Rets Need RBG Viability

90 Tauren Paladin
Please please please give rets a tool that makes them desirable for RBGs.

Please.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
It's called Holy Paladin
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm not a healer, and shouldn't be forced to be a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Teams don't want Rets cause they are the garbage spec of wow. Any other melee class is more desired. If Blizz ever fixed this garbage spec then the Ret population would double and it's already one of the top populated classes. They don't want that and know you will put up with all their neglect.

So Ghostcrawler can keep buffing warriors, Mages and DKs and give us nothing any RBG leader wants. Ghostcrawler says we are fine but every RBG leaders knows Ret is garbage. Too bad Ghostcrawler isn't an RBg leader
Edited by Agincourt on 11/9/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/09/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Agincourt
Teams don't want Rets cause they are the garbage spec of wow.

It's ok Agin, no matter how bad ret is, your gold will always be welcomed
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
There isn't a compelling reason for ret to be on a RBG team. They tried to help the spec out with hand of sacrifice dispelling magic but it wasn't enough.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
"For the Light" - Envelops all friendly characters within 40 yards in holy light, preventing the application of any magic effects for 3 seconds. 30 second cd.

Something simple like this could help, but it's a rough example.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"For the Light" - Envelops all friendly characters within 40 yards in holy light, preventing the application of any magic effects for 3 seconds. 30 second cd.

That's way to overpowered. Then everyone would stack rets and those teams would destroy basically every comp in the game except for people who stack warriors now.

Ret's won't be made viable overnight, and they are viable in arena. Good rets are always viable in good RBG teams. If you are having trouble trying to get into RBG groups, you should either host your own, or find a good team who likes you and wants you over the class. Bring the player, not the class.

Personally, i don't want Rets in my RBGs cause i'm a holy paladin and melee suck in general for RBGs. But, that's just me. I'm all for game balance and allowing specs like ret and enhance to become a viable option, but we'll need some pretty big changes for ANY MELEE to be better than bringing raned.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

That's way to overpowered. Then everyone would stack rets and those teams would destroy basically every comp in the game except for people who stack warriors now.

Ret's won't be made viable overnight, and they are viable in arena. Good rets are always viable in good RBG teams. If you are having trouble trying to get into RBG groups, you should either host your own, or find a good team who likes you and wants you over the class. Bring the player, not the class.

Personally, i don't want Rets in my RBGs cause i'm a holy paladin and melee suck in general for RBGs. But, that's just me. I'm all for game balance and allowing specs like ret and enhance to become a viable option, but we'll need some pretty big changes for ANY MELEE to be better than bringing raned.

THAT'S NOT just you, that's EVERYONE. I have Arena Master, Battlemaster, and 2400 3v3 achievements and RBG groups WILL NOT take a ret.

To say that I have to host my own RBGs in order to do them is bad game design period. If a blue said that about any class anywhere in the forums there would be outrage. I'm not saying that my idea should be implemented, I'm saying that rets NEED something along those lines for them to be desired in a large group setting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
THAT'S NOT just you, that's EVERYONE. I have Arena Master, Battlemaster, and 2400 3v3 achievements and RBG groups WILL NOT take a ret.

To say that I have to host my own RBGs in order to do them is bad game design period. If a blue said that about any class anywhere in the forums there would be outrage. I'm not saying that my idea should be implemented, I'm saying that rets NEED something along those lines for them to be desired in a large group setting.

When i'm not on my hpally, ill run with a ret friend of mine here and there. Now, it's lower mmr RBGs, so that's a different story. I don't really want to say anything else other than the only pain i feel is trying to get in a group and them already having 2 other hpallies.

Never played a class / spec that was not in supply in demand except rdruids during cata season when boomy was the only way to get it.

Sometimes, you just have to host an RBG to get stuff done. I'm not saying that you HAVE too just to do content, but sometimes, it's literally the only way SPECIFICALLY because of how our community is.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I think most people have the wrong idea. Rets are viable and VERY helpful if they prioritize their teamates performance over their own.
They can keep uptime for their melee teamates via freedoms and sacs.
They can prevent teamates dying via offheals, freedoms , sacs, bops, and keeping weakened blows on all enemy melee.

They are just not very desirable because most rets don't play the class to their fullest and most teamates/leaders won't even notice 70% of the clutch utility plays they bring to the table because they aren't quantifiable in damage, kills or heals.

The only buff i would give to make them more desirable is to give freedoms the ability to remove stuns once again.

Thats my 2 cents
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
11/09/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Agincourt
Teams don't want Rets cause they are the garbage spec of wow. Any other melee class is more desired. If Blizz ever fixed this garbage spec then the Ret population would double and it's already one of the top populated classes. They don't want that and know you will put up with all their neglect.

So Ghostcrawler can keep buffing warriors, Mages and DKs and give us nothing any RBG leader wants. Ghostcrawler says we are fine but every RBG leaders knows Ret is garbage. Too bad Ghostcrawler isn't an RBg leader

I thought you were to ashamed to show your face around here after everyone (Including myself) pointed out that you paid for your rbgs ratings like the scum sucking bottom feeder that you are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Yes, Goshtcrawler fully understands the mess he has created for Ret and doesn't care. In fact, every year he makes a public comment/joke about nerfing Ret, then he does it

-People that play Ret are the most loyal to their class in the game. He knows they will either always play ret or keep one in their closet.

-Since Ret is one of the most played classes he knows any real positive change would dramatically increase the Ret population and he doesn't want that

So we will continue to be unbuffed and unwanted unless we can call targets or run our own RBG. He will continue to Buff Warriors, DKs and Mages. Ret will continue to be the joke of wow .

I find it funny that his apologists that about how we are fine it's just everyone else is OP. That once Blizz nerfs them that everything will be OK. So, the nerf comes to those classes and he buffs other classes to OP. But the classes he truly buffs is never Ret. In the end we are the worst class for RBGs and 1v1. And Ghostcralwer makes a joke of it
Edited by Agincourt on 11/10/2013 7:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please please please give rets a tool that makes them desirable for RBGs.

Please.

Hey Brizz !@#$ mate, like seriously, Ret shouldn't be viable for large group play, ordered by Lobster and his supporters in the pally forums, it just can't be done apparently, your just asking for too much mate.
I mean just %^-* and pay your $15 a month, and just screw around in randoms and work exceptionally hard to get upto 1800 rating while warriors or any other overbuffed FoM class that Blizzard deems necessary to keep the kiddies occupied for a few more months pans out.

That's just the way it is mate, deal with it. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think most people have the wrong idea. Rets are viable and VERY helpful if they prioritize their teamates performance over their own.
They can keep uptime for their melee teamates via freedoms and sacs.
They can prevent teamates dying via offheals, freedoms , sacs, bops, and keeping weakened blows on all enemy melee.

They are just not very desirable because most rets don't play the class to their fullest and most teamates/leaders won't even notice 70% of the clutch utility plays they bring to the table because they aren't quantifiable in damage, kills or heals.

The only buff i would give to make them more desirable is to give freedoms the ability to remove stuns once again.

Thats my 2 cents

Regardless of what you think, in reality, Retribution paladins even at low MMR RBGs are scorned and not even remotely considered over stacking FoM or the core ranged/cc classes, that's reality, and in large group play, that's poor game design fullstop, it shouldn't be the case, everyone pays to play, yet cannot play the part of a the game they wish too due to poor class spec mechanics and overbuffing of other classes and the real HUGE sin here, the total screwup of excessive cc in the game because they've run out of other ideas, just destroy's hybrid viability from the getgo, that's the problem
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Regardless of what you think, in reality, Retribution paladins even at low MMR RBGs are scorned and not even remotely considered over stacking FoM or the core ranged/cc classes, that's reality, and in large group play, that's poor game design fullstop, it shouldn't be the case, everyone pays to play, yet cannot play the part of a the game they wish too due to poor class spec mechanics and overbuffing of other classes and the real HUGE sin here, the total screwup of excessive cc in the game because they've run out of other ideas, just destroy's hybrid viability from the getgo, that's the problem

Do you really wanna waste your time with a raidleader that is too dumb to see the TEAM benefits that a GOOD ret pally brings to his team anyways?

If i notice my ret is preventing deaths and keeping weakened blows up on all melee while helping our melee's uptime via freedoms and dispelling cc's on healers and doing everything he can to help us win. I am gonna take that ret over some damage bot class that is tunneling for big numbers. There's always room for 1 amazing ret on rbg teams. Sadly most rets just have no clue how to use their class and just qq.

They throw zero heals on their team have zero dispels(sacs) use freedoms only on themselves, have no clue how to taunt pets off teamates to keep up HP while on the move (while helping to peel).

HoP (BoP) was never off cd once and totally oblivious to paralytic poisons stacks and the fact they can prevent alot of random 4 second stuns on teamates just by cleansing at 3 stacks. I bet half the rets didn't even know what weakened blows was till blizz BUFFED rets by putting it on CS. (but you can still give it to their ENTIRE melee train PETS AND ALL) with 1 gcd in HoR.
That giving your entire team 10% less damage from ALL their melee.

They get booted from their group and go qq on these forums instead of actually maybe just maybe learning their class and explaining to those idiot RBG leaders why and how they will help their team win.

Rets can literally do EVERYTHING .. not well ... but they can do everything. Jack of all trades master of none.

1 Ret can slow and entire mounted entourage by simply judging(your gonna glyph it) and swapping seals.

1 Ret can waste soooo enemy interrupts in a match if they maybe put some thought into their timing on devotion aura.

TLDR

It takes a genius apparently to play a ret well and a even bigger genius RBG leader to recognize whether their ret is doing their job or not.

Its not the class its the players that make ret not viable.

The only buff i would ask for is freedom to remove stuns again.....not a damage buff ... another powerful utility that can make or break a match.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Do you really wanna waste your time with a raidleader that is too dumb to see the TEAM benefits that a GOOD ret pally brings to his team anyways?

If i notice my ret is preventing deaths and keeping weakened blows up on all melee while helping our melee's uptime via freedoms and dispelling cc's on healers and doing everything he can to help us win. I am gonna take that ret over some damage bot class that is tunneling for big numbers. There's always room for 1 amazing ret on rbg teams. Sadly most rets just have no clue how to use their class and just qq.

They throw zero heals on their team have zero dispels(sacs) use freedoms only on themselves, have no clue how to taunt pets off teamates to keep up HP while on the move (while helping to peel).

HoP (BoP) was never off cd once and totally oblivious to paralytic poisons stacks and the fact they can prevent alot of random 4 second stuns on teamates just by cleansing at 3 stacks. I bet half the rets didn't even know what weakened blows was till blizz BUFFED rets by putting it on CS. (but you can still give it to their ENTIRE melee train PETS AND ALL) with 1 gcd in HoR.
That giving your entire team 10% less damage from ALL their melee.

They get booted from their group and go qq on these forums instead of actually maybe just maybe learning their class and explaining to those idiot RBG leaders why and how they will help their team win.

Rets can literally do EVERYTHING .. not well ... but they can do everything. Jack of all trades master of none.

1 Ret can slow and entire mounted entourage by simply judging(your gonna glyph it) and swapping seals.

1 Ret can waste soooo enemy interrupts in a match if they maybe put some thought into their timing on devotion aura.

TLDR

It takes a genius apparently to play a ret well and a even bigger genius RBG leader to recognize whether their ret is doing their job or not.

Its not the class its the players that make ret not viable.

The only buff i would ask for is freedom to remove stuns again.....not a damage buff ... another powerful utility that can make or break a match.

well i would take a dk, mage, warlock, rogue, or any other class but ret,, freedom is a good thing but another scary dps instead of freedom is way better, i played paladin since first day wow came out and to be honest today is the poor class ever. in TBC i was like god even if other people where saying ret paladins where a poor class back then.

as healer it is the worst class in pvp too, me and my brother played all healing clases and my experience as most of the people is, Holy paladins are worst then any other healing class, but hey we are talking about ret paladins, i can tell you this, What is the most easy class to kill?
every time i get in arenas most of the time people focus on me, why? because i give help to my team? i don´t think so.

as healer in my monk geting hit by two wars and 1 pally keepng uptime on those two warrs is less scary than two warrs and another dps class , ..

it does not matter if paladins are here to help uptime or team Survival, even that it is much better to get another dps class, a mage could do more, a warlock could do more, a dk could do more, any class can get you in more troubles. any class can help uptime more than paladin, and any class can help you more in survivability if you think of that.

where is the paladin now? when we talk about helping your teammates other classes will help more putting the paladin in a bad position.

I laugh when I see people saying Paladins are here to assist, trying to talk about balance and justifying the reason for each class so for now this class should be named assistant not paladin any more.
Edited by Ccthehealer on 11/11/2013 6:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
RBGs dont take rets because holy offers the main desirable abilities. Stuns, BoP, freedom, HoS, repententence, turn evil. eg. holy can do all of this PLUS heal, annndddd stay alive for alot longer than rets can.

Also Rets have garbage defence atm. Once bubble is down they are sitting ducks and ezy kills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]