Blue tweets on Mage 90 talents

100 Blood Elf Mage
Or what if we could cast AE from 40 yards away. And it would explode again on targets in close proximity of the initial blast. And it also had a chance to proc a secondary explosion on the same targets that were hit.

That would be so OP.

No no no. Instead we should

Keep
Calm
And
Cast
Nether Tempest

+1

Hate lvl 90 talents. Hate bombs.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage

I think the reason most people object to the lvl 90 talents is because it takes away 15% of our dps, then puts it back as an annoying mechanic we never had to worry about before (except for arcane that is).

They feel like they were put in place to artificially restrict movement more than anything else. They could give us back the 15% baseline and just have us get stunned for 2s every 60s and it would be pretty much the same effect.

My problem with those who display vast issues with the last tier of talents are simple. They want a flat damage increase with no downside, no matter how minor.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
10/31/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Delatt
Whats funny is all of us use the talents we selected this expansion. When in expansions past we talented things we never used to get further down the tree.

I think the reason most people object to the lvl 90 talents is because it takes away 15% of our dps, then puts it back as an annoying mechanic we never had to worry about before (except for arcane that is).

That's not really true, though. More accurately, they take away about 8% of our DPS. Then, using the talent mechanics with moderate competence restores that 8%. But using them better can push you higher. And more importantly, the difference between sustained and "in the moment" DPS means that ensuring that your downtime doesn't fall on a burst window means you're running at about 6.5% above your expected sustained DPS during those burst windows, before applying burst cooldowns, etc.

Sadly, few people seem to really feel and enjoy the benefit of these mechanics, so I do expect them to change somewhat in 6.0. (I dislike Invocation, but I very much enjoy Rune and IW. That doesn't mean you're wrong not to enjoy them -- different people enjoy different things.)

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
– George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
How you liking SoO Lhiv? No more "nice walk, spoiled" feel in flex right? =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]