RET T16 4p Question! Help!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Which is the ideal talent choice for once one gets T16 4p bonus? Sanctified Wrath or Divine Purpose?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Depends on fight and trinkets. If you have 4pT16 and an Evil Eye of Galakras, SW will be better on predominantly ST fights but DP will be better on AoE/cleave fights. Without Eye, I think DP is supposedly better.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Grognard is right, they're pretty close to even, with SW pulling a little ahead in single target I believe.

You definitely definitely want DP on trash pulls or cleave fights. It's beyond OP. I got over 700k DPS on the trash before Norushen last night with my guild. Last week I did Spoils on flex and pulled over 20% of the entire raids damage.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Single target, using divine purpose it's just awful..... i forgot to change my specs on a few fights last night and it it was a 30-50k difference in dps on those single target fights.

Divine purpose is just awful unless it's an AoE fight.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
>;(
SW single target
DP any cleave fight
Single target, using divine purpose it's just awful..... i forgot to change my specs on a few fights last night and it it was a 30-50k difference in dps on those single target fights.

I use DP for the first half of SoO =\ It's amazing, try it out
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
>;(
SW single target
DP any cleave fight

I use DP for the first half of SoO =\ It's amazing, try it out

Well yeah immersion AoE phase is super padding! 2nd boss reflections the same, now sha that's pure single target, i'm in group 5 we have 5 going down at a time, and it's just a power push in dps so it's single target all the way.

Council i've accidentally had it on, and it's nice in a heck yeah everybodys grouped up time to smash face way, but if poisons/spinning crane kicks get them spread apart i feel like a wet noodle.

Galakras totally, dem adds.

On a completely single target fight though that is either 100% single or has maybe 1-2 cleave chances every min sanctified wrath is just way too good with eye of galakras. Like i mentioned before, doing the rotations well it's a pretty substantial dps loss on pure single target for me. That might be RNG but i'd rather not rely on RNG for a single target fight in the first place.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I guess it depends on what you would call more damage. Pure boss damage being done vs overall damage being done. Take Norushen for example. For this weeks kill, I was 3rd in Damage done to the boss(only 8mil damage behind the monk in first, and 5mil damage behind a warrior) But I was top damage overall to damage done to the small adds, while both the warrior and monk had only a few thousand damage done to them. During the fight, every time an add dies, its amount of health gets taken away from the boss. So if counting my Boss damage=Boss damage+add damage, I destroyed everyone in my raid in damage. This was because I had DP so I was able to DS my heart out

did any of that make any sense? It's 8am and I havent gone to bed yet >.<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
now sha that's pure single target

I have to disagree on you there. being able to cleave both adds and the boss, regardless of corruption levels, is always a plus, I suppose it's just a matter of what you're more comfortable with, and how your raid's dps is, but being able to cleave adds (with damage being reflected back to the boss) AND the boss, seems to be like a pretty useful thing, and DP helps with that.(That's just the advice on of my ret friends gave me)
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Ehh, I'd stick with SW on Sha, but I do trade ES for LH specifically to help with adds and to help heal the raid after the shalings spawn-plosion. Most classes have a reticuled AoE (DnD, Blizzard, Flamestrike, etc.) to drop on the adds and, while they hurt, ST burn on boss is much more important.

Normal-mode mindset speaking here, don't know how much things change into heroic.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I find that the adds dont live nearly long enough on sha to justify LH. The healing isnt too intensive either. I've found SW and ES to be most effective
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Even on the two most AoE-dominant fights (Galakras and Spoils), I still rather enjoy SW over DP because it gives a more reliable source of damage, and is better for single target burns: i.e. more dps on Galakras himself, as well as designated burn targets (demos, shamans, etc), and for Spoils it gets more damage out on the Massive adds, and if they die faster it's an easier time in general.

Just my 2c.

EDIT: Having Eye really really really makes SW something awesome (as was said earlier in this thread).
Edited by Wangbro on 11/8/2013 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm assuming Holy Avenger just isn't good because it no longer lines up with AW when you have eye of galakras?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Quick question.

If I'm specced into DP and I have both a DP proc and the set proc active together, which one do I use first?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Quick question.

If I'm specced into DP and I have both a DP proc and the set proc active together, which one do I use first?
IF its an aoe situation at the time just spam the shark out of divine storm until you have <5hp. if its a single target situation you use tv until you have no more dp proc and then you use the 4 set, excepting of course that the 4 set buff is about to fall off then use that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Quick question.

IF its an aoe situation at the time just spam the shark out of divine storm until you have <5hp. if its a single target situation you use tv until you have no more dp proc and then you use the 4 set, excepting of course that the 4 set buff is about to fall off then use that.

Wrong. A 4set DS hits very slightly harder than a TV, so use it first.

4set DS is 100% wdmg * 1.5 (set bonus) * 1.3 (inq) = 195% wdmg.
TV is 275% wdmg * 0.68 (armor post sunder) = 187% wdmg.
Edited by Balhale on 11/9/2013 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I guess it depends on what you would call more damage. Pure boss damage being done vs overall damage being done. Take Norushen for example. For this weeks kill, I was 3rd in Damage done to the boss(only 8mil damage behind the monk in first, and 5mil damage behind a warrior) But I was top damage overall to damage done to the small adds, while both the warrior and monk had only a few thousand damage done to them. During the fight, every time an add dies, its amount of health gets taken away from the boss. So if counting my Boss damage=Boss damage+add damage, I destroyed everyone in my raid in damage. This was because I had DP so I was able to DS my heart out

did any of that make any sense? It's 8am and I havent gone to bed yet >.<

I totally understand you :D
WoL
#26 Zaturn Norushen 25H 368366
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/07/2013 08:31 AMPosted by Auriel
now sha that's pure single target

I have to disagree on you there. being able to cleave both adds and the boss, regardless of corruption levels, is always a plus, I suppose it's just a matter of what you're more comfortable with, and how your raid's dps is, but being able to cleave adds (with damage being reflected back to the boss) AND the boss, seems to be like a pretty useful thing, and DP helps with that.(That's just the advice on of my ret friends gave me)

True

About 2 weeks ago, our RL opt to go with the cleave in middle strat for Heroic Sha adds. This included the pac-man people who were in the other realm add/kill targets.

This allow me to easily cleave with DP, I ended the fight with close to 400k.
( I was running a higher crit build and my cleave trinket did 9% of my total damage rofl!)

#57 Zaturn Sha of Pride 25H 392394
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Quick question.

If both your DP proc and your 4pc proc are up, when you hit DS it will always prioritize your 4pc proc leaving your DP proc in tact. So that really won't leave you with a choice as to which you consume first.

If, however, your question pertains to which should you use first on a single target fight, then TV to consume DP proc then DS to consume 4pc proc provided that doing both won't trigger another proc from either of the two sources.

Hope that helps! :D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If, however, your question pertains to which should you use first on a single target fight, then TV to consume DP proc then DS to consume 4pc proc provided that doing both won't trigger another proc from either of the two sources.

Always use free DS over DP unless DP is >2 seconds duration. not using DP at all is always a waste
Edited by Majintherm on 11/12/2013 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

It's not that it's awful, it's just that it's streakier. You really can't judge it by one single fight. The next fight, it could have proc'ed significantly more and your dps would have been higher. It's just that is the exact problem with DP, RNG can either feed you or starve you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]