Inquisition sorta ... sucks.

90 Dwarf Paladin
Hi. New paladin player here. I've always had good things to say about the retribution rotation and skills but I'm hating inquisition.

On one hand its a sweet combat-dps buff. But its such a MEGA pain in the !@# to keep up, to use at the right time, etc. It's the big debbie downer to the ret. rotation IMO. Too early a DPS loss. Too late a DPS loss. Doe it right and you're still out 3HP. Very clunky and not well integrated.

I am new, maybe there is something I'm missing here?

How do you more experienced ret players manage it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/10/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Mordain
Too early a DPS loss.
uh.......what? There's no such thing as "too early" for putting it up, you want it up at all times, no exception. Unless TV/DS is going to end the fight right then and there, then put Inq up. And even then you may want to put Inq up anyways to carry it over into your next fight.
Reply Quote
94 Human Warrior
well the point is to get used to inquis and maintain it like a normal buff. but I suggest you run glyph of inquis
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
because the extra 30seconds and a glyph that makes it 100% uptime while killing things wasnt enough

Maybe you should try warrior
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Inquisition while leveling is about momentum, you should be able to kill and move on to a new mob in less than 30 seconds. If you can't, then you'll have trouble keeping it up. In instances try and ninja killing blows.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
My Dobbs, there's no face palm powerful enough...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
because the extra 30seconds and a glyph that makes it 100% uptime while killing things wasnt enough

Maybe you should try warrior

Hahaha .... I'm shelving my warrior (Obmi on ED) and looking for a new main. Its between my paladin and my dk.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/10/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Pancakê
Too early a DPS loss.

uh.......what? There's no such thing as "too early" for putting it up, you want it up at all times, no exception. Unless TV/DS is going to end the fight right then and there, then put Inq up. And even then you may want to put Inq up anyways to carry it over into your next fight.

There obviously is such a thing as "too early", but that doesn't really matter for leveling. I think the point that the OP's trying to make isn't that it's too difficult to keep Inq up, but that it isn't fun or interesting. If I recall correctly, damn near every Retadin (myself included) agreed with that sentiment just before and just after Cata launched, but then everyone just got used to it. I'm not getting why some of you are reacting so caustically.

@Mordain

Yes, you do get used to keeping Inq up efficiently, but you can also get addons like Power Auras or CLCRet to tell you when buffs need to be refreshed and buttons need to be pressed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Maybe the word I meant to use was "irritating" rather than "suck"? .. I mean the inquisition buff is priceless, its just the mechanics that makes it probably the most difficult ability to manage for new paladins.

But thanks all for the advice.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I could get all grandpa on ya and tell how it used to be back in Cata where we had 1 Holy Power generator, Crusader Strike, and Inquisition only lasted 30 seconds. It used to take about 10 seconds to even get 3 HoPo to start Inquisition, then if you were lucky you could get two TVs in before having to refresh Inquisition.

Now it lasts 1 min and on add fights, with a glyph, you might not have to refresh for a good 2 min. And talk about generators, man just about everything we hit with generates HoPo now. You have it good these days. If you are having trouble tracking it, get a timer.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
looking for a new main. Its between my paladin and my dk.

If Inq irritates you, go DK.

11/10/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Woa
I could get all grandpa on ya and tell how it used to be back in Cata where we had 1 Holy Power generator, Crusader Strike, and Inquisition only lasted 30 seconds.

Don't make me go great grandpa on you and tell you how it used to be when Judging ate your active Seal. :p
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
DKs are just as bad because then you have to watch diseases!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Inquisition only sucks if you don't have anything to track it with.

Get CLCRet or a similar addon to track it.

If you already have one and you're still complaining well then Ret isn't for you. They've already dumbed down Inquisition enough.

probably the most difficult ability to manage for new paladins.

Yeah, it really should be a thing as soon as you have CS and Judgement, not something you get once you're already mostly leveled like now.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/10/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
DKs are just as bad because then you have to watch diseases!

Pfft. Diseases actually do damage so they're not neglected or considered irritating.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I think with more practice, they glyph (which I added) and an addon I should be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I could get all grandpa on ya and tell how it used to be back in Cata where we had 1 Holy Power generator, Crusader Strike, and Inquisition only lasted 30 seconds.

Don't make me go great grandpa on you and tell you how it used to be when Judging ate your active Seal. :p

Or when you could "accidentally" kill yourself with your seal of blood/martyr
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Just keep practicing, you need more experience.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

The good old days of seal twisting Blood and SoCom, really miss the windfury procs :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
... It was easy at 30 seconds for 3HP, it's ridiculous at the one minute threshold it's at now.

If you're really having trouble with it, just use a PowerAura.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I would have been happy with a 33s duration, just so that it lasted longer than SW's burst window. That would have been a nice QoL improvement, particularly on top of the revised glyph; doubling it to a minute was just stupid overkill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]