Mythic raid?

88 Goblin Death Knight
Hopefully Mythic will share a raid lockout with the other raids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/08/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Fabermor
How exactly do they need to do a massive change? They bring in 10 people and Go..

If I wanted to raid with 20 people I'd be raiding 25s.

This is a god awful idea and if it isn't change drastically by release it'll be the end of my sub.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/08/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Ngxi
Flex is being removed. Normal and Heroic will be using the Flex scaling system so you can bring anywhere from 10-25 ppl and have the difficulty scale accordingly.

^ This. It will be easier for guilds -- good guilds -- to attempt the most difficult content now because they have lowered the requirement to 20 man.

And they will be nerfing lfr even more. So people drop mid-fight? No problemo, now the boss will scale down to accommodate that.

Worst part is: Even with the raid scaling down it won't matter. If you're waiting around for more than 10 seconds, chances are it's because you lost a tank. Scaling down doesn't change mechanics that make you need two tanks.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Horrible change. Both raid sizes are screwed and have to under go a pretty massive change, especially 10s.

How exactly do they need to do a massive change? They bring in 10 people and Go..

This literally changes nothing with 10 man raids except that they can add a few extra friends if they are online.. The only thing this impacts is 25 man heroic guilds who will need to bench 5 players to go into Mythic mode

Remove your tinfoil hats for once

Which one is easier ?? Recruiting 10 new heroic-ready and willing players or cutting only 5 of them ??

I am completely objective in this situation and I really do not care which raid Mythic screws up more but I can clearly see that this is gonna hit 10 man guilds harder.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

If doubling the size of your raiding team isn't a massive change, what is?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It's more screwing 10-mans than it is 25-mans. But at least competitive raiding is back to one raid size.

how does it screw 10man guilds, actually helps 10mans, that 11th person sub isn't screwed every other raid day because everyone showed up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/08/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Stormspellz
how does it screw 10man guilds, actually helps 10mans, that 11th person sub isn't screwed every other raid day because everyone showed up.

Because we need to recruit 10 more people just to do the same difficulty we're already doing?

How does that not screw us over?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
Horrible change. Both raid sizes are screwed and have to under go a pretty massive change, especially 10s.

This literally changes nothing with 10 man raids except that they can add a few extra friends if they are online.. The only thing this impacts is 25 man heroic guilds who will need to bench 5 players to go into Mythic mode

I have a hard time imagining someone can be as dense as you.. Doubling in size while only acquiring quality raiders isn't all that simple. The pool of quality raiders is finite, you can't just go out and get them. Lots of 10 man progression guilds are going to die.

Get your head out of your rear
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue

You insane ? Bring 10 extra friends, how do you think heroic raiding works ? You need to recruit 10 dudes (and we all know hoa fun that is), 10 freaking dudes to your close nit group of 10 to even be able to atempt Mythic raiding, while 25s simply ditch the 5 worst players and go on with theyre lives.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm actually excited to pull more people into my 10 man team. We can actually start messing with brez breakpoints, balancing heals to dps, and break in new members without screwing the group.
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Chimi
It's more screwing 10-mans than it is 25-mans.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
screwing over 10s more, tbh.

i think it helps 10 mans to be honest. gives you the option to recruit over 10 ppl so you can still raid even if some do not show.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

I have a hard time imagining someone can be as dense as you.. Doubling in size while only acquiring quality raiders isn't all that simple. The pool of quality raiders is finite, you can't just go out and get them. Lots of 10 man progression guilds are going to die.

Get your head out of your rear

Just curious, how many 10 man heroic guilds are so small they don't have a secondary 10 man team running around, or at least have a good enough name to rectuit? Yeah 25 has it easier (again), but this is not the end of the current 10 man guilds. This is how they will expand.
Edited by Notfurry on 11/8/2013 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Setting it at 15 would have been much better. A 25-man could move on by forming two groups by adding a few friends. And 10s would only have to add five people instead of having to double their roster. Since this is the hardest difficulty setting, recruiting a full new group of 10 players who are actually good will be no simple task.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

you do have a point. For all intent and purposes 25 mans will be dead. Those who want to do mythics will recruit up to 20 ppl for core with 5 backup/friends while they gear through normal and heroics. the 5 extra will likely just be friends and family. However if the end result is better(which it is looking like it will be) its a small price to pay. IT does kill 25 man raiding but they still can run 20 man groups and the blow will only be hit at the beginning of the xpac where 25 mans need to adjust.
Edited by Turmoyl on 11/8/2013 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10 mans can get 10 more people
but making 25mans cut 5 people
wth
10 mans have to find 10 heroic capable players.

25 mans get 5 more solid players for the bench
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
11/08/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Turmoyl
screwing over 10s more, tbh.

i think it helps 10 mans to be honest. gives you the option to recruit over 10 ppl so you can still raid even if some do not show.

For normal/heroic(current flex/normal difficulty) sure it is a great thing. If you desire to progress into the mythic mode(current heroic) then it isn't so great.

Just curious, how many 10 man heroic guilds are so small they don't have a secondary 10 man team running around, or at least have a good enough name to rectuit? Yeah 25 has it easier (again), but this is not the end of the current 10 man guilds. This is how they will expand.

Most I know don't have multiple teams. Or the backup team consists mostly of alts. 10 new heroic raiders isn't something easily assembled.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
For normal/heroic(current flex/normal difficulty) sure it is a great thing. If you desire to progress into the mythic mode(current heroic) then it isn't so great.

Ah i see, in that case i feel as though it was almost a step forward but took a step back. why not keep that mechanic for mythic? Is their design intent to go back to wrath where 10man raiders were second class citizens?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]