Judge range for selfless healer

90 Human Paladin
I'd like to see this brought up to 40 yards with the rest of my spells.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Might as well make CS 40 yards as well, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can see the logic behind making Judgment 40 yards instead of 30; your healing targets will most likely be engaging enemies, and if you can heal from 40 yards away, it'd be convenient if you could use damage-for-resource talents like Selfless Healer from 40 yards away, too.

That, and there was an older Holy talent (called "Enlightened Judgements" I believe) that boosted the range of Judgment by an extra 10 yards, too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well to make it a pivotal part of the playstyle and not even give us a choice to make it 40 yards like it was in Cata is a bit of an oversight I think. Maybe a glyph idea?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can see the logic behind making Judgment 40 yards instead of 30; your healing targets will most likely be engaging enemies, and if you can heal from 40 yards away, it'd be convenient if you could use damage-for-resource talents like Selfless Healer from 40 yards away, too.

That, and there was an older Holy talent (called "Enlightened Judgements" I believe) that boosted the range of Judgment by an extra 10 yards, too.

Exactly! Thank you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ret 2pc pvp set bonus makes it 40yds
Reply Quote
Would be a really nice QoL change. It just feels clunky having all my healing spells be 40yds, but my resource generator for those spells is only 30yds.

That said, the only fight where I really notice that is dark shamans. Everything else I'm usually closer to the boss anyway because there's rarely a good reason to be at absolute max range.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I noticed it on Heroic Galakras progression while standing with the range next to the first tower. Not really an issue in other places, but it would still be a nice change.
Edited by Cerealslayer on 10/29/2013 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
God yes I was going to make a thread about this. It's extremely annoying especially on fights like Garrosh where everyone is stacked around 40 yards away from the boss. Yes you can just move 10 yards but why have one spell in a rotation that requires 30 yards.

This is just from a healing standpoint, it doesn't have to affect Ret or Prot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Judgement is a primary damage spell for prot and ret paladins and a situational spell for holy paladins when talented. Judgement itself isn't the heal, thus it doesn't need to be 40yds.

Oh I get what your saying. Even though Selfless Healer has additional effects for Holy than it does for Prot and Ret, extending the range by 10 yards for that Holy talent only is not required because it's a primary damage spell for Prot and Ret?

Makes perfect sense, even though a Selfless Healer Holy Paladin probably uses this spell just as much as those two specs right? We just have to suck it up and stand 10 yards away from the stack point or risk fudging our rotations up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Judgement is a primary damage spell for prot and ret paladins and a situational spell for holy paladins when talented. Judgement itself isn't the heal, thus it doesn't need to be 40yds.

If Selfless is talented, judgement is used on cooldown. Another source of holy power other than HS and ToR is not "situational", but rather needs to be used so that you take full advantage of the talent. Some people prefer this playstyle, and regemming/reforging because i can't reach a mob to judgement from where i'm healing due to mechanics or just positioning is ridiculous.

This is also from a PvE standpoint of course.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Talents are situational by nature. You are choosing to use a damage ability as a resource generator and you will be saddled with its limitations. As long as it remains a choice and isn't required to adequately fulfill your role, 10 more yds is unnecessary.

Your logic... is almost robotic.

When range prevents me from using one of my major rotational cooldowns, in a spec that was created to be used, I believe it is necessary.
Edited by Trynitii on 10/29/2013 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well it's true that holy was redesigned not to use judgement in MoP, but they revamped selfless for holy this tier after the eternal flame nerfs so we would have another choice.

You don't let selfless stack up to 3 either though, with a healthy amount of haste your rotation can be Judge>HR>HS>Finisher since it is still affected by sanctity.

I appreciate that you're entitled to your opinion in the forums lobster, but this is a holy paladin gripe and you really don't seem to know what you're talking about.
Edited by Cerealslayer on 10/30/2013 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't played holy since the earliest weeks of Cata. Doesn't mean I don't keep up with the changes. Blizzard's intention was to make SH more appealing for holy paladins, which they did, and they did it without altering Judgement's range. Sometimes life isn't fair.

I'm sorry you think a damage ability should accommodate your healing spec even more than it already does with SH.

=\ Your entire argument is ludicrous. It's like arguing that Ret couldn't use Judgement unless they were out of melee range. Or better yet, one shouldn't be able to use WoG within 10 yards of a hostile target because it's original intent was healing not damage.
Edited by Goobadin on 10/30/2013 12:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is like arguing that Eternal Flame shouldn't cost HP for Ret, since not using HP on damage is inconvenient.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]