Warlords of Garrisons

70 Human Priest
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

Why did you scrap the Burning Legion despite all of the chatter about their return?

Why did BlizzCon offer so little about actual content and instead focus mainly on Garrisons?

I gotta say, I am not really all that thrilled about another filler expansion that is more or less just a huge patch with new features.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/11/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Angelatore
I gotta say, I am not really all that thrilled about another filler expansion that is more or less just a huge patch with new features.

This is every single expansion ever... lol.

I do see your point though, where did Wrathion go? But quite honestly I assume they are setting that up for the expansion after. WoD opens up the possibility of interaction with demons/dark magic, etc, so I'd guess that as a result of WoD story-line, perhaps the burning legion makes an appearance at the end to set us up for the next expansion?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

TBC and WOTLK were not fillers....they more or less allowed you to explore what happened to those characters from WC3.

Cata and pandaland were fillers. (Although overall I was happy with pandaria except for the massive focus on dailies & the massive farming on the isles which I hardly did any of)
Edited by Undeadburger on 11/11/2013 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

Why did you scrap the Burning Legion despite all of the chatter about their return?

Why did BlizzCon offer so little about actual content and instead focus mainly on Garrisons?

For starters Wrathion never said the threat of the legion or whatever was an imminent one. He even mentioned that had Varian dismantle the Horde, with another few years of fighting, the alliance would've taken Thunderbluff, and that next time he will leave nothing to chance.

All of these indicate that there is still time before the 'Legion Invasion'.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

For starters Wrathion never said the threat of the legion or whatever was an imminent one. He even mentioned that had Varian dismantle the Horde, with another few years of fighting, the alliance would've taken Thunderbluff, and that next time he will leave nothing to chance.

All of these indicate that there is still time before the 'Legion Invasion'.

My friend who attended Blizzcon told me Blizzard made mention of several expansions planned. I imagine this idea is for a later time. We just had an expansion full of Pandas, Sha, and Wrathion (I very much liked Pandaria despite a lot of people saying they hate it, Lich King is also my favorite part of questing, but that's me) -- I think we got Wrathion "on cooldown" as it were until after this next expansion. But I bet he'll be back. No doubt using Anduin as his tool, possibly Garrosh too if he survives this next xpac. I sense their plans for Garrosh are still yet extensive.

Looks like we have to clean up this mess Garrosh makes of things again before we can have our big Burning Legion invasion. It may be events from this next xpac will set things in motion, who knows.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Who says they scrapped it? The burning legion became a thing we have to deal with because of the events that took place on Draenor. So it is still possible we will have to deal with that at some point in this expansion. They said at blizzcon that Ner'zhul was doing his whole mind link thing with whats his name demon dude at the point in time we are going to. Just because they didn't come right out and say burning legion everywhere all the time doesn't mean we won't see them or deal with them.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Wrathion. Keep in mind (not saying this is related to Wrathion btw) that the story bits you've seen are just one part of the expansion's story. There will be plenty more that you'll get to experience. You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes among many others.

There's a ton of new content as well. Garrisons is a new piece of content, as is the new PvP zone, Trial of the Gladiator is completely new and there are a ton of quality of life improvements. Not to mention all of the new (completely new from the ground up) zones, creatures, quests, story lines and much much more.

This next expansion is definitely not filler. It always makes me a bit sad when I see people who say things like this, but we'll do our best to help you see the light with more information releases as we go along.
Reply Quote
The one thing I want more than anything else is for Magni to be released from his curse. If it's possible, I don't know. I want the king back.
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes among many others.

You see, this is something that is actually quite intriguing. I don't think BlizzCon did a very good job of exploring all of that. As I alluded to, there was a lot of talk about Garrisons--probably because the forums have been discussing that topic at length since 2005.

11/11/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Nethaera
Not to mention all of the new (completely new from the ground up) zones, creatures, quests, story lines and much much more.

This is part-and-parcel of a new expansion and certainly would expect nothing less. I've always found the expansions offer tons of new zones, quests, etc. The critique here is that the tone of the game seemed to be shifting in a very obvious direction, but it seems like it was scrapped last-second for Warlords. Based on the presentation--what are the raids, who are the bosses, what is the lore, what story does the cinematic tell--it almost seems like you were not prepared to reveal a new expansion at BlizzCon.

P.S. - I don't mean to make you sad. As you know, the game has a pretty passionate following.
Edited by Angelatore on 11/11/2013 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
The one thing I want more than anything else is for Magni to be released from his curse. If it's possible, I don't know. I want the king back.

I want some all out civil war story and content! Let's see who gets evicted from Ironforge:)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/11/2013 07:59 AMPosted by Angelatore
You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes among many others.

You see, this is something that is actually quite intriguing. I don't think BlizzCon did a very good job of exploring all of that. As I alluded to, there was a lot of talk about Garrisons--probably because the forums have been discussing that topic at length since 2005.

Not to mention all of the new (completely new from the ground up) zones, creatures, quests, story lines and much much more.

This is part-and-parcel of a new expansion and certainly would expect nothing less. I've always found the expansions offer tons of new zones, quest, etc. The critique here is that the tone of the game seemed to be shifting in a very obvious direction, but it seems like it was scrapped last-second for Warlords. Based on the presentation--what are the raids, who are the bosses, what is the lore, what story does the cinematic tell--it almost seems like you were not prepared to reveal a new expansion at BlizzCon.

The cinematic doesn't really tell any story it just says hey wow cool new stuff!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Wrathion. Keep in mind (not saying this is related to Wrathion btw) that the story bits you've seen are just one part of the expansion's story. There will be plenty more that you'll get to experience. You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes among many others.

There's a ton of new content as well. Garrisons is a new piece of content, as is the new PvP zone, Trial of the Gladiator is completely new and there are a ton of quality of life improvements. Not to mention all of the new (completely new from the ground up) zones, creatures, quests, story lines and much much more.

This next expansion is definitely not filler. It always makes me a bit sad when I see people who say things like this, but we'll do our best to help you see the light with more information releases as we go along.

Will we see Wrathion in WoD?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm just psyched to see Vindicator Maraad get more of a role than as a random dude on an airship!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/11/2013 07:24 AMPosted by Undeadburger

TBC and WOTLK were not fillers....they more or less allowed you to explore what happened to those characters from WC3.

Cata and pandaland were fillers. (Although overall I was happy with pandaria except for the massive focus on dailies & the massive farming on the isles which I hardly did any of)

So Pandaland was filler even though they more or less allowed you to explore an entirely new continent filled with a complete new race that we had only seen briefly in WC3?

LOL. That's a good one. If that is filler then so was TBC and WotLK, and Cata.

Even Cata was not filler, thought it would be maybe the closest to being so.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/11/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Undeadburger

This is part-and-parcel of a new expansion and certainly would expect nothing less. I've always found the expansions offer tons of new zones, quest, etc. The critique here is that the tone of the game seemed to be shifting in a very obvious direction, but it seems like it was scrapped last-second for Warlords. Based on the presentation--what are the raids, who are the bosses, what is the lore, what story does the cinematic tell--it almost seems like you were not prepared to reveal a new expansion at BlizzCon.

The cinematic doesn't really tell any story it just says hey wow cool new stuff!

It wasn't a cinematic, it was an announcement trailer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes

Wait...we're actually getting Draenei Lore? I thought that didn't exist?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/11/2013 08:05 AMPosted by Doomclan
You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes

Wait...we're actually getting Draenei Lore? I thought that didn't exist?

Two blue archaeology finds weren't enough for you? Haha.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

I've always wondered where they got their gnome fascination from. Now I realize that they're more of a parallel universe rather than a time displaced world but clearly our meeting them in this way put a racial imprint of them. It all makes sense now! :)

11/11/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Darragar

That was asked at a panel. The response was there is nothing planned in WoD but it's something they want to visit at some point in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

I'm looking forward to the new content. Bring it on!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I must admit the whole garrison thing could have been cool but bliz just flat out got it wrong again... I would much rather see a GUILD garrison. Would it not be completely awesome if your garrison was attacked by random bosses/mobs and had to be defended by your guild. I picture huge armies of gnolls charging your gates or some random rock giant eating your walls... Make the events random and give some world loot for defeating it, or suffer thru massive costly rebuilds if you cant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]