Warlords of Dreanor... no new races?

Warlords of Dreanor... are the really planning on NOT adding any new races? If they do, what do you think they are going to add?
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
They're not adding any race, yeah. If they were, it would've been one of hte main announcements.

They're working on the race model revamp instead.
Edited by Cirno on 11/13/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
They aren't. Besides, we're essentially getting 10 "new" races with all the character models being revamped.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Um. Updated character models? The amount of work that had to go into revamping all of the original races is, as I'm sure you're aware, quite substantial. Consider it this way, the game is getting 8 new races.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They're practically adding 8 new races with the remodels, with 4 more on the way afterwards.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
This isn't the first expansion we didn't get a new race.

Also, for mists we got a new race and class (usually its one or the other)

This time we are getting neither, HOWEVER, we are getting the model updates for all vanilla as BC races. That takes way more development time then a single race does.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Consider the new races the updated character models.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If they do, what do you think they are going to add?

fungal whale hero race
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Rather see them add more content over fluff like new races, I want crap to do at level 100, not standing around afk in whatever the new hub is like 90% of MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Many people wanted model revamps over new races. Besides we just got Monks and Pandaren. It's time for a little "security and stability" in that regard. Give more time for people get used to what they've got and such. No change in the "talent tree" method either for the same reason. Personally I find it a nice change. It lets us concentrate more on other things besides leveing and learning an entire new race/class/spec, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Balance what we have first.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Rather see them add more content over fluff like new races, I want crap to do at level 100, not standing around afk in whatever the new hub is like 90% of MoP.

Things that you haven't seem to done that I recommend you try!

Challenge mode dungeons (9/9 gold time)
Brawlers Guild (get your brawler title through solo skill :D)
Pet battles (surprisingly deep combat system once you get your team to 25)
Timeless Isle / Isle of thunder rare hunting / achievement hunting / world pvp craziness

There is much more to do in mists outside of raiding. I personally can't recommend challenge modes enough. Most satisfying content I've healed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They aren't. Besides, we're essentially getting 10 "new" races with all the character models being revamped.

Just because someone is restoring the car does not make it new car. It just has a new paint job and shiny interior. I had to say that because they not new. They are revamping at best. Who really cares you wear amour never going to see the except for maybe face. That being said there is too many races as it is now is a better argument if abet weak.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They're practically adding 8 new races with the remodels, with 4 more on the way afterwards.

Ok what do we get with there new races. What kind of race combos coming if they are new?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ok what do we get with there new races. What kind of race combos coming if they are new?

None?

Seriously, the only race that's hurting for a class is Gnomes. Give them Shaman or Paladin or Hunter, and then never mess with race/class combos again.

Visual updates for the Classic/BC races have been one of the most requested features. We're getting them, and they look great. We don't get new classes or races every expansion, and we only got new class combos once.
Edited by Taelen on 11/13/2013 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Im kinda dissapointed, if I was in charge of blizzard entertainment, I would add a dozen races...

Naga -- Neutral
Saurok -- Neutral
Ethereal -- Neutral or alliance
Jinyu -- alliance
Arakkoa -- horde or neutral
Vry'kul -- horde or alliance

...that was not a dozen, but I can think of more...
Edited by Dormane on 11/13/2013 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only two that would have made sense (to me) would have been Ogre and Arakkoa.

That being said, I'm much happier they are redoing the character models.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Im kinda dissapointed, if I was in charge of blizzard entertainment, I would add a dozen races...

Naga -- Neutral
Saurok -- Neutral
Ethereal -- Neutral or alliance
Jinyu -- alliance
Vry'kul -- horde or alliance

...that was not a dozen, but I can think of more...

This is just me, but I think quality>quantity. I would rather have a few races per faction that Blizzard can tell a compelling story about than have WoW turn into the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Though if I'd been in charge of MoP, I'd have structured a major storyline around a war between the Saurok and Pandaren, with the Saurok joining the Horde and Pandaren joining the Alliance, but that's just me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Things
World of Warcraft: 8 races at launch.
The Burning Crusade: Added Draenei & Blood Elves, granted access to Alliance Shamans & Horde Paladins.
Wrath of the Lich King: No new races, added Death Knights as a new class.
Cataclysm: Added Goblins & Worgen, expanded race/class combinations.
Mists of Pandaria: Added Pandaren for both Horde & Alliance. Added Monk class.
Warlords of Draenor(PROJECTED): No new classes or races. Complete rebuild from the ground up of all races using new methods, significantly increasing detail, look, & feel. Note that the previews shown at Blizzcon are very very likely incomplete.

Blizzard employees have stated in the past that they are leery of adding new races & classes because they are difficult to balance. Adding a new class means that everything else has to be readjusted and retuned. This process requires a very large amount of man-hours and work, and it usually takes away from other things they could be doing with the expansion. In this case, they ONLY need a graphics team on it, so they can devote the rest of the workforce that would be assigned to race/class configuration to working on actual content.

Don't get too shocked if you don't see any new races or classes in the next few expansions.
Edited by Shalindriel on 11/13/2013 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Do we really need more races at this point?

Not to say I don't want them (Naga 4evr) but I think we have enough for now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]