Skeer
Korven
Hizek
Xaril
Kaztik
Karoz
Irrukuk
Kilruk

How do the two tanks divide up this load? Who tanks what?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I can only speak for normal, but we do use that order.

At start: 1 tank on Rik'kal, 1 tank on Skeer, Hisek isn't tanked. From now on, the tanks will be "Rik'kal tank" and"Skeer tank"

After Rik'kal: Rik'kal tank picks up Ka'roz
After Skeer: Skeer tank picks up Korven. During Korven's focused assault, other tank taunts and faces him away, and the Korven tank can taunt back after the stun.
After Korven: Skeer tank picks up Iyokkuk.
After Hisek: Someone picks up Xaril, doesn't really matter who.
After Xaril: Again, someone picks up Kaz'tik and points him away, doesn't really matter who.
After Kaz'tik: Whoever didn't tank Xaril picks up Kil'ruk.

And from then on nothing new spawns and you can just keep tanking what you're tanking. For us, I end up tanking Rik'kal, Ka'roz, Xaril, and Kaz'tik, while our DK tanks Skeer, Korven, Iyokkuk, and Kil'ruk.
Edited by Ahanss on 11/11/2013 10:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
One gets Kulruk, one gets Xaril.
One gets Skeer, one gets Rikkal.

Hisek, Iyyokuk, and Kaztik do damage to a random raid member, and as a result, you don't formally need to tank them.

Korven and Ka'roz doesn't matter who tanks them.
Its recommended that there is 1 that doesn't need to be tanked, and 2 that do need to be tanked out at a time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/11/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Elv
Hisek, Iyyokuk, and Kaztik do damage to a random raid member, and as a result, you don't formally need to tank them.

Iyokkuk melees. It's not particularly strong (~120k on our DK), but there's no point not tanking him.

Kaz'tik chaincasts http://www.wowhead.com/spell=143768 on his highest threat. It even looks like it's reduced by armor. You could probably ignore tanking him, but really there's no reason not to, there's a pretty bored tank available at that time who can easily put that projection somewhere safe. He melees as well but it's very rare (1 in our kill this week).
Edited by Ahanss on 11/11/2013 10:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Iirc our order on 10m is:

Rik'kal
Hisek
Korven
Skeer
Ka'Roz
Xaril
Kaztik
Kil'ruk
Iyokkuk

Rik'kal dies virtually instantly though, so in reality you could probably tank him and Skeer together without any problems.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Sometimes I think we're the only ones who kill Skeer instead of Rik'kal at the start. Tanking him longer is a PITA but he doesn't really do anything to the raid as long as the tank is good at rolling AM. (We kill him 4th or 5th and get no parasites)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Did this on flex last night and the order we went with was the OP; the other tank had suggested the taunting prime during assault bit but in my normal group I've always just used a CD and muscled through it.

To each their own I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Don't monks get a cd that's like 90% reduction to the next 6 attacks or some crap? Yea, the rest of the tanks aren't monks lol The best the rest of us got is 50%
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Korvens attack is pretty nondangerous even through normal if your healers are something resembling awake, even without cooldowns. No CD exists like that for any class, either. That would be a sweet cooldown, though. :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Honestly, as long as one of you picks up Xaril and the other picks up Kil'ruk, you should be fine.
Don't forget to taunt Korven when he Shield Bashes your co-tank. Face him away from the raid too.

My co-tank and I don't even worry about the other ones we just kinda zerg it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]