Ret Pally PVP - It Gets Better

90 Blood Elf Paladin
And better and better and better.

It's been said, by people far smarter than me, that Paladins are very gear dependent. And it's true. Playing BGs at 90 for the first time was like being level 10 all over again and being cannon fodder for everyone with heirloom weapons. And arenas? OUCH.

But then you piece together your first set of Tyrannical gear and you start to feel a little better about yourself. Not a world beater yet ... but competitive, and certainly able to contribute.

But once you get those first few pieces of Grievous gear, everything changes. I've earned 4 pieces of armor so far, and my weapon, and wow ... I feel damn near invincible. Open world I'm almost never beat one on one. And BGs ... I can often beat out the hunters, destro locks, frost DKs and and frost mages for tops of the pops. And arenas become winnable.

So if you're struggling with your ret pally (or any pally) early on ... just wait until you get your gear. It gets really REALLY fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Total nonsense. Just wait till your opponents get theirs and Warriors are globalling you and doing 3-4 times your damages. And you're hitting for 12K strikes that are meaningless. Or Warlocks that have almost twice as much health. And every other class that has more CC than you. By the time you get full Grevious you will understand the pain that is ret pally
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Total nonsense. Just wait till your opponents get theirs and Warriors are globalling you and doing 3-4 times your damages. And you're hitting for 12K strikes that are meaningless. Or Warlocks that have almost twice as much health. And every other class that has more CC than you. By the time you get full Grevious you will understand the pain that is ret pally

Haters gonna hate.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
Haters gonna hate.

Truthers gonna truth.

But seriously, I'm going to believe the guy in almost full Grievous with a higher rating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/12/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Wärangel

Haters gonna hate.
You say haters. I say your giving your opinion as someone that has not faced a full Grievious opponent. You don't know what you are talking about, but you will find out the horror of running into that full Griev warrior on the road at AB. So, until you do keep your mouth quiet
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
keep your mouth quiet

The entire Paladin forum wishes you would.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/12/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/12/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
keep your mouth quiet

The entire Paladin forum wishes you would.
Since you never pVP I doubt you will ever come across a warrior in any RBG. So, you probably aren't qualified to comment
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Air
Love how the OP was enjoying ret pvp only to be derailed by Agincourt's daily qq. Lovely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Love how the OP was enjoying ret pvp only to be derailed by Agincourt's daily qq. Lovely.
Another pVE type that doesn't know what she is talking about
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Air
11/12/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Agincourt
Another pVE type that doesn't know what she is talking about

Calm down tough guy. Keep complaining about duels and RBGs even though a large majority of the population know they're imbalanced. Also I like your unenchanted gloves brah, you've only had them for a week.

11/12/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Varyanna
Haters gonna hate.

Truthers gonna truth.

But seriously, I'm going to believe the guy in almost full Grievous with a higher rating.

Keep qqing at other class forum for nerfs please. Still loling at your thread at the warlock forum.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yea i agree with the OP, i have been doing 2's with a bm hunter. As soon as i upgrade the weapon and a few 522 pieces i noticed my survivability has gone up and so has the damage. Also Agin, im Pvp and pve ;) so i know what im talking about budd. considering i started arena what lets say sunday, its not hard to beat a warrior bop there bladestorm and you good from there
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
My ret still gets focused and explodes easily.

ret are glass cannons. dont get me wrong the damage is great once you get the gear. But survivability is still horrible
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
My ret still gets focused and explodes easily.

ret are glass cannons. dont get me wrong the damage is great once you get the gear. But survivability is still horrible

yea thats True but thats why you go with a other high burst class, pop everything you can to stay alive, CC the targets as well use your, Also i find that if your just against melee ie. warrior,warrior better off bopping your self during bladestorm.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Varyanna
Haters gonna hate.

Truthers gonna truth.

You must be new around here. That's Agincourt. No matter how well or poorly the Retribution spec is, Agincourt is always here talking about how garbage the specialization is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/12/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Roahin

Truthers gonna truth.

You must be new around here. That's Agincourt. No matter how well or poorly the Retribution spec is, Agincourt is always here talking about how garbage the specialization is.
When has Ret been good? 5 years ago? LOL

Ret is the worst spec in the game and totally unwanted in RBGs. Yeah, we can beat up on alts with 350k HP but matched against an equally geared and skilled opponent we are roadkill
Reply Quote
When has Ret been good? 5 years ago? LOL

Ret is the worst spec in the game and totally unwanted in RBGs. Yeah, we can beat up on alts with 350k HP but matched against an equally geared and skilled opponent we are roadkill

It's actually almost comforting that no matter what else in life might change, you'll always be here complaining about a class that everyone else wishes you'd just reroll out of. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]