Oqueue v. 1.6.1 not working

90 Draenei Shaman
Oqueue isn't connecting and I can't find v. 1.6.0 anywhere to replace it. This new version shows 99,999 horde online and zero Alliance players and zero packets received or sent. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Nothing Blizzard can do. Its not their addon.

You can go to the maker and post on their forums, bring it up to curse if they support it, or you can try and troubleshoot it yourself by reseting your game's ui -> login to the game then close the game -> then redownload the addon.

Reset UI: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/resetting-the-world-of-warcraft-user-interface
Edited by Derathain on 11/3/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Mage
You can contact the add-on author Looks like there is a issue with the latewst version they pulled it from curse this is the message I get when trying to access oqueue from curse

Home»
World of Warcraft Addons »
PvP »
oQueue
ȀThis project is in moderation.
Edited by Northernlite on 11/3/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I been using 1.61 without any issues and 1.6 wasnt on curses, long before this new one. It is my understanding, that him asking for beer is a problem for them or blizzard. Im not sure which but i saw it posted on this forum.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
They are now on v1.6.3

http://216.119.148.170/oqueue/index.html
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
it's my decision whether or not to list oQueue on curse.

i've chosen not to.

from now on, you can find it exclusively at solidice.com

(which has a temporary forward to the new site in order to handle the load.. i'll move the domain once i get around to moving all the email stuff)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm having an issue with your add-on tiny, whenever I switch gear using the equipment manager it make my client unresponsive ultimately forcing me to close the client and restart it. Is there a way to fix this issue?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ah nvm I had to uncheck the show ilevel.
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Warlock
why take it off curse, any insight into this ?
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
I'm having an issue with your add-on tiny, whenever I switch gear using the equipment manager it make my client unresponsive ultimately forcing me to close the client and restart it. Is there a way to fix this issue?

there has been shown to be a conflict between oQueue and other addons that are using the tooltip for scanning. (RatingBuster i think?) do you have any such addons that modify or show various gear info?

an mmoc-blogger had a hissy fit on reddit in july raging about how bad oQueue is and how horrible i am (for not dropping to bended knee at his presence). he continued his hissy fit and pushes it into a raging hate-on in every post he makes. my response in october was to tell him he was unprofessional and if his hissy fits are indicative of mmoc, i wasn't missing much. 4 days later, curse puts oqueue into 'moderation' due to the 'send beer' button... a button that has been in oqueue since the beginning and is grey area violation of the tos (unlike the curse client which is a blatant violation). btw, if you didn't know... mmoc is part of curse.

i could remove the button and put it back on curse... thereby helping to generate ad revenue for them (of which, less then 5% goes to the addon devs).

no thanks.

i've chosen not to utilize their file sharing services
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Can you fix it so that it doesn't spam messages to Hearthstone with v 1.6.5?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Good evening,
I updated to v1.6.6 tonight and oQueue no longer works for me, on any of my characters. Below is the message I receive upon logging in or doing /reloadui. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Bob

Date: 2013-11-30 23:54:34
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index field 'pkt_drift' (a nil value)
Debug:
oqueue\oqueue.lua:15346: check_drift()
oqueue\oqueue.lua:15372: process_premade_info()
oqueue\oqueue.lua:15332: ?()
oqueue\oqueue.lua:19268: process_msg()
oqueue\oqueue.lua:18952: ?()
oqueue\oqueue.lua:19874:
oqueue\oqueue.lua:19872
Locals:
dt = 57
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'pkt_drift' (a nil value)"
oq = <table> {
update_scores = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:17027
route_to_boss = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:19131
on_top_dps_recvd = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:15573
queue_popped = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:19660
onShow_tab1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:11900
timer_invite_group = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:7689
on_mbox_bn_enable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:5822
set_deserter = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:16722
send_q = <table> {
}
pending = <table> {
}
ok_for_waitlist = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:15909
player_new_level = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:20769
get_mmr = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:2722
get_bg_experience = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue_premade_info.lua:342
set_group_lead = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:9588
clear_report_attempts = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:21747
waitlist = <table> {
}
group_left = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:8085
waitlist_sort = "time"
get_spell_crit = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:2742
tab3_enforce = oq_check227 {
}
create_tab_banlist = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:12543
raid = <table> {
}
space_it = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:5216
raid_announce_relay = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:6211
pm_tooltip_set = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue_tooltips.lua:725
first_open_seat = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:19906
create_badtagbox = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:12582
send_to_scorekeeper = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:4203
create_scenario_group = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:8761
start_ready_check = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:15927
cell_occupied = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:8349
on_grp_stats = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:18452
player_died = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:20765
update_raid_listitem = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:15213
setpos = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue_ui_tools.lua:88
toggle_threat_level = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:694
tab1_quit_button = oqtabpage1button11 {
}
send_leave_waitlist = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:6938
on_mesh_tag = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:9842
on_group_roster_update = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:20612
toggle_auto_role = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:20257
getpos = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:7394
ladder_group = ladderregion159 {
}
find_first_available_group = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:7791
tab4_horde_nCrowns = <unnamed> {
}
on_proxy_target = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:14205
decode_stats2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:17758
tab1_tag = oqcliklabel7 {
}
create_tab3_shade = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:13782
fog_init = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\battlegrounds\fog_of_war.lua:182
timers = <table> {
}
get_crowns = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:17013
log_cmdline = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:2544
clear_model = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:16325
send_req_waitlist = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\oqueue\oqueue.lua:7019
timer_
AddOns:
MoncaiCompare, v5.4.0
Swatter, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
ACP, v3.4.5
Altoholic, v5.4.001
AskMrRobot, v1.2.3.0
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded)
BagBrother, v
Bagnon, v5.4.3
Bartender4, v4.5.13.2
BeanCounter, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
BittensSpellFlashLibrary, v50400.4.1
Configator, v5.1.DEV.344(/embedded)
DataStore, v5.4.001
DataStoreAchievements, v5.4.001
DataStoreAgenda, v5.4.001
DataStoreAuctions, v5.4.001
DataStoreCharacters, v5.4.001
DataStoreContainers, v5.4.001
DataStoreCrafts, v5.4.001
DataStoreCurrencies, v5.4.001
DataStoreInventory, v5.4.001
DataStoreMails, v5.4.001
DataStorePets, v5.4.001
DataStoreQuests, v5.4.001
DataStoreReputations, v5.4.001
DataStoreSpells, v5.4.001
DataStoreStats, v5.4.001
DataStoreTalents, v5.4.001
DBMCore, v
DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded)
ElvUI, v6.81
ElvUIRaidMarkers, v4.11
GatherMate2, v1.27
GTFO, v4.27
Informant, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.355(/embedded)
MikScrollingBattleText, v5.7.131
oqueue, v1.6.6
Overachiever, v0.73
Postal, v3.5.1
Skada, v1.4-14
SkadaCC, v1.0
SkadaDamage, v1.0
SkadaDamageTaken, v1.0
SkadaDeaths, v1.0
SkadaDebuffs, v1.0
SkadaDispels, v1.0
SkadaEnemies, v1.0
SkadaHealing, v1.0
SkadaPower, v1.0
SkadaThreat, v1.0
SpellFlash, v6.10
SpellFlashCore, v2.0.4
Stubby, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.351(/embedded)
TomTom, vv50400-1.0.0
VendorBait, v4.2.0.8
WorldBossStatus, v2.2.1
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.4.1.50400 <us>
(ck=62d)
Reply Quote
18 Undead Warrior

an mmoc-blogger had a hissy fit on reddit in july raging about how bad oQueue is and how horrible i am (for not dropping to bended knee at his presence). he continued his hissy fit and pushes it into a raging hate-on in every post he makes. my response in october was to tell him he was unprofessional and if his hissy fits are indicative of mmoc, i wasn't missing much. 4 days later, curse puts oqueue into 'moderation' due to the 'send beer' button... a button that has been in oqueue since the beginning and is grey area violation of the tos (unlike the curse client which is a blatant violation). btw, if you didn't know... mmoc is part of curse.

i could remove the button and put it back on curse... thereby helping to generate ad revenue for them (of which, less then 5% goes to the addon devs).

no thanks.

i've chosen not to utilize their file sharing services

Tiny makes it sound like the guy from curse is the bad guy. I actually read the so called "hissy fit" from the guy from curse, and I thought the comments were clear, descriptive and justified. He wasn't making unwarranted attacks, but merely pointing out the problems with the addon (of which there are many). I commented as such that the curse dude actually had a point (on Tiny's facebook oqueue group) and I got banned for my efforts.

Says it all really.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
if you're working in the industry as a 'correspondent', it would not make sense to request an interview and promptly miss it ... by almost 2 weeks. then compound it by raging about whatever dislikes you have towards a FREE product you know nothing about.

here are the initial messages:
http://solidice.com/oqueue/chaud_cursepm_june2013.png

followed by his hissy fit on reddit 3 weeks later:
http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1hs78q/what_the_heck_is_this_just_randomly_popped_up_on/

which was followed immediately by 'someone' on wowace fishing for a dev to replace oqueue (for free, ofc):
http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?p=326356

then on oct 18th he continued the hissy fit:
http://np.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1opfi8/whats_up_with_oqueue_on_curse_is_there_a_problem/ccueuak

which was followup up within 4 days on curse (the parent site for mmoc) by putting oqueue in curse's own 'moderation' status (*gasp* oh noes!!)

btw... just so you know:
1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
source: UI Add-On Development Policy
link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

this exactly describes the curse premium client. exactly.

i'd like to see their excuse for how they're not charging for distributing addons in the 'premium' curse client.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
I commented as such that the curse dude actually had a point (on Tiny's facebook oqueue group) and I got banned for my efforts

the oqueue community facebook group is a... community run facebook group.

of the 1250+ members, i believe one or two people have been ejected from the group.

which speaks for itself
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Thank you, Tiny. Whatever coding magic you did for 1.6.7 worked like a charm. Up and running again :-)
Reply Quote
btw... just so you know:
1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
source: UI Add-On Development Policy
link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914

this exactly describes the curse premium client. exactly.

What you quoted isn't relevant to the Curse Client at all...

i'd like to see their excuse for how they're not charging for distributing addons in the 'premium' curse client.

Because they're not charging for downloading the addons...

1) The pay service is for mass downloading, synching save files across multiple clients, higher bandwidth downloads and cloud backups and a few other minor perks. You don't have to pay a dime to download from Curse or even to use the Curse Client. As such, the first sentence does not apply.

2) The Curse Client is not an addon. Addons that are downloaded after paying for Permium are the exact same addons available through free downloads so you can't claim premium for pay content. The pay services are not related to any addon, they are related to the site itself. You are not required to pay anything to view or obtain any addon in any way from Curse. Thus the second sentence does not apply.

Again, that clause doesn't apply to the Curse Client at all.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Death Knight
the tos doesn't say the addon is charging... it says you cannot charge to download it. this means charging for access or for 'premium access'... which, in curse's case means, faster downloads... either by website premium accounts or premium download clients.

total violation
Reply Quote
12/01/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Tinymasher
the tos doesn't say the addon is charging... it says you cannot charge to download it.

Which they don't.

12/01/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Tinymasher
this means charging for access or for 'premium access'... which, in curse's case means, faster downloads... either by website premium accounts or premium download clients.

The only relevance to premium access is that you cannot charge for access to an addon. Which they don't. The fact that you can obtain the addon off Curse without paying a dime clears them of this. If there was a file download limit in place that was removed on Premium Access, then you would have an argument. If you had to pay them otherwise you couldn't download it, then you would have an argument. Right now, not a chance.

total violation

No.

This and many other things were argued ad nausium when the addon policy went into place. Curse's client and premium was brought up constantly. Their service and the client still exist years later. If this had violated the policy Blizzard would likely have had words with Curse by now; or at the very least Curse wouldn't be listed in their Official Blizzard Fansite thread. There is no violation here.
Reply Quote
Let's be honest:

Blizzard never intended anyone to make money by providing addons which is exactly what curse is doing in one way. Blizzard intended all addons to be free. This also would extend to "how" you get the addons whether or not there are alternative ways to acquire them.

Blizzard never intended a direct link asking for donations (or beer) from an addon to link to a donation page. Tiny's using a link to a website to stay in the gray area just like Curse's premium client.

You can't fault one without the other and ultimately it's Blizzard's job to make clear terms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]