WoD; Play Holy in Ret gear.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
From MMO Champion:

"Secondary and tertiary stats will stay the same, but primary stats on armor will change for your spec. This system is still in development, so details will change before it is live."

Finally. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

I'm sure Druids and Shamans are pretty stoked too.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
And no more dealing with Raid-finder scrubs that never understood how Retribution gear = Protection gear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Feel bad for pures...kinda
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
More bagspace for errybody!

I'm assuming two sets of armor will still be needed.

Regardless of whether or not your gear changes with your spec you're still going to want different gems and enchants, whatever few remain, when you're in your other spec.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
While you may swap out some pieces for holy to hit certain breakpoints, etc, I can see how this allows people to maintain mostly similar armor sets, maybe swapping out jewelry/trinkets/etc. This will be specifically amazing for those that are Ret/Prot, and allow them to do both in the same gear set, which will make swapping tanks in and out (say if your tank has to miss a night) much more bearable.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm fine with having to get separate weapons, trinkets, and even jewelry. But the idea of being able to switch out 2/3 your gear on the fly seems pretty epic.

Keep in mind they're removing reforging in WoD. Chances are we'll be holding on to a majority of the items we'll find just for the different stats. We'll probably have a worse situation with gear and our bags then before. Here are my cleave boots, my single target DPS boots, my tanking HP absorb boots, my healing boots, etc etc. At least the stats will offer more flavor.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
And no more dealing with Raid-finder scrubs that never understood how Retribution gear = Protection gear.
Except that it's only primary stats that change with spec, secondaries stay the same. So this change doesn't really affect the "tank in dps gear" situation at all.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm excited that Hit and Expertise will be gone though. Reforging being gone seems pretty cool too. Gear will actually be gear again.

I'm assuming they will get rid of the old item leveling system too. I can't see them moving in this direction and keeping it, as it goes against the whole model of gearing they are working toward. Hopefully they'll find another interesting way for us to spend Valor.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Loot Drama. Holy, Prot and Ret all competing for every piece of gear. I am not looking forward to it. I can see issues where you have a fully geared bis Holy Paladin going DPS over a dedicated DPS that does not have all the items yet, simply because his gear would be BIS for all 3 specs. Unless i am way off base on my understanding of what they want to implement, this is gonna cause nothin but drama.
Edited by Woa on 11/10/2013 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm fine with having to get separate weapons, trinkets, and even jewelry. But the idea of being able to switch out 2/3 your gear on the fly seems pretty epic.

Keep in mind they're removing reforging in WoD. Chances are we'll be holding on to a majority of the items we'll find just for the different stats. We'll probably have a worse situation with gear and our bags then before. Here are my cleave boots, my single target DPS boots, my tanking HP absorb boots, my healing boots, etc etc. At least the stats will offer more flavor.

I think your right, its going to be like farming resist gear all over again.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Loot Drama. Holy, Prot and Ret all competing for every piece of gear. I am not looking forward to it. I can see issues where you have a fully geared bis Holy Paladin going DPS over a dedicated DPS that does not have all the items yet, simply because his gear would be BIS for all 3 specs. Unless i am way off base on my understanding of what they want to implement, this is gonna cause nothin but drama.

Loot drama is almost entirely based on how your raid/group handles giving out loot. This actually removes the "well crap, no one in our group uses caster leather" type situations, as long as you have at least one of each of the four armor types. Furthermore, since everything through heroic (current normal) is Flex, I won't be surprised if everything short of Mythic gives individual loot anyways.

I'm assuming they will get rid of the old item leveling system too. I can't see them moving in this direction and keeping it, as it goes against the whole model of gearing they are working toward. Hopefully they'll find another interesting way for us to spend Valor.

I'm about 95% sure I read somewhere that they will be removing that too, but I can't find a source at the moment, so don't hunt me down if I'm wrong!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
More bagspace for errybody!

Less bag space for errybody!
You could have up to 5-6 different pieces for each slot if you play multiple specs.

Hopefully they'll find another interesting way for us to spend Valor.

What I would like to see is possibly "Use X valor to add +Y tertiary stat"

11/10/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Ujili
This actually removes the "well crap, no one in our group uses caster leather" type situations, as long as you have at least one of each of the four armor types.

In 25man, this is a rare issue; so rare that if no one uses it.. oh well shard for gbank, no one cares.

Blizzard : How can we make people gear slower so we get more money?
Blizzard : Give 1 item that will work for every spec of their armour class!

Majority : YES!

Me : No.

IMO this doesn't even fix anything, in the higher end of raiding you're still going to want optimal secondary stats, so you will still need multiple sets of gear - eg. Haste plate, will not work for a Mastery build Holy paladin. SPIRIT is a secondary stat, so plate SPIRIT gear is still going to be only useful for Holy Paladins; nothing is resolved.
Or
As I understand Avoidance is a secondary stat, so If you plan to play Prot/Ret you will still need more than 1 set of gear. These kind of problems also affect pure dps classes and get even worse when you involve druids.

While I am pleased that Hit and Expertise caps are gone, as most of you probably are. I for one am not happy that they completely scrapped reforging...

Vote "NO" on Armour Equality

I could go on forever about changes that I strongly dislike that were announced for WoD but I'll find the applicable threads for that :3

Edit 1: Quotes
Edit 2: hit/exp/reforge
Edit 3: spirit
Edited by Filfa on 11/10/2013 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Furthermore, since everything through heroic (current normal) is Flex, I won't be surprised if everything short of Mythic gives individual loot anyways.
They've actually said that in WoD LFR will be the ONLY difficulty that still uses individual loot. Everything else will use traditional loot drops.

Also, I don't see a reason they would get rid of the valor point upgrade system. It's not really related to reforging. Even with all the new gear/stat announcements, ilevel will still be a thing, so higher ilevel will still be better than lower ilevel. In fact, with the removal of hit/exp and reforging to make us dance around exactly how much of something we have, ilevel boosts will became more simplistic as they'll just be a little boost on your gear that won't make you have to change everything else. Heck I'd be willing to bet we'll continue to see the thunder/warforged system too.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
So we haven't even seen an actual sample of how gear will work, and everybody is already get mad and rallying against it?

Seriously guys, chill out. This could help people who switch roles not have to carry gear, though it may or may not be ideal. But changes are coming regardless, so deal with it or get out. Stats come and go (looking at you, armor and spell penetration, MP5, resists, etc.); we'll survive.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
One set of gear for all three specs? I are approve, it's a pain in the butt to run everything again to gear your offspec.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Simple solution: Make the new tertiary stats such as avoidance, lifesteal, cleave etc. tied to the few pieces that are spec specific (cloak, rings, neck, trinks, weapons).

Problem. Solved.
You can all go home now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Simple solution: Make the new tertiary stats such as avoidance, lifesteal, cleave etc. tied to the few pieces that are spec specific (cloak, rings, neck, trinks, weapons).

Problem. Solved.
You can all go home now.

Problem not solved, you don't even Paladin. Leave.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I'm happy about the bag space and how easy things will be.

I'm sad I wont have two transmogged sets to swap between.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
First haste and mastery are the two best stats for both ret and prot... avoidance is useless and no longer exists in 6.0. This means the only difference between ret and prot gear will be weapons/trinkets in 6.0 (possible the tertiary stats).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]