Is BM bad now...

90 Orc Hunter
f I could have Hobbit(s) as a pet, I'd totally go BM for life.

Would they make the same sound as gnomes dying? DUD UD!

:D

WTB Leper Gnome pet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
What about the hobbits?

If I could have Hobbit(s) as a pet, I'd totally go BM for life.

Sure. And as a bonus, Blink Strikes and Charge/Dash would have a custom animation of you punting them. =P
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Stop feeding the troll people, it's like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you're a grand master, the pigeon will just crap on the board, knock the pieces over, and strut around acting superior. I've noticed a few things as I've lurked on here, keeping my mouth shut(in a virtual sense) and reading. Eerugan(sorry if I butchered your name, it's on the other page), your "wall of texts" are informative and have done a lot to help people. You've kept your composure(I've been keeping the popcorn ready for when you lose it, but time and time again you keep calm and rational) and have tried to bring data to your discussions. /tar /salute

I don't like BM either and love the playstyle of MM, however I won't play MM in PvE because BM and Survival are both superior at this moment. As a hunter we're supposed to put out the most damage we can while transferring threat and CCing/interrupting. However you can do this effectively is the right way to play. I recognize this and for the good of whatever team/group I'm with have switched to Survival even though it feels clunky to me and if I was forced to, I would go BM. That's part of paying your dues, and paying your dues is what being a hunter is all about
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Marksmanship is the best spec assuming you have the stats to play the Aimed Shot cycle and it's a raw single target encounter such as Iron Juggernaut, Malkorak, Thok, or if you don't have belt duty on Siegecrafter.

Marksmanship's AoE is pathetic and relies on Mastery, a stat that Marks reforges out of in order to maximize single target potential for the Aimed Shot cycle.

Beast Mastery is neck and neck with Survival who are only under Marks in single target potential in the neighborhood of 2% while having significantly better AoE power, and cleaving strength.

Beast is hindered though by random mechanical failings, mainly with pet pathing and travel periods. A fight like Heroic Immerseus for example where you have to AoE down the adds and your pet is stuck all the way across the room phasing in and out of the floor or despawning entirely. Doesn't hinder Survival and Marks as much when it happens but it disappearing right as Kill Command or Bestial Wrath are coming up, or in the middle of Bestial Wrath, can be devastating.

All in all, play whatever spec you want. They're really close this tier
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So MM beasts BM or SV by 2% dps, i was close, just thinking wrong way. and thats at end game, top of the line gear.

fair enough. Thats not blowing BM or SV out of the water, and its within the margin of human error. Meaning, single target, take what you prefer, aoe, BM or SV, your choice.
Edited by Eurugan on 11/5/2013 1:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Thanks guys! haha I WAS indeed talking about PvP BUT your points were still relevant :P

I don't usually tell people how to play or what to play as, and I didn't want to tell him to NOT play BM if it was fine!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Why does every spec conversation turn into a nonproductive pissing contest?

Play what you like. Unless your raid is having issues with enrage timers, it doesn't matter what spec you play as DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Play what you like. Unless your raid is having issues with enrage timers, it doesn't matter what spec you play as DPS.

Because we all drink way to much coffee. Also how dare you tell anyone to play what they like. I tried to play melee hunter once so this is a lie. Not only did people not understand me blizzard even removed my melee abilities and having both weapons on. I mean they ruined my dream of having a chainsaw shotgun combo.
Reply Quote
The only thing I dislike is my DPS drops so bad without a pet. Specifically two instances that were painful while being carried/riding something.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
BM is awesome at burst.
Survival is superior at sustained.

Because we all drink way to much coffee. Also how dare you tell anyone to play what they like. I tried to play melee hunter once so this is a lie. Not only did people not understand me blizzard even removed my melee abilities and having both weapons on. I mean they ruined my dream of having a chainsaw shotgun combo.

DW Pistols.

Also Raptor Strike.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Bowjitsu
DW Pistols.

This I swear every hunter has wanted it sense they start playing a hunter. It was a sole reason GW2 was interesting to me..that and it was shiny but anyway I always saw it as bows and rifles should be like 2h weapons and crossbows and pistols 1h weapons. Then can do it with melee why not ranged dammit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
11/05/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Iterate
MM is not top Single target, BM and SV beat it,

Only if your bad at MM.

My BM hunter will out dps you single target any day of the week! It wouldn't even be close!!
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
11/06/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Iterate
DW Pistols.

This I swear every hunter has wanted it sense they start playing a hunter. It was a sole reason GW2 was interesting to me..that and it was shiny but anyway I always saw it as bows and rifles should be like 2h weapons and crossbows and pistols 1h weapons. Then can do it with melee why not ranged dammit.

DW'ing pistols is not that attractive to me and I would rather stay with a long gun or a bow. That said, not all hunters want or look forward to this change.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/06/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Iterate
DW Pistols.

For looks, like a special 2 handed gun whos model resembles us dual weilding, sure.

actualy dual weilding, thats more development time than Im wanting.

Theyd either have to give us a titans grip mechanic (lowest work), or they would have to add an entire new type of ranged weapon, prob more than one if you want cross bows. THe stats would have to be ballanced to incorperate 2 weapons (like 2 handers and 1 hander swords are). If they made it starting at some new level with the new expansion (again less work), theyd have less dual weild wepons to implement, however DW hunters would have to relearn their class in order to understand how they changed up whatever specs spells (as our damage would have to incorperate both weapons, meaning one spec would be gutted into a DW spec to incorperate both weapons damage). If they pulled the Frost dk card, one will allways be superior to the other in terms of raw damage (DW or two handers), or they will have to make it mandatory DW for one spec, which will mean activly creating a set of weapons for 1 spec of once class (which they already do with assasination rogues, and prot pal lies, but they would have to do even more work, and this would make it harder to gear and raise complaints from all other classes over having even more hunter only weapons on the loot table.)

It would be easier to make the spec attractive and make it easyer to ballance at low levels if they implemented DW at low levels and redesigned all the mechanics around it, but then theyd have to implement DW weapons across dungeon along the entire leveling curve. or they could gimp the DW spec untill the current content zones, a posibility.

All this development time, just to implemt DW with 1 spec, and thats not nessesarily fixing hunter issues. It is reasonable, considering how often the devs put off balancing and fixing the hunter classes issues, that this would eat up their entire development budget for hunters, and that the other 2 specs would basicly get a little touching up with the new expac.

And the ranting from the other classes over the shear development time spent on hunters, and not their classes, imean, other classes already hate hunters, this would make them do so more, as they want their classes to get fixed.

Then there is the whole "which spec gets to DW" argument. MM wants it as they are master marksmen, BM gets pets so most agree not them, but then their is SV arguing that explosives and venom dont realy need to be that accurate, where as for MM, they are meant to be "snipers", master marksman who kill with lethal accuracy. Have you ever tried to aim 2 guns at the saime time with accuracy? It doesnt work, 2 hands on the weapon lead to superior aiming. MM wants it cause they are teh gun spec, SV wants it cause explosives and poison dont need accuracy realy, BM is pet bassed and doesnt have a solid argument.

Now, all this could, can, and in a way, is avoided by:
A) not actualy implemting DW guns and Xbows,
B) implementing a special weapon whose model and animations are of dual wielding 2 weapons, but are realy just a special 2 handed weapon with the same mechanics as any other 2 hander.
C)Making a new class that can use ranged weapons, shares the mail armor pool, posibly uses daggers in a melee spec, and partially justifies making a 4th and 5th weapon type. that would then only be used by 2 classes instead of just 1.

I got no issue with a dual weild version of the arcanite steam pistol, provided its just a 2 hander that has the moddel and animation of dual weilding. I just would rather have development time put toward fixing our mechanics, MM needs some attention, and I would like for the 3 specs to play differently, rather than "use signature(s) on CD, use X when it procs, use X CD on CD, and use focus generator and filler otherwise" for all 3 specs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yar at min they should allow for a minor glyph that reduces the size of ranged weapons and creates the dw animation while just keeping current system. This would not allow for two different looking weapons but would get the ball rolling with out changing hunter gameplay.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

If I could have Hobbit(s) as a pet, I'd totally go BM for life.

Sure. And as a bonus, Blink Strikes and Charge/Dash would have a custom animation of you punting them. =P

Yes!
Yes!
Yes!
No...
No...
No...
Yes!
Peppers!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I was BM from the start of MoP up until last week and switched to Survival to try it out for the first time this expansion. For myself i have always been a Survival and MM fan over BM. I like BM dont get me wrong, i just prefer knowing that most of my damage output comes from me and not my pet.

As for your friend switching when it comes to BM or Surv. Honestly, if he is comfortable with BM and used to it he will probably dish out more damage in BM then Surv. I have read here and there that Surv is better then BM but in reality they are very similar and very close. So either option is a good choice depending on his/her play style.

In BC you HAD to be BM, in Wrath you HAD to be Surv at the start and HAD to be MM at the end, in Cata you HAD to be Surv. Last 3 expansions hunters have had 1 spec above the rest. It looked that way for BM at the start of MoP but start of ToT Surv reared its head and now MM has reared its head in 5.4 (imo not as good as BM or Surv but we're talking mi-nute numbers). All 3 specs are viable and sustainable options if you know how to play them.

Just my 2 cents :)!
Edited by Tólvas on 11/7/2013 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]