lvl 100 talents.

100 Troll Shaman
So the new talents sound pretty sweet. I like the sound of them. They all have a different functionality so thats cool.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1385037-6-0-Mage-Information-Speculation-and-Discussion/page4
Edited by Taluun on 11/8/2013 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I've always wanted a Meteor spell, and that comet spell sounds awesome! The arcane version needs a rework, as it sounds way too similar to frozen orb. Maybe summoning an arcane missile battery at the location that shoots arcane barrages and missiles at nearby enemies, since arcane is kinda a turret spec.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Yeah the falling star one is the most boring as the frost one sounds a lot like blizzard to me as well. But i like meteor and the other two.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This is a little off topic, but I wish they would revamp the frost nova effect to:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/november/bconHOTSOV015.jpg

NOW THAT IS A SEXY FROST NOVA!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Word will be had later. Lhiv. You'd best be ready for words.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
That Focusing Crystal seems a bit hard to get used to, but I'm loving the potential in my head...

Comet's probably my favorite, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm trying not to get too excited. It just sets me up for disappointment.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Don't know if I could get used to Focusing Crystal either. 10 seconds of prep time for a 6-second Dot looks unwieldy, but I'm going straight for Falling Stars anyway. The fire version looks a smidge too long but eh, it's not like they're at the balancing phase anyway. Meteor was my favorite spell in Diablo 3.

And before anyone brings up the elephant in the room, I'd wait until the beta before fretting that the level 90 talents are still there. For all we know, they could have just taken the live talent window and left it as-is since everyone else is just going to want to look at the new bottom row anyway. No reason to edit older stuff since the point of the clip is to show off the level 100 abilities.
Edited by Sarm on 11/8/2013 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why do i hate them all but arcane orb...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Kindling looks amazing. The only one i'd really consider.
Reply Quote
Hate them all. I'd just take Prolonged Exposure so I could ignore the tier (i.e. Incanter's Ward Part II)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
You guys are just never happy are you...
Reply Quote

After the garbage the class has been put through this expansion, Blizzard is going to have to do a -lot- better than two gimmick talents and its cop out alternative.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
11/08/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Dawnstríke

After the garbage the class has been put through this expansion, Blizzard is going to have to do a -lot- better than two gimmick talents and its cop out alternative.

So the answer to that is yes?

ok thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I don't HATE the Focusing Crystal talent. It does sound pretty neat; I'm just positive that I'd suck at using it well, and...well, an adjacent talent is mother!@#$ing meteors.

I probably won't even give Prolonged Exposure a try unless I get really bored. Not that I don't think it'll be effective. It just doesn't sing out as being interesting. I already never liked the idea of Alter Time being used the same way and it's just more of that from a different angle. Then again I'm not even a raider so whatever.

Besides, meteors. In D3, there was a special joy to be had in using the glyphed version it to make 7 meteors crash into the ground over a 1.5 second time frame, and then having enough casting speed to use that spell about 3.5 times per second because your equipment had enough critical strike chance and resource return for what amounted to infinite mana, and each meteor causing your screen to violently shake up and down faster than a hooker trying to fill a quota. I may not be getting THAT at level 100, but it sure as hell looks more fun than "your arcane power and combustion might last about 6-8 seconds longer"! :p

Also, Arcane Orb reads a lot like what I originally wanted Flame Orb to be like back when Cata stuff was first being leaked. Fast cooldown, swish it through enemies, light up fun procs. I want to play with that talent -now-.
Edited by Sarm on 11/8/2013 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
People are going to balk at Focusing Crystal, no matter how the numbers work out. That's just going to be a mechanic that's really hard to use well. Especially if you're relying on a tank to make sure the targets are near the crystal for a full 16 seconds after you place it. Neat concept, but I think they're going to have a lot of trouble making it work.

Prolonged Exposure might be interesting if Icy Veins itself is revamped.

Falling Stars is the most interesting to me, but Mages kind of feel like we have a glut of AOE abilities already. Maybe if they're pruning some others out it'll fit better.

It's important to bear in mind that whatever these "bonuses" we get as we level from 90 to 100 turn out to be, they could have a significant impact on the value of the talents. As could the addition of a new "cleave" stat.

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
– George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
See to me they sound cool thematically. And I think it would be fun to spawn a crystal and then burn it to do a lot of damage. That to me sounds like a fun mechanic. Its a change of pace from the normal game so I welcome it entirely.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
It's creative and interesting, but that only takes you so far if three out of four crystals you drop wind up unable to damage any targets because the tank had to move the mobs away for some reason.

They can actually make it work, then sure, it could be very cool. I just think it's going to be very difficult to make it work.

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”
– George Bernard Shaw
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Food for thought about Focusing Crystal. If you're fighting a boss that has any sort of trackable immunity phase, this effectively lets you resume attacking him up to 9ish seconds before the rest of your raid by charging it up so it begins to go off shortly after he becomes attackable again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
When I saw the new Mage talents, I was pretty excited.

Then I saw the new Druid talents, and started weeping inside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]