Useful Priest Healing Macros

90 Human Priest
Hey guys, I posted a video showing some of the macros I use for healing on my priest, hopefully someone finds them useful =) feel free to like, dislike, comment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYe7TCVOeY
Thanks for checking it out =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Few YouTube related tips:
- Add more to the title on YouTube, you'll get more hits if the title is more specific based on what people search for. For instance adding "disc" "holy" or "pve" or "pvp".
- If you're going to make a video about macros, make it easier for people to access them. Copy and paste = wonderful. I have clicked on macro videos before and once I realized the actual macros were not listed, promptly left to find them elsewhere. Having to pause the video and type everything out can be tedious, especially if you don't have several monitors at your disposal.
- I'd also include more information about the macros themselves in the description, again it's great for search results. I'd also add it under gaming and not people and blogs :p
- I'd also cut it down some, in the future. I have no room to talk about babbling, but recently I myself have been making an effort to edit down my videos more.
- And finally, annotations. They are your friend. Makes it much easier to navigate a video if I am looking for a specific macro instead of having to watch the whole thing or skim it.

Beyond that will have to try these macros on my priest :D! Actually never thought about combining smite/friendly healing into one button.
Edited by Veroicone on 10/30/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks so much for the input, I added time links in the description
- annotations for each macro explaining it's function
- annotations at the start which link to each macro
- the macros in the description
- Changed the Category to Gaming
- Added some specificity to the title

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I should improve, and I hope you found / find the macros useful =)
Edited by Drothmuffin on 10/31/2013 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Rogue
I just macro my level 90 talent to every other ability and it works pretty well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks so much for the input, I added time links in the description
- annotations for each macro explaining it's function
- annotations at the start which link to each macro
- the macros in the description
- Changed the Category to Gaming
- Added some specificity to the title

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I should improve, and I hope you found / find the macros useful =)

Much better :D Can be time consuming but I think it makes things much easier :) Good luck with your channel!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Excellent video! I'm just starting out my first healer class (priest) and after 2 runs of Chasm, I'm already realizing how tedious healing can be without help. Also following Vero's advice made my later navigations of the vid so much easier. +1/Gold Star/Thumbs Up/Like/Digg/Kudos.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]