Ret Pally PVP - It Gets Better

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it normal that I crit Templar Verdicts for around 50k in PVP? Isn't that rather low for a finisher crit? (even considering that I'm geared towards Haste)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Without pvp power you won't really hurt people no matter what your ilvl is. My pally can't even dent most players in pvp gear before she gets mauled. PvP power matters a great deal.

Ret isn't garbage, though - it's got strong support, good burst on demand, and while you're going to get tunneled a lot, it's because they have to kill you first to stand a chance at winning in team play. It's kind of a bummer for you as a player, but it does mean that everyone else around you is that much more effective because they aren't being trained as hard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/12/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Varyanna
Haters gonna hate.

Truthers gonna truth.

But seriously, I'm going to believe the guy in almost full Grievous with a higher rating.

You should believe the rankings of the top PVP players in the game. interesting thing ... they're not dominated by a single class. If what Mr. Almost Full Grievous was saying was true, those rankings would be all warriors and warlocks. Not at all the case.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On behalf of the Paladin forums, Agincourt shut the !@#$ up.

Just about every message board I've ever been a part of has one of those. You know the type ... lives to criticize, seems to hate life and uses his (her) anonymity to try and make people as miserable as he (she) is.

Trust me, little Mr. Fussy Pants isn't going to damper my enthusiasm for my ret pally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hmmmmmm……so half the posters in this thread agree with me. Maybe you aren't speaking for the Paladin forum
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/13/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Agincourt
Hmmmmmm……so half the posters in this thread agree with me. Maybe you aren't speaking for the Paladin forum

They all agree that all you do is !@#$% and moan, seriously it's getting beyond old. Re-roll something that's not so "bad" that you can comprehend how to play and get over it.
Edited by Krellic on 11/13/2013 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

They all agree that all you do is !@#$% and moan, seriously it's getting beyond old. Re-roll something that's not so "bad" that you can comprehend how to play and get over it.
Im hoping you reroll so you will stop defending nonsense and what's contrary to what every PVP player alreadys knows about ret

And ayou are another with zero RBG experience that doesn't understand why ret isn't viable
Edited by Agincourt on 11/13/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Im hoping you reroll so you will stop defending nonsense and what's contrary to what every PVP player alreadys knows about ret

And ayou are another with zero RBG experience that doesn't understand why ret isn't viable

First of all I'm running a RBG title so saying I don't have any RBG experience shows you didn't even take the time to read my armory. Not highly rated however I do have RBG experience and have PvP'ed on this toon for a long damn time.

Ret has always been in a weird place, you seem to think we are supposed to run in like a DK or Warrior and roflstomp everything, we have to adjust to play more of a support role hence our ability to offheal and support our team.

Ret isn't perfect, but we fill our role that we are supposed to play. Do I like that we don't hit as hard as some other classes ? no, but given the fact that we have been this way for a while you have to adapt to a support role. It seems like you're the one who has no god damn idea what to do and are under the impression we're something we're not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Air
11/13/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Agincourt

If half you mean the lvl 86 mage that's trolling then yes... "half".

Krellic, stop it he's baiting you. ITS A TRAP!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Haha I'm well aware he is, I just find his comebacks humorous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

First of all I'm running a RBG title so saying I don't have any RBG experience shows you didn't even take the time to read my armory. Not highly rated however I do have RBG experience and have PvP'ed on this toon for a long damn time.

Ret has always been in a weird place, you seem to think we are supposed to run in like a DK or Warrior and roflstomp everything, we have to adjust to play more of a support role hence our ability to offheal and support our team.

Ret isn't perfect, but we fill our role that we are supposed to play. Do I like that we don't hit as hard as some other classes ? no, but given the fact that we have been this way for a while you have to adapt to a support role. It seems like you're the one who has no god damn idea what to do and are under the impression we're something we're not.
I have always said that Rets shouldn't hit like a Warrior or DK, so that's no secret.

What is alarming is the gap between Rets and other classes. Warriors used to hit for 15-20% more than Rets, now it's 100-400% more. I'm in BGs and RBGs where warriors have 4 times my damage. On top of that they have endless CC and gap closers. Not possible to out heal their damage when they are healing with second wind for more damage than I can deal. DKs have more damage and utility and are wanted in RBGs. And this doesn't even include the benefits of caster classes over Ret. Our off heals are useless and the typical melee class wipes those out in a single global

You can keep pretending that Rets are uber valuable and it's just a few misguided RBG leaders that don't realize value. But that isn't true. Rets bring nothing that can't be found better in other classes.

The faithful here keep hoping Blizz will fix the imbalance, but I have heard that forever and the gap is getting wider, not narrower
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote][quote]

You can keep pretending that Rets are uber valuable and it's just a few misguided RBG leaders that don't realize value. But that isn't true. Rets bring nothing that can't be found better in other classes.

Rets bring PLENTY if you play them right.

The class was meant to be something of a Swiss Army Knife. It's not about doing any ONE thing better than other classes ... it's combining them all to score the win. It's like a dance. Warriors don't crush me. Neither do warlocks.

If you're continually obsessed with what other classes do better, you're missing the point. But judging from your posts, and the opinions about you here, that seems to be something that happens with some frequency.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

MY SIDES
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]