Probly bad decision... But.... 500....

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, so I've been gearing up and doing pretty good I think for only a few days work.. But, I just looted Romy's Reliable Grips, I know their for a Holy pally and not any stats that work for ret, but it would give me a 500 ilvl... I currently have Cliffbreaker Gauntlets. Should I just wait for something better to come along, or switch up?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I hope this isn't a serious question
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ohh... umm.. yea, no.. trolling, thats it... Look its my first 90, and I've never had this high of an ilvl, its exciting.. and 500 is even more exciting... I'll take it its a bad idea..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh ok... as retribution you need strength and only strength items. Even though it has a higher ilvl it does nothing to benefit your class and instead would gimp your dps.

Here's a good beginner guide
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Holy gear does absolutely nothing for Ret. There are extreme fringe cases for Prot (mostly shields) where it can be viable, but it's still not recommended. Hitting iL 500 does absolutely nothing for you. You can already access all LFR content at 496, and Flex/normal would be doable with a good group to carry you.

Just be patient, and get the gear that you actually need. Helpful Ret information here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9753545568

EDIT:
10/29/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Lindsabluth
Here's a good beginner guide

y u no lynk nah guydz maeb?!
Edited by Grôgnárd on 10/29/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Retribution for what you did on the pvp thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok cool thanks, I'm not a complete newb.. Just never been this high before and I know at lower levels I would equip a piece that was not for my spec just to enter the dungeon.. wasn't sure if I had all access to all raids yet.. Still very much a newb when it comes to raiding and whatnot.. Timeless isle shot me up real quick, haha..
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
10/29/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Mjolnur
at lower levels I would equip a piece that was not for my spec just to enter the dungeon..

Unnecessary, since you can just carry the higher iL piece in your bags since gating is based on average available.

Retribution for what you did on the pvp thread.

...What'd I do? Twice, even?
Edited by Grôgnárd on 10/29/2013 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh ok, I diddnt realize that Grog, thanks for heads up for alts tho:) And since I made this post I have become ilvl502, lol.... Now if only I had some mroe of those warforged seals...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]