Warlords of Garrisons

95 Draenei Hunter
The one thing I want more than anything else is for Magni to be released from his curse. If it's possible, I don't know. I want the king back.

at blizzcon there was someone that ask for that, the answer is that they are still working with moira so there is no sign that show that magni will come back..

sorry, i to wanted the coolest dwarf ever to comeback again.

he made the ashbringer!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Getting some? We're going to their HOME. We get to get up close and intimate with who they are, what they're about, their lore, their, struggles, their triumphs, their defeats. We get to find out so much more about them (plus no one crashes a space ship.) Are you sure you're ready for it?

I won't be ready because draenei models probably won't be ready until 6.1 or so. i don't mean to be a debbie downer, but when i heard about the updated models and all the draenei lore i thought it'd be cool to race swap this paladin (or perhaps use my free level 90)

now, though... i don't want to level with a crappy model while everyone else looks super snazzy. i'm very deflated by this news. i thought the devs wanted to get the models out sometime during mop so races other than panda looked natural with the new monk class. how did the art team get so backed up that even by the launch of wod some players will still need to wait?

the models we've seen look awesome, btw
Edited by Hafleur on 11/11/2013 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey now!

We'd love to tell everyone's stories (I'm a big Forsaken fan myself), but there's only so much room in each expansion to do that and make those stories all fit like a puzzle. We get to the ones we can as we can. In this case, we get to shed more light on the Draenei. ;)

Does this mean Tauren will have their day at last? :D

Edit: Yes, yes, I know. Finally paying attention to a neglected race and I go HEY WHAT ABOUT OTHER NEGLECTED RACE. Can't win. :P

I think I have a bruise now. Thanks for that. ;p
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
We just felt it was a good idea to get the basics out there, round up the fansite and media coverage and then as we move forward, start getting into more of the nitty gritty details as we define them more during development. Call it some breathing room if you will.

The story is being moved forward, just in another way. I understand if you might not have an interest in it or have expectations for a different story all together, but it's not directionless development being done. There's a plan in place and hopefully we'll be able to continue to express that plan to everyone in a clear way.

I look forward to further updates and nitty gritty details. From my perspective (a lore-hound who craves top-notch PvE), except for Garrisons the development does seem somewhat directionless as it was presented at BlizzCon--again, almost as if they were not ready for a big release announcement. I have every bit of confidence that the team is preparing updates to further get the community "jacked up" about what's to come.
Edited by Angelatore on 11/11/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
It always makes me a bit sad when I see people who say things like this

No one gets to make Nethaera sad...

*cracks knuckles*

No one
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I, for one, welcome our new Draenei overlords.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Nethara, why did you guys decide to make garrisons? I mean it had to be for a reason with a sim like thing out of no were
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

Getting some? We're going to their HOME. We get to get up close and intimate with who they are, what they're about, their lore, their, struggles, their triumphs, their defeats. We get to find out so much more about them (plus no one crashes a space ship.) Are you sure you're ready for it?

And here I thought that Draenor wasn't actually the homeworld of the Draenei, that Argus was their homeworld, and that they just landed on Draenor after escaping the Burning Legion.

Looks like another Draenei-influenced retcon.

We'd love to tell everyone's stories (I'm a big Forsaken fan myself)

We already had our expansion, IMO. It was WotLK.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
I hope the forsaken have something to gain in draenor, I may be for The Horde but the forsaken has interests as well. will we be able to resurrect new champions into the forsaken to bolster our forces in draenor?
Reply Quote
99 Draenei Paladin
Nethara, why did you guys decide to make garrisons? I mean it had to be for a reason with a sim like thing out of no were
Because people have been bugging them for player housing for years, so they finally changed their mind and gave people an entire god damn base instead of a single house and now people are crying about it as well.

Player housing? meh
Players get their own Base? Awesome
Edited by Vynahrik on 11/11/2013 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Will there ever be a possibility of having the following in our Garrisons:

- A mage that can have a portal open constantly to our main town, or a main town of our choosing? (Shrine, Iron Forge, etc)
- The ability to set out hearths in out Inn?
- The ability to call one of our followers once every X time (hour? day? week?) to assist us in battle?
- Will there be a possibility of having a banker or auctioneer in our garrison? banker mainly?
- Will we be able to trade followers with others?
- Is there a possibility we will have a mannequin in our garrison hall to display our favorite set of armor?

Will our garrisons be able to get attacked by NPCs for a daily reward or something like that?

To me, the garrison seems to be the selling point so far of all features, besides heirlooms. But i honestly can't help feel this expansion is 95% horde. Not that i'm complaining it much, just kind of tired of expansions focusing on the horde and less on alliance. Will most likely dust off my 85 horde paladin to level him up and see the horde side of WoD. The whole "alternate reality" still boggles my mind and kills off many of my brain cells >.>

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

BRB, Making sure my Draenei is ready for a level jump.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
What you saw was the trailer, NOT the cinematic..
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

It reminds you of the sims? It reminds me of WCIII. In fact, it's almost exactly like WCIII from what i have heard, you get to build your own town and gather resources and watch it grow.

Edit: Now only if you could take your grown town and conquer things.
Edited by Averax on 11/11/2013 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I hope the forsaken have something to gain in draenor, I may be for The Horde but the forsaken has interests as well. will we be able to resurrect new champions into the forsaken to bolster our forces in draenor?

You. I like you.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

And here I thought that Draenor wasn't actually the homeworld of the Draenei, that Argus was their homeworld, and that they just landed on Draenor after escaping the Burning Legion.

Not a retcon and technically you're correct, it's not their original home, but it's a home that they made their own complete with culture and history. So, you're right on one level and not right on another. They've had several homes, this one though is a pretty big one for them.

Wrath of the Lich King was more than a story of the Forsaken, so I'll disagree (on a personal level) that they had theirs. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I think I have a bruise now. Thanks for that. ;p

You can't keep it a secret forever! I know you guys are planning the expansion after WoD: Cowlords of Bovinor!
Reply Quote
11/11/2013 07:24 AMPosted by Undeadburger

This is every single expansion ever... lol.

TBC and WOTLK were not fillers....they more or less allowed you to explore what happened to those characters from WC3.

Cata and pandaland were fillers. (Although overall I was happy with pandaria except for the massive focus on dailies & the massive farming on the isles which I hardly did any of)

I would hardly call fighting against the end of the world and an expansion with a new land and a dynamic storyline "fillers". Not to mention, Pandaria had no focus on dailies at all, it was something to do. Just like the Isles, no farming required, just there if someone wants watered down gear for their alts to catch up.

Just because something isn't ripped from WC3 doesn't mean it's a filler.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue

On Argus they were still called Eredar. Once they escaped to Draenor they called themselves the Draenei and presumably named the planet after themselves as well, the gits. But technically the homeworld of the eredar is Argus, the homeworld of the draenei is Draenor, even though draenei and uncorrupted eredar are essentially the same thing.

Yes, it is confusing.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
11/11/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Nethaera

Wait... we're getting attention?

Who are you and what have you done with Nethaera?

Hey now!

We'd love to tell everyone's stories (I'm a big Forsaken fan myself), but there's only so much room in each expansion to do that and make those stories all fit like a puzzle. We get to the ones we can as we can. In this case, we get to shed more light on the Draenei. ;)

HEY! Gnomes were here FIRST! The Draenei already had an entire expansion all about them. Remember The Burning Crusade??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGrcdOyyRQ
Skip to 23:05 to hear Blizzard's response to the long suffering Gnome players.

Gnomes have been asking politely for something...ANYTHING for NINE YEARS. And what do we get? Sarcasm in front of thousands of people by the Warcraft development team. Apparently Gnome player's MONEY is acceptable to Blizzard...they just dont want to see us in their GAME.

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]