Nesingwary and Vek'nilash having major issues

20 Dwarf Hunter
Seems like they fed the hamsters too much or too little and they either don't fit or fell out of the wheel, hopefully they get this sorted for all of you....
85 Undead Warlock
What I suspect is that whatever they did resulted in a restoration of the last save point for every character that we had on Nesingwary.

For example, I was completely unaffected by this, but am now showing 22 characters on Nesingwary, and the 11 in my list are all flagged for rename and seem to be a copy from either this morning or earlier.

I'm going to assume the other 11 are my real characters with all their progress, hence why the restored copies are flagged for a rename.

Funny enough, the characters I have on Vek'nilash are unaffected and have no doubles, and still have all their progress from today.
97 Pandaren Hunter
10/30/2013 01:02 AMPosted by Bretherezen
That said, I shall enjoy this exclamation point after my name for the few minutes I have it. ^_^

Take pics. Totally need pics.

Well it's not in game at all, unfortunately, as this toon's flagged for rename apparently. But you can see it here on the forums I think, only screenshot I really got is the character select screen. (Sorry if it's big)

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h430/Hecklefang/WoWScrnShot_103013_030420_zpsc4b3b079.jpg
90 Tauren Warrior
Well, all sorts of issues for everyone eh? I would like to know how long this might take to get all fixed but with THIS much of a problem, I dont expect an estimate any time soon. Just relax folks, maybe make a new character on another realm in the meantime, or if you have others on other realms, play those. Or even play something else in the meantime. This is going to take a while.
2 Tauren Hunter
After deleting some of my lower level characters that I no longer care for, that for some reason, were restored after the restart.

The reason it seems my characters are flagged for rename is because of there being duplicate characters.

I do not even know which one is my character from TODAY.

Earlier I logged in (before the Restart) and Bretherezen was missing around 400 LWing and Skinning levels, items from his bags were missing, his Guild was gone or hidden or what, and his Warforged Shoulders from Ordos today were no longer around.

I now have a Bretherezen and a Bretherezen! and I am not going to delete either of them to figure out what one is my real Bretherezen. I hope this is resolved soon.
90 Gnome Mage
Well, all sorts of issues for everyone eh? I would like to know how long this might take to get all fixed but with THIS much of a problem, I dont expect an estimate any time soon. Just relax folks, maybe make a new character on another realm in the meantime, or if you have others on other realms, play those. Or even play something else in the meantime. This is going to take a while.

At this point, I would just appreciate some assurance that the rename flag is a mistake and will be rectified quickly, and that we do actually have a guild to come back to.
90 Tauren Warrior
if you have a rename flag, and a full list of characters, it is entirely possible it extends below screen and deleting some of them would fix the issue. now, if you see a rename flag and there are no others, best advice I can say is just try and enter the name minus the ! in it. I mean heck, I faction changed a warrior on nesingwary, now his counterpart from the alliance is back on my list.

Also, the characters now on your list have been rolled back, basically a system restore on your characters. I dont know how far for you guys, but since I factioned changed just a couple of days ago, Im sitting on about a day rolled back.
Edited by Dakarok on 10/30/2013 1:36 AM PDT
2 Tauren Hunter
Also, the characters now on your list have been rolled back, basically a system restore on your characters. I dont know how far for you guys, but since I factioned changed just a couple of days ago, Im sitting on about a day rolled back.

And for me this is quite unacceptable.

I spent all day leveling LWing and Skinning BOTH to above 540 from around 240.

I even got Warforged shoulders from Ordos earlier yesterday on my Hunter.

Am I to expect that progress to be gone? I am finding that quite unacceptable.
90 Tauren Warrior
No, I never said it was acceptable. Heck, I had done a ToT LFR, gotten some decent loot earlier before I went to work, bought the trinket off the vendor, and that is all gone. I am certainly not happy about it either.
90 Human Rogue
SO any new info on latest problem affecting our game play? I mean resets in an hour I suppose we all miss out on another day of trying to do our daily's run headless horse man etc? Not all of us live in states and have time to do daily's at certain times. Some do them 1-2-3 am. What is blizzard going to do to compensate us? Oh wait nothing that's right.
90 Gnome Mage

I'm hesitant to delete anything right now until I know for sure that's the case. I had JUST remade my entire Frozen Shadoweave set for transmog today after several days of farming the mats, and right now that's all been a frustrating waste of time and money. Not to mention the loss of attempts at the HH mount during a limited time event (6 years of farming - I may as well write it off now). But I can live with that far more than the idea I'd have to rename anything, or the disappearance of our guild.

If our current toons are just 'below the fold' as it were, I can't scroll down the list to see them. I'm hoping for the best and waiting to hear from a Blue.
90 Human Rogue
Not to mention the loss of attempts at the HH mount during a limited time event (6 years of farming - I may as well write it off now)

THIS! From losing our ability to valor cap to 2 maint this week now this mess it really sucks!
Even more so for people like us that buy time cards we do not get our full 60 days and I think it needs to be addressed as well.
Edited by Smexyback on 10/30/2013 2:02 AM PDT
2 Tauren Hunter
Ugh... I just want a reroll back to what my account was 10 hours ago u_u
51 Night Elf Mage
I have three characters flagged for renames on Nesi. I submitted a ticket for it, though I don't know if I was clear on my request... it's 4 in the morning here and I'm still half asleep.

Hoping that the issue gets fixed soon. I'll keep watching this thread for updates.
100 Human Hunter
Same issues here. Characters that I played for awhile (since I started playing WoW) and deleted have come back to life and bumped off my level 90 alts. I have something like 5 or 6 DKs now... all different levels. I've also got at least one marked for a rename. Good times.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Just throwing my 2 copper in.

Like a couple others on this thread, ALL of my previously deleted (i.e. prior to this patch) toons were restored. I recently (two days ago) changed my orc warrior to a blood elf warrior (and renamed him), and now I have BOTH.

Also, all of the quests I completed in the past few days are undone.

Woo.

Edit: And my basically non-existent guild is gone. It was really small, but it was MINE! I'm going to take my toys and go sit in a corner...
Edited by Theas on 10/30/2013 3:35 AM PDT
86 Blood Elf Priest
I assume they will fix this , but i have a problem , every characters that are flagged for name change seem to be the duplicate ones except my hunter. Yesterday i bought some item for transmog and i did the transmog on him and then i went to karazhan to run the first boss for the mount and a couple other bosses and left him in Kara afterwards. Now the hunter that is not flagged for name change is in Stormwind and doesnt have the transmog and the one that is flagged is in Kara and weilding the transmog.

If they do fix this i don't want them to delete the good one , wich is the one that is flagged.
100 Worgen Death Knight
Finally found my missing horde guild on the other merged server.. I am guessing that means their guilds went to ours.

I sincerely hope we can get back into our guilds with the same reputation on guild we had when we left.
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]