How do you guys keybind Hands?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't have a special mouse or anything and only so many fingers, but I figure that most of you guys have ways of getting to your Hand spells without pointing and clicking. Pretty much everything west of Y, H, and B are taken by different abilities on my keyboard, so I just wanted to ask, how do you guys do it? I play Prot/Ret, if that helps at all. Thanks for any help!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have them all bound into HealBot; saves macro space and targeting time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use f, for salvation. g, for sacrifice. h, for protection. and I believe freedom is on my naga.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Air
f, for salvation. g, for sacrifice. h, for protection

F is my hammer, g is for cleanse, H is for pvp window.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Step 1. Bind the following keys:

QWERTYU
ASDFGHJ
ZXCVBN

Step 2. Bind shift+ those keys

Step 3. Bind ctrl+ those keys

Viola, you have enough keybinds for everything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I put my hand spells on keybinds I can easily reach while moving - freedom is on shift+r (emancipate is r), and HoP/HoS are bound to t/shift+t. Salvation is 7, I think, because I only use it occasionally.
Reply Quote
Here's my setup if it helps at all. I play mostly holy, but this is the basic setup I use for all of my characters regardless of role. This is based mostly on what I'm comfortable with and keys I know I can hit accurately and quickly when needed.

W, A, S, D - movement. I also have shift+W/S/D/E/R/G set to assign raid markers since I don't generally need to do that in the middle of a fight, or if I do, it's usually only skull which is shift+S, and you don't ever want to backpeddle mid-fight anyway.

Q, E, R, T, Y
F, G, H
Z, X, C, V, B - core abilities and frequently used spells. Your index finger has the most dexterity (at least for most people), so your most common abilities should be on R/T/F/G/V/B
After that, for me, easiest to reach goes in order E > C > X > Q > Z, so place anything you will be hitting often on those.

1 through 5 are pretty reliable, but further away. This is where my less frequent abilities go like cooldowns (offensive or defensive).

6, 7 are a bit harder to hit accurately, but you can put long cd's or something like cleanse here. These two are optional though.

'alt' modifiers are what I prefer to use since there's rarely a reason to jump in raids, my thumb is free to hit 'alt' as needed. This is where I bind my utility spells like sacrifice, protection, freedom. Salv is such a rare thing for me I don't bother binding it. The easiest alt keys to hit for me are T, G, F, Q and E. To do this, you just need this macro:
"/cast [mod:alt] Spell#1; Spell#2"

Hope this helps.
Edited by Kurzior on 11/12/2013 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Mouseover binds via the addon Clique

Mousewheel up - Sac
Mousewheel down - rez
Mousewheel click - Lay On Hands
Shift+left click - Flash of Light
Shift+right click - Word of Glory
Ctrl+left click - Hand of Freedom
Shift Mousewheel click - hand of Protection
Naga Button 1 - Salv
Naga Button 2 - Hand of Purity(if spec into it)
Naga Button 3 - Cleanse
Naga button 4 - Execution Sentence(to use it as a heal)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/OririDd.jpg
This is the picture i took for my Holy Paladin Guide! Thread
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10497379887

I bind all of my spells, i bind what is comfortable to me. I do use a razer naga 2014, so "N1-N9, Y,O,U" are my keys from my mouse.
I use
Q,E,R,T,S,F,G,Z,X,C,V, Shift+1, S+2, S+3, S+4, F1, ,F2, F3, F4.

Then i use those plus Shift.

I use 1-5 to target party members and i use the default blizzard raid frames as i dislike using addons to heal.
Edited by Alphönce on 11/12/2013 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I use alt F, C, V and B with mouseovers.

Although if I did arenas I would prob macro them to specific players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I use key bindings and even changed my movement keys to number pad for more buttons and to make it easier using a keyboard, but I like grog's way it might be better for you 1 click on yourself or party and you keep current target very efficient.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mouse wheel up for freedom. Mouse wheel down for DA. Mouse wheel click for either SS or flash heal depending on fight. And i use Vuhdo for the rest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hand of Freedom: Ctrl + mouse button
(I like this one because the mouse button bound is the upper mouse button, or the forward mouse button on the side by my thumb. So when I want to move forward I hit ctrl + forward mouse button. Clever huh? Okay I'm done...)

Hand of Protection is 2, divine shield is 3. However I have them on the second action bar (the one where you have to shift + scroll wheel to access) I've never had an issue doing it like this since normally when I cast these spells I have to think before I do anyway.

Divine Protection, alt+1, hand of sacrifice alt+2 (for almost all of my toons these are the keybinds I use for damage mitigation spells. Druid's barkskin, shamans one spells that reduces damage taken, etc).

That's about it right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't have a special mouse or anything and only so many fingers, but I figure that most of you guys have ways of getting to your Hand spells without pointing and clicking. Pretty much everything west of Y, H, and B are taken by different abilities on my keyboard, so I just wanted to ask, how do you guys do it? I play Prot/Ret, if that helps at all. Thanks for any help!

Drop $99 on a Razer Naga.

Use it for two weeks.

You'll never go back to keybinds or pointing and clicking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Drop $99 on a Razer Naga.

Use it for two weeks.

You'll never go back to keybinds or pointing and clicking.

But... But...

I use both the mouse and the keybinds :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1 - Divine Light
2 - Flash of Light
3 - Eternal Flame
4 - Holy Shock
5 - Holy Prism

Q - Freedom
Shift Q - Protection
C - Sacrifice

X - Cleanse
E - Hammer of Wrath
F - HoJ
Shift F - Divine Shield
V - Speed of Light

Ctrl R - Avenging wrath
Ctrl T - Divine Favor
Shift R - Devotion Aura
Shift T - Guardian
Edited by Munzo on 11/13/2013 7:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KGB
Use multi macros.

This way one key can be 3 different things via its macro.

Modifier keys can augment the use of said key and its function will be different because of that.

Here is an example:

/cast [modifier:shift] spellX;
/cast [modifier:ctrl] spellY;
/cast [modifier:alt] spellZ;

Where X, Y, and Z = Protection, Sacrafice, Freedom all with one button.

You can add mouse over function too this as well making things extremely easy to use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't play in awhile, and i'm still thinking which spells should i keybind to which button, since i got 7 toons to keybind...This might give you an idea

WASD - Back pedal key is fine for pve in some situation, like backing up when too close to mobs, as long you don't keyboard turn you wouldn't get a arrow indicator above you.

F1 -F4 - Any 1 to 3 minute CD spell

1 - Exorcism
2 - Crusader strike
3 - Judgement
4 - Execution sentence
5 - Avenging wrath
6 - Guardian

Q - Templar's verdict
E - Hammer of wrath
R - Hammer of righteous
T - Divine storm
F - Divine shield or number pad
G -
Mouse wheel up - Inq/speed of light
middle mouse - Fist of justice
mouse wheel down - Rebuke

Razer naga numb 1-9: ???
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My keybinds are as follows:

QERTYUZXCVBN = Cooldowns and Heals (all set to one bar, which I keep above the others and slightly larger so that I can see them easier).

(Specifically:
Q = Eternal Flame (Word of Glory)
E = Flash of Light
R = Holy Avenger
T = Fist of Justice
Y = Avenging Wrath
U = Lay on Hands
Z = Divine Shield
X = Divine Protection
C = Devotion Aura
V = Ardent Defender
B = Guardian of Ancient Kings
N = Hand of Freedom)

12345678SFGH = Primary attack keys

(Specifically:
1 = Holy Wrath
2 = Avenger's Shield
3 = Judgment
4 = Hammer of Righteousness
5 = Crusader Strike
6 = Shield of the Righteous
7 = Hammer of Wrath
8 = Holy Prism
S = Consecrate
F = Rebuke
G = Arcane Torrent
H = Turn Evil)

Shift + 1234567SVFGH = Auxiliary Powers

(Specifically:
S1 = Macro Focus Target
S2 = Reckoning (Taunt)
S3 = Hand of Protection
S4 = Hand of Salvation
S5 = Hand of Sacrifice
S6 = Summon Ground Mount
S7 = Summon Flying Mount
SS = Speed of Light
SV = Blinding Light
SF = Cleanse
SG = Trinket 1
SH = Trinket 2)

Control + 1234 = Auras

(Specifically:
C1 = Blessing of Kings
C2 = Blessing of Might
C3 = Unassigned
C4 = Unassigned)

F1 - F4 = Seals

(Specifically:
F1 = Seal of Truth
F2 = Seal of Insight
F3 = Seal of Righteousness
F4 = Unassigned)

I use these keybinds for every character I play, keeping them generally the same. For example:

Q is always my quick heal, E is always a cast heal. S2 is always a taunt, F is always my interrupt, S is always my AoE spell, F1 - F4 are always my stances/shields/seals,etc. It makes it very easy for me to switch between characters, since the general key layout is the same for all of them.

Also, you'll notice I don't have W, A or D keybound. That's because I keep them for movement, W = Step Foward, A = Strafe Left, D = Strafe Right. This way I can use both mouse buttons + A or D to move around and strafe side to side and use W to move forward when I'm using the mouse to target and/or click on objects.
Edited by Syllaeus on 11/14/2013 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]