The good side of Mythic 20man

100 Night Elf Warrior
I know there is currently a lot of talk about how bad of an idea Mythic 20man is.

But I want to give me a shoutout to Blizzard for making a very tough decision, for the long term health of the game, And to all the hardcore raiders, just think of how much potential there is for new Encounters.

There is litterally limitless potential for new interesting mechanics where we arent forced to consider 11 classes with 10 spots.
100 Human Rogue
I agree this will overall be good for the game. Having 1 unified format to balance around will be much better than having to try to tune fights to 2 different sizes.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Maybe 20 man won't be the lag fest 25 man currently is because of their combat logs/smart heals/legendary cloak/(insert any other excuse).

Hope that isn't one of the epic things we'll be able to enjoy in 6.0.

edit: and yes i raided 25 man this expac. Hope they can make it right and make interesting encounters.
Edited by Harpoa on 11/11/2013 8:28 AM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
But I want to give me a shoutout to Blizzard for making a very tough decision, for the long term health of the game, And to all the hardcore raiders, just think of how much potential there is for new Encounters.

I'm not convinced that making high-end raiding harder to get into is good for the long-term health of the game.

As for the potential, I'll believe it when I see. Or if I see it.
100 Night Elf Warrior
I actually think the opposite because of the following reasoning.

Since all the raiding modes are flexible, you will start raiding with your 10 man on Heroic (Normal) when the expansion start and lets say with your bench, the first week you have 13 players.

The second week, you find 3 more players in to recruit from collpasing 10mans. You raid with 16 players, you still do not need to sit ANYONE on the bench, everybody can raid.

Third week , you are now 8/10 heroic (Normal) because the process of gearing up is making the whol progress slower and you are not raiding with 21 players.

Finally when you clear everything in heroic (Normal) you have 23 players and you mention to your guild that next week, you will try Mythic Mode!
100 Human Rogue
Yeah, I don't see how doubling the minimum number of required people makes hardcore raiding harder to get into.
I actually think the opposite because of the following reasoning.

Since all the raiding modes are flexible, you will start raiding with your 10 man on Heroic (Normal) when the expansion start and lets say with your bench, the first week you have 13 players.

The second week, you find 3 more players in to recruit from collpasing 10mans. You raid with 16 players, you still do not need to sit ANYONE on the bench, everybody can raid.

Third week , you are now 8/10 heroic (Normal) because the process of gearing up is making the whol progress slower and you are not raiding with 21 players.

Finally when you clear everything in heroic (Normal) you have 23 players and you mention to your guild that next week, you will try Mythic Mode!

it doesn't work that way. Considering they have 10-25 flex normal/heroic versions anyway, is mythic going to be completely unrecognizable from the original encounter because we need to add class specific mechanics, since mythic is gud.
Edited by Venomheart on 11/11/2013 8:45 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah, I don't see how doubling the minimum number of required people makes hardcore raiding harder to get into.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Due to 1/3 of the current guilds disolving mostly. Raiding numbers have been in decline over the past few years. Less guilds means less overall room.

edit: like i said before 100,000 new people are not showing up to fill the spots.
Edited by Harpoa on 11/11/2013 8:51 AM PST
11/11/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Vinceypoo

I thought the person was being sarcastic, cause EVERYONE should be able to see why adding # of people required makes things difficult.

If it's soloable, you can do it at will, without needing to wait for other people. The more people you add, the more complex it becomes. Not only in communication, but scheduling as well.
100 Human Rogue
Due to 1/3 of the current guilds disolving mostly. Raiding numbers have been in decline over the past few years. Less guilds means less overall room.

If you reduce the number of guilds by 1/3 and double the size of existing 10 mans you still have more spots. #math
100 Human Rogue
If it's soloable, you can do it at will, without needing to wait for other people. The more people you add, the more complex it becomes. Not only in communication, but scheduling as well.

I didn't say that the raiding itself would be easier (it won't be). I said it would be easier to get into due to more spots existing.

EDIT: and again we are talking specifically at the top end. The top end of raiders will make time to raid, just like they always have.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 11/11/2013 8:56 AM PST
11/11/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Ninjablaze

I didn't say that the raiding itself would be easier (it won't be). I said it would be easier to get into due to more spots existing.

.......... you do realize how these spots came to be right? It takes a group of 20 people to AGREE to raid at the exact same time.

Finding 10 people that agree to raid at the exact same time, is easier than finding 20 people.

If 20 man raiding is easier to get into than 10 man raiding, then 5 mans must be really hard to come by. Cause you know, there's only 5 spots.
Edited by Venomheart on 11/11/2013 8:59 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
11/11/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Ninjablaze

If you reduce the number of guilds by 1/3 and double the size of existing 10 mans you still have more spots. #math

And then you realize a large number do not have computers to handle 20 man, many prefer 10 man social aspect, many are going to be spread on dead servers with no $ for transfers, many will just quit as they won't be able to raid in the environment they like

#variables
90 Pandaren Shaman

Was actually going for a 1/3 of all guilds including 25. You guys just absorbed some people from another 25. They are still disappearing. Raiding as a whole has been in decline for years.
90 Pandaren Priest
It will be easier to find a mediocre guild. It will be in no way shape or form be easier to get into hardcore raiding.
100 Human Priest
The best about Mythic 20m, no more thread about "10 vs. 25."
100 Pandaren Hunter
Harder? Yes. Hard? Well there's plenty of 25m guilds who manage to do it.

Connected servers will help. Even if you get connected to awful raiding servers, the fact that you are on a large server will make it so much easier to recruit cross realm. If people are looking for a specific raiding environment/time they'll be willing to pay their own way to transfer over. About the only thing people won't transfer to is a dead realm. Dead realms are dead.

One thing I highly recommend to 10m groups: start looking now for someone you know who likes recruiting, multiple people preferrably so it doesnt seem like such a daunting task. I'd also get some recruiting guidelines made up.
Edited by Beloq on 11/11/2013 9:08 AM PST
100 Human Rogue
Finding 10 people that agree to raid at the exact same time, is easier than finding 20 people.

It sure is. Do note however that this still doesn't make it hard to find 20.

If 20 man raiding is easier to get into than 10 man raiding, then 5 mans must be really hard to come by. Cause you know, there's only 5 spots.

We'd never know since all we gotta do is press the que button!

Was actually going for a 1/3 of all guilds including 25. You guys just absorbed some people from another 25. They are still disappearing. Raiding as a whole has been in decline for years.

Why would this change have any impact on 25 mans? All we are doing is cutting our bottom 5 players which then once again join the pool of available players for newly formed mythic guilds.
100 Draenei Shaman

Not sure if serious.

So you think it would be no harder for your guild to build and maintain a ~60-70 man roster of the same caliber of players as your current ~30-35 (I'm assuming) roster?

If you don't think doubling the minimum number makes it any harder at all, then what factor of increase would?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]