Blackwing Lair.

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm having a problem with the first part of blackwing lair due to the fact razorgore dying too fast. Everytime I get close to destroying all of the eggs he dies and the whole room blows up.

Any tips?
Don't do it alone, have ONE person with you for Razorgore.

One to control Razorgore.

One to clear the mobs, (you).
76 Blood Elf Priest
I managed to solo it once following this advice from wowhead

As others have stated, as of patch 5.1 Razorgore is now soloable.

I just finished killing him, and thought I'd post some tips for everyone... since it's still no walk in the park to do so. The most difficult thing is keeping Razorgore alive.

1. Run in, kill the controller, and click on the orb.
2. Run Razorgore around, clicking on your "Destroy Egg" ability while standing atop (or just behind) the eggs on the ground.
3. Keep this up until the adds start spawning. Wait until you have 3-5 adds on Razorgore, then click the "Exit Vehicle" button.
4. As soon as you exit the vehicle, most of the adds that WERE on Razorgore will switch to you (a few might stay on him, but not many). AoE your little heart out atop the platform for a few moments, killing as many as you can before Razorgore gets to you.
5. Once Razorgore gets to you, you can try single targeting a few more adds around him down if you need to, just try not to hit Razorgore. These adds will be on you at this point, so they're no longer much of an issue, since Razorgore takes a lot more damage from them than you will.
6. Click on the orb again, rinse and repeat.

The key to doing this solo is to exit the "vehicle" of Razorgore often. Each time you do, you will reset the aggro of the mobs that WERE on him to you. This helps keep him alive, which is definitely the most difficult part of this encounter.

Edit: I had stated that ALL of the adds switch to you when you exit the vehicle, which doesn't appear to always be true. MOST will, however, and if you have a weak AoE that you can run over to Razorgore and do to get the adds off him (it won't take much) - without hurting Razorgore too much - that may help.

Hopefully this helps others! I've tried out this strat on several characters now, and it works for me 100% of the time (even a "squishy" mage).

But then I got to the second boss and died anyway :( My gears better now but I couldn't be bothered going all the way back through UBRS again.
90 Human Paladin
Razorgore is not hard to solo, just start at blowing eggs at the far side of the room, use the sleep ability if you aggro dragonkin, kill the mobs after the first channel and re-MC right away (just drop a quick AoE around you) and the room will be cleared of eggs before the 2nd channel is done.

BTW, you only need to go once in UBRS to get attuned...
Edited by Berith on 11/7/2013 4:01 AM PST
100 Orc Warrior
They changed the encounter ot be harder to solo when 5.3 went live. The best advice I can give is to dismiss Raz when there are more than ~5 adds on him and kill them (careful Raz CCs like a mother), then kill the adds on you, and re-MC him. Repeat until successfull.

To make the runs better I just take a buddy.

Pro Tip: The trash after the 2nd boss (the dragon with the RP that starts at ~35%), that sits in two rings in the single room (room being downstairs from the smoke-slow room) has a knock back. Drag that trash up to the ramp just before you would enter the smoke, and let them push you up that small wall to the 3rd boss.

Skipping the slowing smoke entirely.
90 Gnome Rogue
Go on Youtube and find some videos. It's very easy to solo and if you look at the videos, you'll notice that you really cannot waste anytime when breaking eggs. For me personally, if I waste more than 5 seconds total, it's gonna be a wipe. You gotta break eggs quickly!

Here's a few tips:

- When you click the orb for the first time to start mind controlling Razorgore, start breaking the nearby eggs where Razor is standing.

- Work your way to the eggs on the top platform where you and the orb are! The reason you do this is because later in the fight you will be overwhelmed by adds and you can't waste time killing them! When the MC timer will run out, quickly put a DnD on the ground on top of your character and maybe even spread your disease dots to all the mobs and QUICKLY click the orb! Do not waste time! Don't worry, as a level 90 DK, your DnD and diseases will kill the adds with them............ BUT if Razorgore is near you, it will also be hit by your DnD and diseases, this is why you must break the eggs near that platform first!

- Also by killing the eggs near the Orb platform, any mobs that spawn will run to your character and not Razorgore! If you time everything correctly, once all the eggs on the Orb Platform side of the room are broken, you can start breaking eggs on the other side of the room, and this is when adds will start aggroing Razorgore and you will have to pick up the pace!

- Before you start breaking eggs on the opposite side of the orb's platform area, make sure you have a full bar of Mind Control. You will have enough time to break all the eggs on the 2nd half of the room with a full MC timer bar.

- Now it's all a matter of rushing to break the last remaining eggs. Don't panic!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime I use this strategy, Razorgore will always end up with about 5% health remaining by the time I break the last egg!

(EDIT) - Oh one last warning. Since Razorgore will be at the opposite side of the room after you break the last egg, he's gonna start attacking and running at a mob that's trying to escape to Vael's room. So once the MC breaks after breaking the last egg, run to Razorgore and taunt him ASAP! If you let him run through the gates in Vael's room, he'll despawn and you gotta start over. :) That's why if possible, try to make it so the last egg you break is furthest away from the gate to Vael's room.
Edited by Musique on 11/7/2013 4:09 AM PST
100 Human Warlock
Kill the three guys at the beginning.

Take control of Razorgore.

Spam Destroy Egg on cooldown. You win!

You can actually hit 2-3 eggs without moving in some places; the rest of the eggs are so close that you have just enough time to spam Destroy Egg on cooldown after moving between them.

If you have a heal like Conversion the healing threat will pull aggro off of Razorgore. I'd suggest using it right before you reapply the mind control the first time.

If you are using Destroy Egg on cooldown you end up with him at like 80-90% health.

ALSO as a warlock, paladin, priest, druid, hunter, etc., you can heal Razorgore using heals and pet heals.
90 Human Paladin
Source on the 5.3 Razorgore buff ? Haven't seen anything about that.
100 Orc Warrior
11/07/2013 04:11 AMPosted by Berith
Source on the 5.3 Razorgore buff ?

It was ninja'd in, I solo'd the fight just fine for all of 5.2 then 5.3 dropped and I tried for 4weeks with no success. I made a ticket and the GM admitted to the add damage being increased and other small changes to the fight that made it harder to solo. The reason was that the content was supposed to be 2-3 manned not solo'd. They over-nerfed the fight and had to dtealth fix it.

e: sry I can't provide anyhting bryond that, but if you look at Ragebuttons-Whisperwind, Viølecne-Ysondre, Angelbuttons-Whisperwind, and Deadbuttons-Whisperwind, you can see that I have been to the instance enough to see the changes. Heck I think I have 5-10 kills on my druid as well, but the point has been made.
Edited by Goraga on 11/7/2013 4:24 AM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
Its not hard at all... at least for me. I just control the orb kill half the eggs in the room and release control then kill all the adds and start killing eggs again

razorgore never goes below 75% for me.. if he does for you you are just letting the adds pile up
100 Orc Warrior
They WANTED those old zones to be soloable and now they went back to make it harder to solo?

They wanted smaller groups to be able to do them, they didn't want pkayers to just be soling the content.

I have also noticed a small upgrade to the AI on the Chess Event from Kara. But I have only done it 3-4 times since ..forever ago solo, so that is anicdotal at best.

razorgore never goes below 75% for me.. if he does for you you are just letting the adds pile up

I tried a few more times and soloing the fight is still DOABLE, its just harder than it used to be. You used to have to release 3 maybe 4 times per fight, now its when more than 4-5 adds get on the boss at a time. Or at least thats what I have expierenced.
100 Dwarf Rogue
11/07/2013 03:53 AMPosted by Miravella
I managed to solo it once following this advice from wowhead

As others have stated, as of patch 5.1 Razorgore is now soloable.

I just finished killing him, and thought I'd post some tips for everyone... since it's still no walk in the park to do so. The most difficult thing is keeping Razorgore alive.

1. Run in, kill the controller, and click on the orb.
2. Run Razorgore around, clicking on your "Destroy Egg" ability while standing atop (or just behind) the eggs on the ground.
3. Keep this up until the adds start spawning. Wait until you have 3-5 adds on Razorgore, then click the "Exit Vehicle" button.
4. As soon as you exit the vehicle, most of the adds that WERE on Razorgore will switch to you (a few might stay on him, but not many). AoE your little heart out atop the platform for a few moments, killing as many as you can before Razorgore gets to you.
5. Once Razorgore gets to you, you can try single targeting a few more adds around him down if you need to, just try not to hit Razorgore. These adds will be on you at this point, so they're no longer much of an issue, since Razorgore takes a lot more damage from them than you will.
6. Click on the orb again, rinse and repeat.

The key to doing this solo is to exit the "vehicle" of Razorgore often. Each time you do, you will reset the aggro of the mobs that WERE on him to you. This helps keep him alive, which is definitely the most difficult part of this encounter.

Edit: I had stated that ALL of the adds switch to you when you exit the vehicle, which doesn't appear to always be true. MOST will, however, and if you have a weak AoE that you can run over to Razorgore and do to get the adds off him (it won't take much) - without hurting Razorgore too much - that may help.

Hopefully this helps others! I've tried out this strat on several characters now, and it works for me 100% of the time (even a "squishy" mage).

But then I got to the second boss and died anyway :( My gears better now but I couldn't be bothered going all the way back through UBRS again.

Helped a ton! Thanks!
100 Pandaren Monk
Use the AI pathing to your advantage as well. When you get 3 - 4 orcs wailing on razorgore, run up the stairs and jump out over the middle. This gives you a pretty decent sized head start to get some more eggs down when things get thick and on occasion they'll peel off him and go to you.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]