The Griefer and Ordos.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not going to name the player in particular, as I know that's clearly against the forum rules. I still want to talk about the situation.

So I got into an Ordos group using Oqueue earlier this morning. We were on Realm Area52. Every time we pulled Ordos, a DK from that server would pull all the mobs in the area he could up to our raid, which would end up wiping us due to their numbers/powerful AoE spells. Eventually, we formed a strategy where an off tank would pull any mobs he tried to throw at us away from the area, which effectively let us kill the boss. When all was said and done, I had to pay roughly 500 gold in repair bills.

A vast majority of the raid reported him, which leads to my question. What kind of punishment is usually given out for this type of behavior? I'm willing to let the repair cost/added stress go if I can have the peace of mind that this type of behavior leads to a suspension. Keep in mind, our raid was very vocal about reporting him.

Another thing that was aggravating, griefer aside. Someone early on suggested that someone use their Censure of Eternal Agonies to kill him. Pro idea. The only people who were willing to actually do this were myself and one other player. In less time then it took me to /find player who was greifing, our own raid started attacking us (I even bubbled and told them I'm trying to kill [player], please stop) It's a beautiful thing when you call a raid out for idiotically killing us and no one responds. I whispered players I saw that attacked us in my combat log, and none of them reponded. I could almost smell the shame.
Edited by Andhar on 10/30/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
A lot of people who play WoW are the lowest common denominator.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
A lot of people who play WoW are the lowest common denominator.

quoted for thruth.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Transfer to PvP server. Faceroll them.

Problem solved.
Edited by Draenrya on 10/30/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
While this is a sad story, Kiln masters have 7m hp. Ordon high priests have 26m. A 40 man raid should be able to totaly crush that trash.
Edited by Bosspriest on 10/30/2013 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Problem solved.

He was horde. It was a cross realm Ordos group. I am on a PVP server. And unless something has changed very recenrtly, I'm pretty sure you can't attack someone from the same faction unless you use a Censure of Eternal Aggony, which from reading my post, you can see lead to tears.

While this is a sad story, Kiln masters have 7m hp. Ordon high priests have 26m. A 40 man raid should be able to totaly crush that trash.

It was a pug group. The vast majority said "ignore the adds and let them kill the DK" while a brave few thought "I got this, just kill them" and would attack. Either way, with multiple mobs in the raid area, their AoEs were enough to kill the majority of players.
Edited by Andhar on 10/30/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

When not fighting Ordos at the same time, yes... At the same time you are killing a world boss? Are you joking?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I've seen this happen twice to an Ordos raid I was in. We still managed the kills both times but the person managed to cause quite a lot of people to die. Should close the door off or something :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Unfortunately, probably nothing will happen to the idiot DK who was reported for griefing.
This is why people like that keep doing it, there is pretty much no punishment from Blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/30/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Deathbearer

When not fighting Ordos at the same time, yes... At the same time you are killing a world boss? Are you joking?

I know right?

One thing I hate about these forums. No matter what, someone thinks you are the problem. Someone broke into your house and stole your property? Should have had a security guard patrolling you residence 24/7. Please, wow community, don't defend the greifer or this behavior, I mean seriously.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
10/30/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Andhar

I know right?

One thing I hate about these forums. No matter what, someone thinks you are the problem. Someone broke into your house and stole your property? Should have had a security guard patrolling you residence 24/7. Please, wow community, don't defend the greifer or this behavior, I mean seriously.

I was not defending him. Just saying 40 90's shouldnt have any trouble with Ordos's trash
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior

Problem solved.

He was horde. It was a cross realm Ordos group. I am on a PVP server. And unless something has changed very recenrtly, I'm pretty sure you can't attack someone from the same faction unless you use a Censure of Eternal Aggony, which from reading my post, you can see lead to tears.

It was a pug group. The vast majority said "ignore the adds and let them kill the DK" while a brave few thought "I got this, just kill them" and would attack. Either way, with multiple mobs in the raid area, their AoEs were enough to kill the majority of players.

Are we sure that clown isn't trying to grind rep and use your raid to facilitate the death of things he can't fight on his own?

Ya know, like when I logged on, ran smack dab into Huolon, which was pulled while Champion of the Black was running around, And someone STILL pulled a Drake and another pulled a Berserker because they each wanted something else.

My DK tanks Huolon, not that hard actually, the Champion of the Black (which made tanking Huolon considerably more difficult), and the extra adds so the DPS could burn them down, (Which I managed, but it was preposterous to the clusterFk of it).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Unfortunately, probably nothing will happen to the idiot DK who was reported for griefing.
This is why people like that keep doing it, there is pretty much no punishment from Blizz.

Not just a problem in game. It's a problem with the whole world now. There are no repercussions anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I didn't mean to aim it at you in particular. Just the general idea you suggested gave me a grave foreshadowing of posts to come. My apologies.

But to comment on your statement, it's not as easy as it sounds for a random pug group. Like I said, over half the raid was trying to ignore the adds while some thought killing them would be easier. You see how a split in opinion would cause an issue though, right? You get a small handful of players trying to deal with adds and all of a sudden you have tons of adds AoEing your raid (and we know how powerful those AoEs are). Eventually a strategy of using an off tank to pull them away proved effective.

I would hope that if a player was reported by many players during a small time frame, they would at least look into it. Tons of the raiders stated they were filling out tickets with his name/realm. This type of behavior shouldn't be acceptable. I work in a hotel, and if one customer is causing a disturbance to the rest of the guests, they are kicked off of the property.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Are we sure that clown isn't trying to grind rep and use your raid to facilitate the death of things he can't fight on his own?

Ya know, like when I logged on, ran smack dab into Huolon, which was pulled while Champion of the Black was running around, And someone STILL pulled a Drake and another pulled a Berserker because they each wanted something else.

My DK tanks Huolon, not that hard actually, the Champion of the Black (which made tanking Huolon considerably more difficult), and the extra adds so the DPS could burn them down, (Which I managed, but it was preposterous to the clusterFk of it).

I'm 100% sure this wasn't the case. He was clearly griefing our raid. He would wait until we pulled Ordos and then bring as many mobs as he could into the area. He did this many many times. It was very, very, very obvious.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
It's called zone disruption. If enough people report him, he will be suspended and perhaps banned.

This happens with every world boss. Like for example, I had an ally hunter on a PvE server pull oondasta before the horde group was ready, repeatedly. If the tank/group somehow recovered and was chugging along, he'd pull all the nearby mobs on top of the tank and kill him, which then meant Oondasta would turn around and oneshot the raid. I reported him, then made a ticket, because I was told that he had been doing this for 2 days straight now, to ask if this kind of behaviour was okay. I was told that it was not, and that with sufficient reports, action would be taken if his behaviour was persistent.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior

I'm 100% sure this wasn't the case. He was clearly griefing our raid. He would wait until we pulled Ordos and then bring as many mobs as he could into the area. He did this many many times. It was very, very, very obvious.

Okey dokey smokey. I wasn't certain, but that does seem like a D-move in my opinion. I just thought he was a lazy mother...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's called zone disruption. If enough people report him, he will be suspended and perhaps banned.

This happens with every world boss. Like for example, I had an ally hunter on a PvE server pull oondasta before the horde group was ready, repeatedly. If the tank/group somehow recovered and was chugging along, he'd pull all the nearby mobs on top of the tank and kill him, which then meant Oondasta would turn around and oneshot the raid. I reported him, then made a ticket, because I was told that he had been doing this for 2 days straight now, to ask if this kind of behaviour was okay. I was told that it was not, and that with sufficient reports, action would be taken if his behaviour was persistent.

*Fist pump*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]