The good side of Mythic 20man

100 Human Rogue
Lets be honest here, we do not live in a perfect world, any guilds has players who are ever so slightly worse than others. its a fact, even Blood Legion. The only difference is that a blood legion baddy could probably still kick my !@#.

It's true. Rigg tweeted right after the announcement he already has his list of 5 to start packing.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
It's true. Rigg tweeted right after the announcement he already has his list of 5 to start packing.

Remember, 10 mans wouldn't want his garbage
90 Troll Druid
I actually think the opposite because of the following reasoning.

Since all the raiding modes are flexible, you will start raiding with your 10 man on Heroic (Normal) when the expansion start and lets say with your bench, the first week you have 13 players.

The second week, you find 3 more players in to recruit from collpasing 10mans. You raid with 16 players, you still do not need to sit ANYONE on the bench, everybody can raid.

Third week , you are now 8/10 heroic (Normal) because the process of gearing up is making the whol progress slower and you are not raiding with 21 players.

Finally when you clear everything in heroic (Normal) you have 23 players and you mention to your guild that next week, you will try Mythic Mode!

Yes, the heroic 10 man guild I'm in is definitely going to want to wait a month to start clearing the only raid difficulty we care about. I agree that one raid size is what's best for the game in the end but your recruitment scenario is just eyeroll-worthy.

Personally I blame the lack of community in 10 mans. You only have so many people to urge you to continue playing. In a 25 man (e.g. in my guild the other on my server) we have thriving communities within our guild and outside of it. Having 40 people chat in guild chat on a dying server the way it was in previous expansions for almost all guilds only enhances the experience and enjoyment of this game.

What the hell is a "lack of community in 10 mans" ? How can you speak to the dynamics of any guild you're not in?
Edited by Prunekin on 11/11/2013 10:07 AM PST
100 Dwarf Death Knight
What the hell is a "lack of community in 10 mans" ? How can you speak to the dynamics of any guild you're not in?

From the general outlook, 10 mans are generally hardcore isolationists
90 Troll Druid
11/11/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Azane

Ah yes, generalizing groups of people is usually the right way to go about things.
90 Troll Priest
11/11/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Azane

lol.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Ah yes, generalizing groups of people is usually the right way to go about things.

Is it even generalizing at this point? every single 10 man (this even includes top guilds) that's commented so far is tight knit, quitting the game and cant recruit.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/11/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Azane

Is it even generalizing at this point? every single 10 man (this even includes top guilds) that's commented so far is tight knit, quitting the game and cant recruit.

Depends on how much self-selection bias you think there is.

10-mans who are happy with the changes are less likely to post about it. But then not many people read / post on the forums anyway.
90 Troll Druid
11/11/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Azane

Is there something wrong with being tight knit? Having a tight knit group doesn't mean you can't talk to the other people. Recruiting 10 people is not an easy task, do you disagree with that?
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Is there something wrong with being tight knit? Having a tight knit group doesn't mean you can't talk to the other people. Recruiting 10 people is not an easy task, do you disagree with that?

I do not, I'm just admiring how unified this has made every 10 man all of a sudden.

10-mans who are happy with the changes are less likely to post about it. But then not many people read / post on the forums anyway.

I never liked the argument that forums don't matter, it's where almost all game design is drawn from and feedbacked from.
100 Human Rogue
Recruiting 10 people is not an easy task, do you disagree with that?

It depends on the time frame. Recruiting 10 people in week is certainly no easy task. Recruiting 10 people in a month isn't super hard, I'll go medium. Recruiting 10 people in 3+ months is laughably easy.
90 Draenei Paladin
I never liked the argument that forums don't matter, it's where almost all game design is drawn from and feedbacked from.

I didn't say they don't matter, I said that not many people read / post on them. Trying to assess what the average X is like from the forums is difficult to impossible, because it's not exactly a statistically reliable sample.
90 Troll Priest
11/11/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
Recruiting 10 people is not an easy task, do you disagree with that?

It depends on the time frame. Recruiting 10 people in week is certainly no easy task. Recruiting 10 people in a month isn't super hard, I'll go medium. Recruiting 10 people in 3+ months is laughably easy.

Recruiting 10 people for 3+ months who are willing to sit on a bench until WoD comes out is easy?

huh.
100 Human Rogue
Recruiting 10 people for 3+ months who are willing to sit on a bench until WoD comes out is easy?

ITT: 10 man raiders now have to learn to manage their roster!

No, if you sit them on the bench until the expansion comes out they won't and shouldn't stay.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/11/2013 10:31 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
ITT: 10 man raiders now have to learn to manage their roster!

ITT: 10-man raiders get reminded of why they like 10-man raiding.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

Before I changed Enclave to 25 man (pre August 21st 2012) we were 10 man heroic. I have the RECENT experience leading both and being in both.

And you're "what the hell" - I spent the entire novel long post explaining it. Maybe read it?
90 Troll Druid
Before I changed Enclave to 25 man (pre August 21st 2012) we were 10 man heroic. I have the RECENT experience leading both and being in both.

And you're "what the hell" - I spent the entire novel long post explaining it. Maybe read it?

Oh I didn't realize Enclave of Shattered Hand was also Good Work of Thrall, thanks for clearing that up. I did read your post and I felt it was so mind-boggling wrong that it wasn't humanely possible to respond.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Good Work of Thrall

What?

Edit - Don't forget that YOU asked me "How can you speak to the dynamics of any guild you're not in?". So please don't get upset when I answer your stupid question.

11/11/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Prunekin
mind-boggling wrong

Well you could start by showing me what exactly was wrong about what I had said? Let me ask you this then - do you truly believe that people see no need to stay in a guild because they could so easily start another one? That there are no barriers to entry?
Edited by Vinceypoo on 11/11/2013 10:50 AM PST
100 Human Priest
Funny thing at the end of the day, with all the smoke being blown around everywhere. It is simply Blizzard attempting to spend less money on a small subsection of the game.

This is basically the bottom line of all things.

For the same reason, LFR will NEVER go away.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]