Garrisons idea: Incude alts!

100 Troll Priest
/liked

I also want to have peons working on the constructions... I love those little bald guys
93 Human Paladin
With the Blizz adding the Garrisons, it seems they are trying to go back to old school Warcraft 1,2, and 3. I'm wondering if this is Bizz early attempt to wing players off WOW back to a Warcraft model, perhaps Warcraft 4 on this new planet when this expan. is over? What do you guys think??
92 Goblin Priest
I like your idea but I feel the garrison is a tease I been wanting player housing for years but
the garrison will not be permanent player housing once WOD is over it will be useless.

They said you will be able to change locations.. Dont see why you wouldnt be able to move it to the next xpac after WoD.

And pretty sweet idea OP.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If they are going with a system similar to swtor, why not go all out and let us have an NPC companion for soloing. Better than that let us choose one of our alts to act as the NPC companion.
90 Night Elf Druid
With my 14 90s, 30-40 85s I'd love, LOVE, this idea.

Walking down the streets as I see my Mage studying his book deeply on a nearby bench, while entering the inn I see my paladin&warrior talking to each other, sharing war stories and graving a beer...

All I can say? Hell yes!
93 Human Paladin
With the Blizz adding the Garrisons, it seems they are trying to go back to old school Warcraft 1,2, and 3. I'm wondering if this is Bizz early attempt to wing players off WOW back to a Warcraft model, perhaps Warcraft 4 on this new planet when this expan. is over? What do you guys think??
100 Human Paladin
Someone actually brought this idea up durring the Q&A at Blizzcon OP, so they're aware of this idea.
DEV's YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS to this!!!!!
95 Undead Rogue
So, nearly everyone has those alts who you have gotten to 90 just for professions or are former mains/leveling projects. What if these were included into your garrison as NPC's? All your same faction alts can wander around your garrison doing their own things.

Your death knight could be in the inn. A hunter tending to his pets. A warrior training new recruits, or sparring with a training dummy. Your mage studying over a glass of ale in a tower. A druid caring for the garden.

Even if they added no bonus, it would make for great aesthetics to see that your characters aren't sitting around and are enjoying themselves even while you aren't playing them.
Generally good idea. I like.

Now to play Devil's Advocate (yeah, I know, but work with me...).

If they implement this, you KNOW that some people will start screaming for those alts to get some benefit from it, even though they're not being played; exp for for the Herbalist tending the garden and harvesting the crops, that sort of thing. Somewhere someone will think this a wonderful idea and then we'll be having arguments over those ideas like we're currently having over flying... long, senseless diatribes over something that could have been avoided. If it has no other purpose than "color" or "atmosphere", is instuted with that as a known limit... and with the understanding that it will never become anything more than that, then I'm all for it. But without that absolute limit, I'm afraid for the future.
I'd love to see all my 90's troll walking around. Except my pally, he's a Tauren. but every other class is a troll. and it would be badass.
92 Tauren Death Knight
My 2 cents. This is an amazing idea. please make it happen
90 Orc Shaman
+ rep
100 Pandaren Monk
I'd love to see all my 90's troll walking around. Except my pally, he's a Tauren. but every other class is a troll. and it would be badass.

Bonus points if they allow racial themes. Trolls trolling around a troll village getting trolled on trollweed.

Trollweed is, of course, the new Golden Lotus.
90 Gnome Priest
Love it.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree to this idea
100 Human Paladin
Jumping into this thread kind of late but I wanted to add my voice to those who think the OP has a brilliant idea.

Would be cool to see my toons as NPCs walking around my Garrison. I would be giddy if Kez could sit down with my dwarf warrior Malarak at my Inn and share a couple pints of ale.

How freaking cool would that be!

Think about it Blizz. You know you love this!
90 Draenei Warrior
This would be awesome, but i think they should only appear if you log out your alt in the garrison. If you log out in stormwind then your alt shouldn't appear in the garrison
... i would also like to have a sleep option... i haven't ever seen my character sleep i would like to see my character be able to get in under the covers and take a nap
90 Draenei Warrior
This would be awesome, but i think they should only appear if you log out your alt in the garrison. If you log out in stormwind then your alt shouldn't appear in the garrison
... i would also like to have a sleep option... i haven't ever seen my character sleep i would like to see my character be able to get in under the covers and take a nap
92 Undead Priest
My current project is leveling 11 alts together. They aren't allow to get more than 10 levels ahead of each other (well, in theory. I have a couple of side plans going on) and all of their professions compliment each other.

Although I am just now in the middle of BC (I have 4 toons Wrath ready), I am overly excited with the prospect of having 11 farms all up and running.

I just hope 11 Garrisons aren't quite as "grindy" as the farm was (I know, it's not grindy if you just pick a couple of toons...but you know what I mean.).

I'm also not sure how I would feel about having 1 Garrison that leveled faster because I have 11 toons working on it. That part kinda seems unfair.

I guess I should have read what Dicekey said...but yea....I'm really just happy they are putting them in. The farm is a blast.

(I mean, I did end up deleting a toon and turning on my old account and moving a toon that had all the toys over to the new account...once I heard that toys become usable across all toons. She's even a 90, so she kinda broke the rules. I also deleted a DK, but since it was only 60, I just ended up making a new one..but he's only at 58. HOWEVER...it still stands that these guys are gonna be a set with their own story lines and lives.)
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I would like to see Blizz implement this. Just being able to see our characters walking around a garrison in all their xmogs would be awesome. Especially considering there are some people out there who have put a hell of a lot of time and effort into their toons.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]