Prot Holy Power Question

90 Undead Rogue
So w/ all that I am reading most ppl say dont SoTR until five so you have 2 banked for an oh crap moment. Do you guys constantly keep 2 banked? I've been practicing on the dummy and trying to keep 2 banked while getting to 5 BoG EF's and its tough!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So w/ all that I am reading most ppl say dont SoTR until five so you have 2 banked for an oh crap moment. Do you guys constantly keep 2 banked? I've been practicing on the dummy and trying to keep 2 banked while getting to 5 BoG EF's and its tough!

It's the same, you only delay your first SotR, but then you hit SotR every 3 HoPo like normal. Unless of course you come to that oh crap moment and spend your 2 extra HoPo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
11/11/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Berith

It's the same, you only delay your first SotR, but then you hit SotR every 3 HoPo like normal. Unless of course you come to that oh crap moment and spend your 2 extra HoPo.

So, I would delay the first hit it and then wait for 5 again, correct? Also, since your in this thread and ive been reading a lot of what you have been saying, do you use holy wrath in AoE rotation? Sorry for all the, most likely, basic questions. The prot guide that is stickied seems a bit out of date.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Correct. Basically it'll go something like this:

Generate 5hp -> hit SotR (have 2 left) -> generate 3hp (5 total) -> hit SotR (2 left) -> generate 3hp etc.

So after the first you're still using SotR every 3 generators, just like you would if you were using it at 3hp. And delaying that first one is well worth the ability to hit SotR at virtually any moment if the need arises (since you're never more than 1hp short of it, and since you just used it you have the 3s duration to generate that 3rd hp).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/11/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Nimand

So, I would delay the first hit it and then wait for 5 again, correct? Also, since your in this thread and ive been reading a lot of what you have been saying, do you use holy wrath in AoE rotation? Sorry for all the, most likely, basic questions. The prot guide that is stickied seems a bit out of date.

Why wouldn't you use an AoE ability in an AoE rotation?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]