Next expansion level 100 cap?

86 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed that the Garrosh weapon is a 90-100 heirloom.

Does that mean that the next level cap will be to 100?

or

Are they making the weapons useful for two expacs? < if so pretty wierd
Edited by Divinestorm on 11/4/2013 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Old news. Yes it will be a level 100 expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Old news. Yes it will be a level 100 expansion.

Wrong
It will most likely be a level 100 expansion.
There is no guarantee until its announced.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Well that's your assumption. No sources have clarified the level cap....or have they?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well that's your assumption. No sources have clarified the level cap....or have they?

Blizzard has said not to assume anything because of the Garrosh heirlooms. Even the Heirlooms levels could change with upcoming patches or expansions.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
98. it is known.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I don't want to level up 10 times though!
Reply Quote
Most folks are thinking that 100 is indeed the next cap, otherwise these looms wouldn't make sense - I doubt Blizz wants us to use these items at endgame now, then level up with them to 95, replace them with raid gear if 95 were the next limit, then swap back to the same looms to go up to 100 once the next expansion came out, effectively using the same weapon for 3 expansions. Just seems pretty unlikely.

But, we'll find out for sure once it's announced, as no official sources have confirmed this yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It means that the heirlooms have a placeholder end point of level 100, which suggests that 100 might be the level cap for the next expansion. It might also suggest that it was an arbitrary end-point that will be adjusted down to the real cap of the expansion.

So yes, the level cap seems like it could be 100, but it is far from guaranteed until they actually announce it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If they want they can patch the heirloom to go to 95.
So no, it isn't concrete evidence that the next cap will be 100.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I liked having 10 levels every expansion. 5 feels strange to and like my character doesn't progress as much expansion to expansion, even if the gear changes wildly.

I hope so.

Plus multiples of 10 are prettier than multiples of 5. ^_^;
Edited by Eliniel on 11/4/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Who the frick cares. The level cap will be announced in 4 days.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Next expansion cap is 91. Woo then 9 more expansions!
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes it will. Still doesn't hurt to ask.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
inc killing Kil' Jaedan in the past gg
Reply Quote
If they want they can patch the heirloom to go to 95.
So no, it isn't concrete evidence that the next cap will be 100.

This is true, but if that were the case, why would they have released them showing the 90-100 scale in the first place? They would have just showed a 90-95 scale, no sense releasing an item if it's incorrectly built. Blizz enjoys juking our speculation but that's money being spent to redesign, I don't see that being a legit tactic.

Still though, nobody's gonna know for sure until it's announced. I'm betting on & hoping for 100 though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I would say that based on the new heirloom weapons that the upcoming expansion will have us leveling from 90 to 100.
Reply Quote
6 Undead Warrior
It's all relative... it will most likely be lvl 91-95 as the previous couple of expansions because the devs don't want it to look even more daunting to beginning players to level up to max.

It doesn't really matter because the scaling of 5 levels over the past few expansions has been equivalent to leveling 10 levels of previous expansions - it's not your character level that matters, it's the ilvl of your gear and how it scales against previous content.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If you go to enemy starter zones the guards are level 95. Does that mean the next level cap is 95? Don't assume anything just because of one little item/etc.

I don't think guard levels were ever going to be considered an indication of what level we were going to be next expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]