Warlords of Garrisons

Remember the Gnomes?

Yea, us! I want my city back, or build us a new one. I have a site here where you can pick some buildings for us. And please, do not skimp.

http://www.skyscrapers.com/two-international-finance-centre-hong-kong-china
We'll share that one with the goblins.

My personal house: http://www.skyscrapers.com/grosvenor-house-dubai-united-arab-emirates

Just replace the W with a big G: http://www.skyscrapers.com/hotel-w-barcelona-barcelona-spain
This could be standard gnome housing.

You get the idea. Build us a city!

I would like to see progress in the game. It is really too stagnant. And you could do a little each patch. For example: Stormwind. The Park could have been developed slowly each patch. It would be complete by now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

And here I thought that Draenor wasn't actually the homeworld of the Draenei, that Argus was their homeworld, and that they just landed on Draenor after escaping the Burning Legion.

Looks like another Draenei-influenced retcon.

Not a retcon and technically you're correct, it's not their original home, but it's a home that they made their own complete with culture and history. So, you're right on one level and not right on another. They've had several homes, this one though is a pretty big one for them.

Wrath of the Lich King was more than a story of the Forsaken, so I'll disagree (on a personal level) that they had theirs. ;)
With Durotan appearing in the alternate time line any possibility of Restalaan or the city of Telmor showing up in some way?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Will the garrison be for that character only or will they be for all characters of that account on this server. Faction depending of course.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue

So Pandaland was filler even though they more or less allowed you to explore an entirely new continent filled with a complete new race that we had only seen briefly in WC3?

LOL. That's a good one. If that is filler then so was TBC and WotLK, and Cata.

Even Cata was not filler, thought it would be maybe the closest to being so.

Anything that doesn't progress the story is filler. And virtually every EVERY EVERY tv show that involves timetravel is a filler. Pandaria was fun but it was a filler. The story did not progress. The races were cool, lands were awesome, but the story was still a filler. Pandaria can be summed up into one short sentence. Horde gets a new warchief. And yet stormwind still burns, the story from deathwing has not advanced at all. In fact, deathwing was hardly a story simply because its like....uhh random big dragon comes in and destroys everything(I know deathwing from wc2 but still...he was a minor subplot). Wrath and TBC its like ok here are some key characters that you really know.

How did pandaria affect azeroth as a whole? Aside for the new race which is great, not much.

Based on your logic Wrath was a filler since it can be summed up in one sentence. *Spoiler* Arthas dies. BC also was a filler because Illidan dies.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Will the garrison be for that character only or will they be for all characters of that account on this server. Faction depending of course.

I believe at current, it's set up like the farm ( individual). Keep in mind, we're still in development so things could change in many ways in regard to how features work, but we'll do our best to keep you informed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I'm just glad its not Kung Fu Panda expansion...... After Mists I am ready to just kill monsters and play wow.

Because there were no monsters in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The draenei story isn't a retcon, they did make Draenor their home (away from home).

The big retcon here is making pre-fel corrupted orcs a savage and conquering race, instead of you know, the tribal, living off the land race all the current lore history has them out to be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/11/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Iamhez
I'm just glad its not Kung Fu Panda expansion...... After Mists I am ready to just kill monsters and play wow.

Nope

http://i.imgur.com/dFtOW.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

Why did you scrap the Burning Legion despite all of the chatter about their return?

Why did BlizzCon offer so little about actual content and instead focus mainly on Garrisons?

I gotta say, I am not really all that thrilled about another filler expansion that is more or less just a huge patch with new features.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Wrathion. Keep in mind (not saying this is related to Wrathion btw) that the story bits you've seen are just one part of the expansion's story. There will be plenty more that you'll get to experience. You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes among many others.

There's a ton of new content as well. Garrisons is a new piece of content, as is the new PvP zone, Trial of the Gladiator is completely new and there are a ton of quality of life improvements. Not to mention all of the new (completely new from the ground up) zones, creatures, quests, story lines and much much more.

This next expansion is definitely not filler. It always makes me a bit sad when I see people who say things like this, but we'll do our best to help you see the light with more information releases as we go along.

^^this.
It's quite bold of you to act as if you know the whole story plus everything that happens and who's involved OP, cause you certainly don't and are jumping to negative conclusions. And you may have the OPINION that all these are "filler" expansions, but that can be said about any xpac and hold as much merit as your claims. It's a long, long story.......if you don't enjoy it and are an unappreciative person, which you obviously are.......then don't play.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/11/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Iamhez

I'm pretty sure MoP was crawling with orcs, maybe some one slipped some shrooms into my Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
All I can say about warlords is major fail. To sell Panda's they gave away a free D3. So I wonder how they plan to push off an expansion about 90%. Orcs on those of us who really could care less about orcs or Outlands.
They need to put in some WoW for the rest of us. This might be where I say good bye to WoW.

Bye - can I haz your gold?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Not a retcon and technically you're correct, it's not their original home, but it's a home that they made their own complete with culture and history. So, you're right on one level and not right on another. They've had several homes, this one though is a pretty big one for them.

Wrath of the Lich King was more than a story of the Forsaken, so I'll disagree (on a personal level) that they had theirs. ;)

While we're discussing the story of WoD, here's something my wife seriously asked me after watching many of the panels:

"Are they going to have a heroic scenario where we discover the secret location that Blizzard is stashing all their female leads for WoD and free them?"

Seriously though, watching them roll out 10 main characters and having them all be men is disappointing. Maybe that works for the testosterone filled 18-24 male age group, but please remember that many of your players are women and men who appreciate a diversified story with actual female characters.

Blizzard has always done a fair job of this, so the 10 main characters highlighted being all male felt very 2003 and out of touch for 2013.

And frankly it's just boring to have the whole expansion be a sausage-festival.

It's best to have all the information on a subject before jumping to conclusions. There is a female Draeni who will be a new Hero that will be very involved with what's going on there, and what about Jaina? What about Thralls wife? What about Ysera and the other mighty dragons? Are they not all females and had a lot to do with the past many xpacs?
Sometimes people see what they want to see..........this may very well be one of those cases.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/11/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Nethaera

I believe at current, it's set up like the farm ( individual). Keep in mind, we're still in development so things could change in many ways in regard to how features work, but we'll do our best to keep you informed.

Cool, it would have my vote to be account(server) wide. After the second character completed the farm, it just kinda fell off the radar for the others. Felt like there was not a point to it.

With all characters working on the garrison, it would mean more. This way you could also increase the cost of things and have "Class specific" quests to add to the garrison.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
ok ive heard alot of good info from blizzcon over the virtual ticket and from here and the gaming sites i follow but one piece that they usually announce but seems to be missing this time is the release date ...all the other release notifications have had a release date or a season it will release in or a quarter...Did i miss it of did we just get promised a expansion that will happen eventually...??
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Players have been asking for player housing for friends to visit to show off their "trophies", to have some visible way of displaying things they've collected over the years. The Garrison is not player housing, it is a city building game. There is no way to show off trophies. All you get do is go "Oh, you went with that building. I decided I'd rather have this one." And since it sounds like you're tying it into character progression (though I could be wrong on that), it pretty much makes it mandatory for players whether they want to be playing a city building game or not.

I have yet to meet one person who has been asking for player housing think that the Garrison is what they want.

Heroic raiding has been destroyed for more than half the heroic raiders out there. Talk about Connected Realms all you want but it's still not here for most of us and we have no one to make plans with for raiding assuming we even want to move to 20man, which most of us impacted don't. But that's ok, you've renamed the normal content that we faceroll through in a few weeks to now be heroic so we can continue to call ourselves heroic raiders! Do you honestly think a name bait and switch is going to satisfy us? WTF are we supposed to do with the remaining 6-7 months between new patch content?

MoP and Wrathion's quest line was a set up for the Burning Legion and now you aren't delivering. Sorry, if you're going to create a set up for future content then it needs to be content you're going to deliver next expansion not 3 expansions from now. That is why players feel that Warlords of Draenor is just filler. It's not what they were led to believe they were going to be getting. Instead of it's just recycled characters and planet from a old game. Time travel and co-existing alternate timelines are bad plot devices used by writers who are out of ideas.

And Blizzard has yet to deliver on making the player feel like the player is the real hero. We're always just some tool of the major lore characters.

Thrall and the Aspects for Cata - who delivered the deathblow to Deathwing? Wasn't us. Wrathion, Vol'jin, Varian and Taran Zhu now for MoP - who delivered the deathblow to Garrosh? Not only was it not us, it's no one at all! And then they screw up and let him escape.

Sorry, no love for the new expansion or even WoW anymore from this gnome. Especially not with the toxic player community your game master staff coddles.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Much like the farm was a first step, consider this another step. People kept asking for player housing and we had to find a way to make it truly a part of Warcraft and not just a place to collect dust bunnies. This is what we've come up with. Could guild structures be something that comes about eventually? It just might. Not getting something now doesn't mean it's not possible some time in the future. It may just happen. We didn't just come up with Garrisons overnight. It took time, planning, thought, and technology to all come together. It's a great addition and you'll still be able to bring your friends and guildies into it to visit and maybe even show off your elite Garrison planning skills. ;)

So what's going to happen to them after we leave Draenor? Player housing is nothing if it's not something reasonably permanent. We're not going to be here forever. :/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It would be awesome if the Garrison's could be Battle.net (account) bound! Then you don't have to have 9 different Garrison's for 9 different characters on the same server!

Also, has there been any thought of a "Guild Hall"? The Idea of a building or an area where Guild Members can meet, have access to Guild Only stuff (maybe play some Hearthstone when that's available). But only people from your Guild can be or hang out. Have NPC's that are Guild Bank, Personal Bank, Auctioneer, Repair, maybe some profession stuff. Just some idea's! :)
Reply Quote

While we're discussing the story of WoD, here's something my wife seriously asked me after watching many of the panels:

"Are they going to have a heroic scenario where we discover the secret location that Blizzard is stashing all their female leads for WoD and free them?"

Seriously though, watching them roll out 10 main characters and having them all be men is disappointing. Maybe that works for the testosterone filled 18-24 male age group, but please remember that many of your players are women and men who appreciate a diversified story with actual female characters.

Blizzard has always done a fair job of this, so the 10 main characters highlighted being all male felt very 2003 and out of touch for 2013.

And frankly it's just boring to have the whole expansion be a sausage-festival.

It's best to have all the information on a subject before jumping to conclusions. There is a female Draeni who will be a new Hero that will be very involved with what's going on there, and what about Jaina? What about Thralls wife? What about Ysera and the other mighty dragons? Are they not all females and had a lot to do with the past many xpacs?
Sometimes people see what they want to see..........this may very well be one of those cases.

I wasn't the one who decided to roll out the 10 important characters at Blizzcon and have them all be men. That what the Blizzard Story team and PR folks.

I listened to the entire panel for the launch and the story panel. If that's what Blizzard is going to feature, then I feel like I need to provide them the feedback that I find it to be a boring sausage-fest (not to mention just mindlessly sexist).

I would like WoD to be really awesome. Without interesting female characters, it won't be. That's why I'm offering this to them now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]