, but said they had their "Crisis Team chained to their desks" I imagine Indian programers chained to their desks. :)
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Shaman
It has gotten worse as the night progresses. Before, my main got a weird name change and seemed to have server hopped to Vek though was still on my nesingwary list. Now, I cant log into my alts, my main is gone and my toons are naked....I know they are trying to fix it, Im just a little frustrated.
Reply Quote
9 Gnome Monk
Ok this issue is not just characters that have same name on both servers
i have unique name like gnomedkvn and it is missing as well on my account
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm actually experiencing exactly the opposite issue. I played on Nesingwary as my main server years ago and transferred many of my characters off a long time back. I believe I only had 2 characters remaining on the server.

Today, every character that I transferred off has another copy back on Nesingwary, exactly as it was before I transferred, giving me a full server of 11 characters. If I try to log on to these copies, however, it gives me an error that I can't log in until the character update process is completed.

Is it safe to delete the copies? I don't want to accidentally affect anything with the real versions on my new server.
Reply Quote
71 Human Death Knight
I'm actually experiencing exactly the opposite issue. I played on Nesingwary as my main server years ago and transferred many of my characters off a long time back. I believe I only had 2 characters remaining on the server.

Today, every character that I transferred off has another copy back on Nesingwary, exactly as it was before I transferred, giving me a full server of 11 characters. If I try to log on to these copies, however, it gives me an error that I can't log in until the character update process is completed.

Is it safe to delete the copies? I don't want to accidentally affect anything with the real versions on my new server.

Personally I would suggest leaving them be for now. Give Blizz time to work through it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I'll give them a chance, but I have played this game for years. YEARS.

I have never seen this happen.

NEVER.

It is surprising and it worries me. My guild is gone. Level 25 guild is gone. 2 toons missing. BOA missing (I have some of the BOA). They can get the toons back...but the guild? I don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Couple of my toons are doubled. Toons I deleted months ago are back. And several of my 90's as well are missing. I open ticket. Weird toons I deleted long time ago are back.

Update one of my toons that was 89 is now 87, back in old quest area.
When I went back to edit my ticket it was gone had to make new one. From realms going down and not being able to valor cap to this now is just unacceptable, now we can't work our farms before resets, run for the headless horseman or do other thing (level) a toon while we wait for this to be fix. What is next?

NOW a second time my ticket is gone. If you log out it disappears like everyone's toons. I bet many other things are going to disappear like subs and people tired of this BS
Edited by Chriarcy on 10/29/2013 11:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
My friend and I submitted our tickets at the same time. he has had his toon restored. I haven't even had my ticket read.
So the good news is, things are happening for us on Nes, the bad news is some of us are going to have to wait until tomorrow.
All considered, it could be worse.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Hunter
From my thread, I'll just post it here.

I don't want to come off an exploiter...

or something, but Nesingwary is still having problems.

I hearthed my Hunter, Bretherezen (Level 90 Blood Elf) to the Shrine of Two Moons and I was instantly disconnected. I took a small 15 minute break to come back, and I try to log out of him and am instantly disconnected. I try to log back in to him, and sitting in the top 3 slots now are two additional copy-cat Bretherezen's.

Uhm...

Should I just NOT log in right now on my MAIN?

@Edit: I cannot log in to any of them either, and they appear ungeared. I can see which one is my main, he has the gear on him. But this is scaring me a little.

@Edit: I also have recently deleted characters back, as well as one VERY old one I forgot about (and now that I remember him, I want him to stay :3). But I cannot delete them, I cannot log in to them.

@Edit: Now that I can finally log in on my main Bretherezen, he also experienced the gear loss. /sigh

@Edit: Upon closer inspection, my Hunter has been rolled back several days. This is the explanation for several items not being updated to earlier today, as well as several of his bag slots missing items (I was selling/moving, but I did NOT log out with these slots unfilled).
Reply Quote
I have an account and my kids have an account 20 out of 22 toons gone. 2 out of 22 toons naked. The only toons I can see are the couple I made on Vek before the merge. Everyone in my guild is gone. I wonder if they are going to be able to restore all the guilds with the guild rep. None of my bank alts items are showing on the AH. I had tons of stuff in mail from AH. It worries me a lot when so many things disappear and they haven't taken the servers down. It's either going to take them days to recover everything for so many people or things will be missing. People will be missing a lot of stuff while waiting for all their toons to be fixed. Then to top it off they have server maintenance tomorrow.

I hope that if I play toons on Vek it won't be a waste and they roll everything back to before the screw up.
Edited by Slenry on 10/30/2013 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I have never been so happy to see a "Server Restart" message pop up. I hope this fixes it! <3
Edited by Elleoelle on 10/30/2013 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Hunter
I have never been so happy to see a "Server Restart" message pop up. I hope this fixes it! <3

Yes, yes!

I hope I still have the progression I made from earlier today as well, if not, I will be pretty darned disappointed (for lack of better forum words >_>)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
flagged for rename?!? Even my main that I had just been playing without issue has now been forced into rename? Please tell us this is a glitch. We were told by the GM that our names would not be taken from us through this forced merger.

Edit:
Nearly all of my toons are marked for rename, transmogs are gone, a couple of characters previously deleted are now back in my list, and our characters are apparently now guildless. At one point the server list showed I had 20 toons on.

I understand things are still being sorted - just posting initial results. I'm not panicking just yet, but I am very, very concerned.
Edited by Elleoelle on 10/30/2013 12:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Still recovered 3 old toons I deleted before. Still missing 2 level 90. I don't mind that.

My guild is still gone. I'll wait, but if it is not fix by the weekend...
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Hunter
It looks like all of my characters are back, but now I have a log in problem.

It flagged all of my characters for rename, and I cannot name them back to what they are originally.

I am *NOT* looking to rename my characters, especially my 100% unique name that I have had for well over eight years of World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
After server restart everyone of my characters are flagged for renaming. All 22. That is totally unacceptable. Especially since one of those names my son when he was little helped me pick out and I keep it for sentimental reasons. Just as I keep my first hunter pet who he asked me to name him after our cat. MyMy. He was almost 2 and called the cat MyMy and when I got a cat for a hunter pet named him MyMy
Reply Quote
I am missing toons, have toons that say need a name change and they shouldnt, toon lost levels, toons coming back with multiples, deleted toons showing up
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i just got my 2 90s back ... but now i have 3 dks on nesingwary + my characters i was leveling are now gone and my hunter who i race changed to a human is now back to dwarf
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Hunter
Before the restart (At least, I'm assuming it's already happened, I had no news message about it) all of my characters on Nesingwary were missing, but the realm still showed on my list with (11). After the restart Nesingwary no longer showed that I had any characters so I had to find it on the list. Now when I went to it, my characters are there.... kind of *points to avatar*. I have a bunch of old deleted DKs listed, and a lot of characters flagged for rename, and a random naked tauren. All very weird, I think I preferred when they were gone haha.

That said, I shall enjoy this exclamation point after my name for the few minutes I have it. ^_^
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Hunter
That said, I shall enjoy this exclamation point after my name for the few minutes I have it. ^_^

Take pics. Totally need pics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]