Soloing raids

100 Human Paladin
People keep talking about this, and it's made me curious... What levels would fit for each expansion?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I can solo normal 10 man Firelands, To4W, 25H lich king (do rest of it on 10 man normal) on my druid. Havent tried Dragon soul or Ulduar yet.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I can solo normal 10 man Firelands, To4W, 25H lich king (do rest of it on 10 man normal) on my druid. Havent tried Dragon soul or Ulduar yet.

Thank you
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've solo'd quite a lot on this account. Get in there and start trying stuff :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Please note that trying to solo Majordomo Staghelm and Conclave of Winds without some really good gear is a pain in the !@#.

Also try looking up some videos on youtube of people soloing stuff.
Edited by Farora on 11/12/2013 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
On this warrior I can do most of 25 naxx (screw you zombie-dog), ICC (cept the green drake for obv reasons), all of TBC, all of classic, and I havn't tried cata raids yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
It depends on your gear level, and skill with defensive CDs, and generally knowing how to keep yourself alive.

Some elite players (decked out in heroic TOT/SoO gear) can do current expansion content (MSV/HOF/ToES). But for most 90s, doing late Cata content is the way to go. I am ilvl 555 and can solo Dragon Soul 10m. Others have been able to do it with lower ilvls of course.

As long as you have the DPS to down some of these bosses before the enrage timer, you should be ok. But soloing does take a toll on your pocketbook. I remember making a number of attempts on Malygos back in early Cata before finally getting him down. With repairs, flasks, pots, and food. It got expensive.

I will tell you that at your current item level, those Cata raids I spoke about will be a challenge for you. So do not take on too much at once, as they get a bit overwhelming.

I'd say dip your feet in ICC 25m to get a feel for soloing. You can always swap it back to 10m if it gets too crazy, then if you can clear that, move on to Cata content.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
One caveat to ICC is you do need a friend for gunship and dreamwalker.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Question. How much trouble do you have with Baleroc? Is it really just sheer dumb luck? I think I'm just really unlucky, but I had some pretty crappy gear last time I tried.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Gunship is soloable in normal 10 man, as is the green dragon if you can heal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/12/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Carock

Question. How much trouble do you have with Baleroc? Is it really just sheer dumb luck? I think I'm just really unlucky, but I had some pretty crappy gear last time I tried.

Pop savage defense on decimation blade and pray. Legendary tank cloak helps a bit.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/12/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Farora

Gunship is soloable in normal 10 man, as is the green dragon if you can heal.

Yep.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
One caveat to ICC is you do need a friend for gunship and dreamwalker

As a DK he needs a buddy for dreamwalker, but if you know when to hop and how to move you can solo gunship easy enough. All it takes is hoping over, killing the mage, and getting back asap.
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Death Knight
All of Vanilla-WOTLK normal to H25 is soloable. All of cataclysm is soloable + some heroic. Some of T14 is soloable too.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I have done every raid on my profile up to VoA solo. (haven't even been in to VoA yet... lol)

Also ToGC, ICC (can't do the dragon...), and most of ulduar (even a few 25 hard modes). The other WotLK were cake as well. Yes, even 25 man nax. Those 25 man achievements I have from nax were solo.

Once I get like 560-565 ilvl and hopefully a normal mode weapon I am going to start on cata.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]