Warlords of Garrisons

90 Dwarf Warlock
Also, has there been any thought of a "Guild Hall"? The Idea of a building or an area where Guild Members can meet, have access to Guild Only stuff (maybe play some Hearthstone when that's available). But only people from your Guild can be or hang out. Have NPC's that are Guild Bank, Personal Bank, Auctioneer, Repair, maybe some profession stuff. Just some idea's! :)

I'm a bit leery on the idea of guild halls, only because I've seen what they do to games.

EverQuest 2 has *EXCELLENT* guild halls. Problem is, due to them being excellent, the cities are pretty threadbare.

Banker
broker(auctioneer basically)
repair
bartender(sells food/drink) a
dventure and crafting writ givers(gives rep and crafting/guild exp since tradeskills and guilds level like players do)
tradeskill recipe book vendors
spell vendors(you have to buy ranks of your spell.. when you level you get the weakest version of that spell)
crafting tables(need to be at a table to craft)
harvest depot(holds crafting materials)
guild bank
personal bank
teleporters(takes you to zone portal locations and bell docks)
rally flag(take a flag from the NPC, drop it in the world. Becomes a rally flag. players can speak to the NPC again to be teleported to the flag's location. Useful for getting your raid to the raid zone since everyone just sits in the guild hall anyways)
Guild level reward vendor

Everything you'd ever need out of a city, right in one building. Along with room for trophies from raids, decoratable like a house, and a recall spell to it.

Cities are dead.

So I'm pretty leery on the idea of guild halls.

Edit, forgot one of the NPCs. You also get guards that you can dress up in any armor you want, and you can dress your NPCs how you want. Name them what you want. etc.
Edited by Nashoba on 11/11/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The real question is... will WoD have a place to showcase all my pristine archaeology artifacts? A garrison building perhaps?

Actually, upon reflection, there wasn't a lot of talk about secondary professions. Archaeology has been shifted in direction a few times now, so I'm curious if another change is coming. Or if Fishing is finally getting that revamp. Or if Cooking is going to keep the Ways. Or if First Aid is going to stop feeling so neglected.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The real question is... will WoD have a place to showcase all my pristine archaeology artifacts? A garrison building perhaps?

Actually, upon reflection, there wasn't a lot of talk about secondary professions. Archaeology has been shifted in direction a few times now, so I'm curious if another change is coming. Or if Fishing is finally getting that revamp. Or if Cooking is going to keep the Ways. Or if First Aid is going to stop feeling so neglected.
That is actually... a pretty good idea.
Reply Quote
Sorry, no love for the new expansion or even WoW anymore from this gnome. Especially not with the toxic player community your game master staff coddles.

She has a point. And she knows how to write, which is what I'd like to see soon. If posts are written poorly, they get deleted.

Where did this idea for an expansion come from? This has got to be the most redundant-error-time-assimilated-reversed-device-ever-devised I have ever seen. Time travel is hard to pull off good. Must be getting ready for the new X-man movie: Days of Future Past II.

Btw, I hate Orcs. Did I mention that? Give me some gnomes armed with laser cannons and a company of orcs, and there will be plenty of green muscular bodies wasted and burning on the ground. So much for all that bravado.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm a bit leery on the idea of guild halls, only because I've seen what they do to games.

EverQuest 2 has *EXCELLENT* guild halls. Problem is, due to them being excellent, the cities are pretty threadbare.

They don't have to make the Guild Hall's "that good". :P

My thought was it be like in Dalaran and it be a phased area inside the city. You still see Trade and General chat, but more of a building/area you can be inside of in a major city.

And with the new Hearthstone game being playable inside WoW too, you can sit down with guildies and play a quick round.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What I'm worried the most about with garrisons is it will be just another daily hub I'll have to run all of my alts through. I was very disappointed to see they would not be account or account-realm wide. The burnout of mop dailies is what made me leave just after 5.1 and not come back for 11 months.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just to touch on Wrathion briefly, it seems Dave Kosak did mention it in a panel that we like Wrathion and he may make an appearance but we have no plans to have him work on a Legendary quest line in Warlords of Draenor. (I checked with the team to see if I missed the answer somewhere and it seems I did. ;) )
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
11/11/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Nethaera
Will the garrison be for that character only or will they be for all characters of that account on this server. Faction depending of course.

I believe at current, it's set up like the farm ( individual). Keep in mind, we're still in development so things could change in many ways in regard to how features work, but we'll do our best to keep you informed.

I don't know much about them so maybe it doesn't make sense, but I would really prefer a housing type system to be account based, not individual. Others likely disagree, but I don't like the repetition of having to do the same things for all alts (like unlocking the farm in MoP). I'd rather my alt "family" can all come in and contribute.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Can we please see our alts wandering around our Garrison? Maybe sit with them at the pub in the Inn. Send them on suicide quests for entertainment?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I don't have to do it to all my alts
Edited by Sawzall on 11/11/2013 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Can we please see our alts wandering around our Garrison? Maybe sit with them at the pub in the Inn. Send them on suicide quests for entertainment?

Someone asked this during the general Q/A, requesting that they be able to be recruited as followers. They mentioned that the idea hadn't crossed their minds. I'm sure they'll discuss the pros/cons of it internally at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/11/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Angelatore
The trailer shown for the announcement is more of a tease, but if you look at the main image, those are all orc warchiefs that those familiar with the original Warcraft RTS will readily recognize. This is a chance for the Alliance to take the initiative and go after the Iron Horde and it's a chance for the Horde as it is now to rediscover who they are and what they're about.

It seems that there's still a lot of information that you're missing and if you didn't get the live-stream or don't plan to, might I also suggest spending some time reading the articles on our various fansites and listening to their podcasts?

The undertones of your post that I am uninformed and need to read up is not lost on me. I am very familiar with the orc warchiefs, their story, their lore in the books, their role in the RTS games, and how most of them died. I apologize in advance that I expected the game to move forward towards the lore that was hinted at ad nauseam in Mists instead of backwards in time--this time with Garrisons! Perhaps I need to read Rise of the Horde and Lord of the Clans literally for the ninth time?

I am not really missing out on a lot of information--Bashiok's blog post about D&R in WoD is not overly informative (it was mainly about the fact that Flex worked and it's coming back even more so, but we're renaming the difficulties).

Maybe what you should really do is take a deep breath and go outside. It's a video game, no matter what direction they choose to go, people will complain and others will be happy.
Reply Quote
Same
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I bet some people read the last page of the book and complain that the ending made no sense.
Patience, Grasshopper. It will all tie together. What you see now is not the entire story :)
Reply Quote
Does "filler" mean anything BUT the final showdown of the game that ushers in the end of the game? I don't understand. I'm THRILLED about WoD - all of it. Every piece of news sings to me as a step in the right direction. I'm even leveling up my warrior to better fit into the motif of a fighter sent into a brutal world filled with savage encounters. Why are other people so anxious for the end of the game?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The story is about YOU as a hero as well, facing down an incredibly powerful and dangerous foe in order to protect Azeroth as it is today.

Any word on when "Azeroth as it is today" is going to appear in game?

Patience, Grasshopper.

Patience. Wait and See. FIST PUMP. Sorry, I've spent the last few years developing an immunity to placating catch phrases.
Edited by Kaganfindel on 11/11/2013 1:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So...

Where did Wrathion go?

Why did you scrap the Burning Legion despite all of the chatter about their return?

Why did BlizzCon offer so little about actual content and instead focus mainly on Garrisons?

I gotta say, I am not really all that thrilled about another filler expansion that is more or less just a huge patch with new features.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Wrathion. Keep in mind (not saying this is related to Wrathion btw) that the story bits you've seen are just one part of the expansion's story. There will be plenty more that you'll get to experience. You are going to get to experience the Draenei's real culture, history, and heroes among many others.

There's a ton of new content as well. Garrisons is a new piece of content, as is the new PvP zone, Trial of the Gladiator is completely new and there are a ton of quality of life improvements. Not to mention all of the new (completely new from the ground up) zones, creatures, quests, story lines and much much more.

This next expansion is definitely not filler. It always makes me a bit sad when I see people who say things like this, but we'll do our best to help you see the light with more information releases as we go along.

If it helps any, when I saw the first leaks regarding WoD I rolled my eyes like a mofo. But I was in attendance at blizzcon, and as announcement after announcement came, I got more and more excited. I would like a non-Orc as the big bad, but maybe we've gone past the need for a "big bad."
Edited by Axondruid on 11/11/2013 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
11/11/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Pheydra
My thought was it be like in Dalaran and it be a phased area inside the city. You still see Trade and General chat, but more of a building/area you can be inside of in a major city.

Oh no, you misunderstand.

All chat channels there are global. The problem isn't chat being dead.

It's that the cities are dead. There are no bodies in them. And they spent recently two major content patches updating them(no more multiple zones for Qeynos and Freeport, it's all one big major zone, new quests, racial questlines, etc).

Phasing a building will do the same thing. No bodies in the cities except those in guilds without halls, and the guildless.

And my hope is that Hearthstone works the way Legends of Norrath does(SoE's done a Hearthstone type game since like 2007 or 2008 now). You can right click a player in game to start a game with them, but it's a separate outside application.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The story of this xpac is being misinterpreted i think (mainly because time is hard to understand). It may seem to many that the story of WoD is completely random and just something blizzard used as a filler but that is not true. The horde has a new warchief. The alliance is stronger than its ever been. Both factions are changing, in large ways and WoD (from what i've seen SO FAR) is an expansion for the horde and alliance to see what they're about.

The horde can go back to its SAVAGE roots and we can all see a part of warcraft's story that we have not seen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]