Level 100 Paladin Talents

100 Human Paladin
While I'm excited about the majority of things in WoD, the one thing that disappointed me was the Paladin talents for level 100. Every other class gets something fun with flavor for their class. Paladins, in particular Retribution, get either a stat proc or an all Holy version of Ashen Verdict. Neither of those are particularly interesting.

What would be more interesting is if we got, for example, Ahoo'ru's Ring of Orbs from the Brawler's Guild that slowly draws closer to the target. It would function similarly but when the orbs reached their center point, if the target is still in it, they take a stacking DoT or HoT (Dependant on spec) for each orb that hasn't been run into.

Also, you could alternatively have a talent; Avenging Angel that reduces the damage and healing bonus of Avenging Wrath to 5 or 10% but makes it permanent, and then gives you an additional spell. Obviously, spell names are subject to change and such, but the additional spell would unleash the Avenging Wrath into an Angelic Form, briefly changing your appearance and increasing the bonus damage or healing, (based on spec) to 40% for 15 seconds with a 5 minute cooldown. While the ability is on cooldown, however, you do not receive the constant benefit of the talent.
Edited by Abdle on 11/11/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Look back at every set bonus since roughly Firelands T12, we have most of those set bonus' as passive now. Are you not surprised?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I mean there is a clear winner for ret. 250% damage as spell damage.

the 2nd one about getting spell power for a heal is just... awful i don't see any practical use for it at all.

And the first one is kinda meh... I mean if it was 10% haste on seal of truth that'd be great. But the 10% attack power with how low gear will be scaled... doubtful it will out preform 3point tv damage being 250% spell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
From a PVP perspective, Empowered Seals looks good, specifically the Healing component from judging with SoI active. Being able to regen 3% health every 2 seconds (probably effected by haste) looks very powerful for survival in PVP.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm not talking about raw number increases. Yes, the raw number increases are good... but as for flavor and just coolness, there is nothing. On the other hand, Warriors get Ravager, Warlocks get Cataclysm and permanent Doomguards/Infernals, Hunters get Snipe or Versatility, Rogues get their new combo point attack, Mages get Falling Stars or the Crystal, Death Knights get Defile, Necrotic Plague and Breath of Sindragosa, Druids get all the flavor Talents, Monks get Vital Conviction and Chi Explosion, and Shamans get Rainstorm and Storm Elemental Totem. Priests get equally screwed on flavor talents, but this is the Paladin forum.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
The way I'm seeing these new talents, pretty much every class gets a "bland" effect change to an existing class component, and the two options that vary the style of play. I mean, Defile for DKs replaces DnD and does what new thing, periodically increases the range of its effect? Yeah, super special and useful.

Now, granted, for Ret in PvE, Seal of Faith (or whatever Option 2 is) is probably never going to see use, except in incredibly dire situations where as much extra healing as possible is demanded (Thok progression, for example - though I personally wouldn't take it), but the other two each have their own flavor and place. Final Verdict will be the go-to for ST DPS, while I think the first one will be the go-to for AoE - increased haste and AP would mean stronger, more frequent HotR/MExo/DS/SoR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ithink theses will go through many design iterations, to make them useful for all three specs before they hit live...so I would hold the QQ till we are at least in the open beta.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The double beacon is a god send for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
The Light Within only gives attack speed from Judgement of Righteousness, so it will likely have limited applications, even in AoE applications without SoR active (which is I think the point).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There ya go Grog...looks like we got that T15 4pc baked in (sort of) to our baseline.

I'm kind of hoping they come up with something different before the WoD launch. I was hoping for a new ability (whether something completely new, or a new spell that had the utility of a few old spells rolled into one...since we already have too many damn buttons to push IMO).
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Seal of Faith
•Fills you with Holy Light, causing you to gain Faith equal to all damage dealt. Faith acts as spell power toward the next healing spell you cast.

Okay looks good.

•Holy •While Seal of Faith is active, all damage dealt is increased by 30%.

Yeah looks very nice for Holy spec.

•Protection & Retribution •While Seal of Faith is active, all damage dealt is reduced by 30%.

On the other hand looks almost useless for Prot and Ret, at least in pve. You don't want to sacrifice so much damage as either tank or dps, even for a substantial increase in healing. You could "seal twist" (I think that's the term) but that's a hassle, and makes the other level 100 talents more appealing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
•Protection & Retribution •While Seal of Faith is active, all damage dealt is reduced by 30%.

On the other hand looks almost useless for Prot and Ret, at least in pve. You don't want to sacrifice so much damage as either tank or dps, even for a substantial increase in healing. You could "seal twist" (I think that's the term) but that's a hassle, and makes the other level 100 talents more appealing.

If it's really -30% damage done, it sounds very bad, and if it's actually -30% damage received, then it sounds very OP for PVP and Prot PVE

I'm thinking the level 100 tiers they've shown to be very very weird, considering they don't fill the same niche (CC, mobility, damage, defense, utility, etc)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

If it's really -30% damage done, it sounds very bad, and if it's actually -30% damage received, then it sounds very OP for PVP and Prot PVE

I'm thinking the level 100 tiers they've shown to be very very weird, considering they don't fill the same niche (CC, mobility, damage, defense, utility, etc)

If you guys would do the math for this and how it works with EF you'd realise how stupidly OP it is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you guys would do the math for this and how it works with EF you'd realise how stupidly OP it is.

The numbers would be tuned, nerfed into oblivion once a talent combo is too good, etc (I think)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/13/2013 05:05 AMPosted by Edge

The numbers would be tuned, nerfed into oblivion once a talent combo is too good, etc (I think)

So you saying that the talent is bad, because it's too good atm ?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So you saying that the talent is bad, because it's too good atm ?

Do you honestly believe they'd let you stack 1 billion spell power and then have a HoT that heals you for 30% health every 3 seconds? (Retribution critting Lay on Hands in WotLK, I miss you so)

Let's think concept here, Faith will be capped at a certain amount, it'll be a healing boost to a single spell (and you lose 30% damage). Meanwhile, your enemy crits you for 3x as much damage as you because he picked Final Verdict.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you get to be a true battle healer, getting weaker damage, but throwing out strong burst heals. This would make Ret very interesting... Maybe
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Do you honestly believe they'd let you stack 1 billion spell power and then have a HoT that heals you for 30% health every 3 seconds? (Retribution critting Lay on Hands in WotLK, I miss you so)

Let's think concept here, Faith will be capped at a certain amount, it'll be a healing boost to a single spell (and you lose 30% damage). Meanwhile, your enemy crits you for 3x as much damage as you because he picked Final Verdict.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you get to be a true battle healer, getting weaker damage, but throwing out strong burst heals. This would make Ret very interesting... Maybe

Who says it's going to stay 30% ? and the lower the cap, the more often you can heal.
For example with EF, you get back 8 times the healing for all the dmg lost.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]