Timeless Trinket

100 Gnome Monk
I'm finally about to hit 50k in timeless coins. Is there anything wrong with picking the Agility trinket for a brew master? Thanks for your input
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Do you know you can upgrade your gear 8 itemlevels in shrine for 500 valor? Every piece is un upgraded.
Reply Quote
97 Human Monk
Jonnus, looking at their progression, or lack thereof, you can can make an assumption that it is either a newer player or an alt that recently hit 90. On my baby monk, that dinged 90 last weekend, I don't use valor to upgrade things unless it's a weapon/useful trinket. I save it up for the Shado-Pan stuff to help buffer out the timeless gear.

OP assuming you don't have anything better and aren't going to use to the coins, go for it.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Frai, I did. I inspected her gear and offered a piece of game information she may not know that can vastly improve her capabilities in game.

Because a player is new doesn't mean 'ignore easy upgrades.' It means 'offer help in case a player doesn't know this feature is in the game.'
Edited by Jonnus on 10/30/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I inspected her gear and offered a piece of game information she may not know that can vastly improve her capabilities in game.

Rook's is a pretty cruddy trinket to be using on all fights I'd consider spending those VP on the 522 VP trinket or even possible the wrist or ring slot if LFR/Flex isn't being kind.

Since she is only killing a tiny number of bosses that drop good BrM trinkets the trinket would be a much better VP spending (basically filling an "empty" slot) than adding +8 to a flex piece.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
Which VP trinket did you have in mind Rikimu?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Sadly Brewmaster does not itemize in a way that gets much benefit from trinkets blizzard has designated for "Tanking"

The agility DPS one (http://www.wowhead.com/item=94511)

You'll have to reforge all of that hit though. Other options until you get to the Ebon Detonator or other siege trinkets would be from ToT Normal and all would be better than the VP trinket IMO (In rough order; Rune of Re-Origination forged for Crit or Mastery proc, Talisman of Bloodlust, Bad JuJu, Renataki's soul charm or Rune of Re-Origination LFR version)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Irulan is correct and also Renataki's from ToT is still a strong trinket and comes from 1st boss so keep an eye out for a Heroic ToT group (probably doing cheevos) which should be cake in current gear + nerfs.

I wouldn't suggest Rune unless you are willing to research how it works and is used by BrM. Otherwise it's just a waiting game on SoO dropping something better for you which is probably TED for starters.
Edited by Rikimu on 10/31/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Personally I wouldn't waste valor on an outdated trinket. I'd stick with the ones you have and upgrade your other gear. Start with the highest itemlevel or items you think you won't replace. The upgrade vendors are next to the reforges in shrine. The Rook's Talisman is only good for one fight, but the extra stamina isn't going to hurt. You'll replace that eventually.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
So I take it AoC isn't really worth it for a brew master then? Since its Agility based *think i'm right* I thought it would be a decent trinket for us or am i wrong about that?
Reply Quote
93 Gnome Monk
So I take it AoC isn't really worth it for a brew master then? Since its Agility based *think i'm right* I thought it would be a decent trinket for us or am i wrong about that?

its not good at all for us no

not even that great for WW unless you have flawless rotation skeelz
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Keep in mind the CD reductions only apply for windwalker spec. So as a BM you don't get that, it's just the agility. And yes, agility is not our best stat.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Monk
And yes, agility is not our best stat.

Well, not technically true. On a one to one agility IS our best stat(depending on your gearing scheme), however that's not how gems work. Another thing to consider is that if you play WW, agi is better than any secondary x2, so it works better as hybrid gear.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
11/01/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Konekochan
And yes, agility is not our best stat.

Well, not technically true. On a one to one agility IS our best stat(depending on your gearing scheme), however that's not how gems work. Another thing to consider is that if you play WW, agi is better than any secondary x2, so it works better as hybrid gear.

Indeed.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Monk
The Rook's Talisman is only good for one fight

Rook's clicky effect actually works on a great many effects on nearly every boss encounter in SoO. That being said, it's pretty bad outside of niche uses like malk solo soaking/etc.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
Which SoO trinkets do brewmasters generally want?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Ticking Ebon Detonator from blackfuse, then all of the other ones depend on your playstyle. Haromm's is nice for dps... Malkorok nice for extra beefiness, but your timeless trinket is a pretty good matchup with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]