Warlords of Draenor is missing a few things..

90 Gnome Mage
New character models so far are probably a mixed bag. I have my own concerns about how Gnome Males will turn out but I have heard and sympathized with several complaints by many about the state of their favorite models. We shall see how they do as more is revealed. Based on what they showed at the convention, I can say that they "were not prepared".

Garrisons are an interesting solution for player housing. At first it seemed as if they were promising we could place our base anywhere on Draenor. I'm glad they clarified it. The possibility of sending minions to get new recipes, new transmogrification gear and general loot, is interesting. Not enough detail was fleshed out to feel the warm fuzzy that these features will make it into production.

The quality of life improvements were appreciated. More details on how heirlooms as a collection will work would be interesting. Additional collections such as tier gear and recipes would be appreciated as future enhancements.

How about a release date estimate? We've heard their reasoning about not wanting to raise expectations prematurely. I don't agree with it. I work on multi-year projects all of the time and we can't get away with having a forecast for completion of any stage. Ultimately lack of news allows for the interest level to wane.

Finally, if there was no desire to bite off a new class or race, why not expand current race/class combinations. It was done in the not too recent past. I recognize there are cases of cognitive dissonance with some selections but there are races that have too few choices. Tauren could only be 4 out of the original 9. Gnomes were originally 4/9 as well but they are now only 7/11 (worst ratio of all races). Consider the cost of adding new class/race combos to Taurens and Gnomes. New starting zone trainers and ... a database update.

Here is what I would like to see in the future:
  • More details on everything they talked about within a month of blizzcon (Character models, Garrisons, Quality of Life improvements)
  • Come out with a date range for the release date (e.g. Xth quarter of 2014)
  • Add some low cost class/race combos where they are solely needed (e.g. Tauren mages, Gnome Paladins, Gnome Hunters, etc)

• I think these things would really fill out the package and make an already good offering, Blizzard quality.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    Here is what I would like to see in the future:
    More details on everything they talked about within a month of blizzcon (Character models, Garrisons, Quality of Life improvements)
    Come out with a date range for the release date (e.g. Xth quarter of 2014)
    Add some low cost class/race combos where they are solely needed (e.g. Tauren mages, Gnome Paladins, Gnome Hunters, etc)

1) We'll most likely start seeing a flood of information in the very near future.
    2)Can they get a beta starting estimate first?
    3)Only if they add Tauren rogues.
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Warrior

Finally, if there was no desire to bite off a new class or race, why not expand current race/class combinations. It was done in the not too recent past. I recognize there are cases of cognitive dissonance with some selections but there are races that have too few choices. Tauren could only be 4 out of the original 9. Gnomes were originally 4/9 as well but they are now only 7/11 (worst ratio of all races). Consider the cost of adding new class/race combos to Taurens and Gnomes. New starting zone trainers and ... a database update.

I was surprised that there was no announcement for new classes or races or race/class combinations. Having any of those adds to the excitement of the new expansion when there is a chance to try anything new. Gnomes already access the light as priests so why not have gnome paladins?
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    11/11/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Nivlem
    New character models so far are probably a mixed bag. I have my own concerns about how Gnome Males will turn out but I have heard and sympathized with several complaints by many about the state of their favorite models. We shall see how they do as more is revealed. Based on what they showed at the convention, I can say that they "were not prepared".

Human females are okay, but I believe that they can look better. They need a lot of facial work because my character's face is pretty plain. My character's eyes stare into your soul and don't show emotion. Night elves need to show more emotion as well.

11/11/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Nivlem
  • Add some low cost class/race combos where they are solely needed (e.g. Tauren mages, Gnome Paladins, Gnome Hunters, etc)

• Although I don't have a gnome myself I agree with those who need more choices.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Hunter
    I suspect it will be out between Sept and Nov of 2014 it holds with their typical expansion timeframe that way (every 2 years). I was disappointed that they didn't mention anything about the protoss expansion for SCII personally. I suspect there will be no new Race/Class combos this time, but maybe next expansion and I'd like it to be a Catrace (the cat race NPC they showed as to be "All over Draenor" would make a nice new "Neutral" like the Pandarens (choose your own side). I've taken the wait and see approach to anything new with wow, not really getting excited about anything from their new expansions from Blizzard now-a-days.
    Edited by Lièrén on 11/16/2013 3:41 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    57 Undead Warrior
    @OP: MTE. Especially disappointed that there are no new subrace options or race/class combos. This is the first expansion that doesn't provide any new interesting character options for a new alt.

But if they're serious about dropping a new expansion every year, the somewhat skimpy content is more forgivable.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]