Open Libram XCIX: See the Light!

90 Draenei Paladin
For anybody that has ever wondered ..

Hearthstone is pronounced harthstone, not herthstone.
Draenor is pronounced Dranor (the dra like in dragon), not Draynor (as I'd expect an "ae" to make).

OK, quivers (and I guess librams) are off the cards for now. They want the new models to look better.

[e] silly double post.
Edited by Muletia on 11/9/2013 5:48 PM PST
90 Human Paladin

Given the amount of backlash I'm seeing I think I'll steer clear from the Libram for the time being. With that said I don't doubt this is going to get picked apart sentence by sentence. I just hope some people hear me out.

Guys, guys. We JUST started getting news about the newest expansion within the last week. Blizzard still has months and months of work ahead of them to get everything ready, to release the beta and get around to real testing. I completely understand many of the concerns aren't unfounded, on top of a lot of people dissatisfied with the plot of Siege (something I dispute, but ignoring that for now). But Blizzard has been doing this for a long time and frankly, I trust them. Even if orcs get screentime, but honestly? The Warcraft franchise started with the tagline of orcs vs. humans. They are both integral to the overarching plot and that can't change. The development with the Mogu shows Blizzard is perfectly capable of focusing racial lore, many see Lei Shen as among the best-written villains thus far. The Draenei can have the same treatment and I'm confident the writers won't slack off.

I think the expansion looks great, many people agree. We're getting features asked about for years, player housing, updated models. We're getting a new world to explore (outlands done right), insight into the Draenei, rectifying the race's original appearance into the story and the accompanying lacking of lore. The time-twisting aspects are also confusing.. but we don't know the full story yet. With the Bronze and Infinite Dragonflights, messing with the timelines isn't really all that alien to Warcraft.

Yeah, big changes are ahead of us, I won't say I'm not uneasy about the stat tweaks among other things. But something to remember is that World of Warcraft, like any dynamic online game, always goes through changes at some point in time. Wrath had this, just not as drastic. Cata did this and the game survived on through. MoP streamlined a lot of aspects of gameplay. Warlords is merely continuing the cycle of change and we as players should always expect such. WoW is not static, and you can't have an online game remain static.

Seeing this kind of backlash.. truthfully, that's kind of disheartening to hear, especially for the people that are excited. I'd rather most people let the developers do their work, work they're good at and have been doing for a long time, before making sweeping conclusions and accentuating negativity. That's the sort of stuff people expect from forums like gamefaqs, mmo-champ, and General Discussion, or the Trade Chats of a lot of servers. I'm not saying none of you should voice concerns, I can completely relate.. but I think the responsible thing to do in this context (in that we've literally just started getting news) is to let things play out first.

I don't mean to offend any of you and I'm sorry if this comes off as blunt. I'm just hoping that you could try to remain optimistic, and realistic. If you need, play another game alongside WoW, or find some other activity to do to help or distract you. We've still got months ahead of us first.
Edited by Radiette on 11/9/2013 6:47 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Racial rebalance could be nice if Blood Elves finally get a racial.
90 Tauren Paladin
Hah, I've come to grips about tauren racials sucking forever.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/09/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Soledo

Hey, "Tasty" is a pretty awesome racial IMO.
90 Draenei Paladin
OK, quivers (and I guess librams) are off the cards for now. They want the new models to look better.

Why did they keep nagging for someone to ask about them if they were just going to say we aren't getting them again?

Racial rebalance could be nice if Blood Elves finally get a racial.

Since Hit is going away I wonder what will replace Heroic Presence for Draenei.

11/09/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Radiette
Given the amount of backlash I'm seeing I think I'll steer clear from the Libram for the time being.

Just because everyone in the Libram doesn't agree doesn't mean you have to steer clear, those of us that are unhappy aren't going to rip you too pieces if you try and discuss what you're excited about.

I'd rather most people let the developers do their work, work they're good at and have been doing for a long time, before making sweeping conclusions and accentuating negativity.

That is a matter of opinion, at least in the realm of Lore they haven't been doing good work for a very long time.

These aren't sweeping conclusions, they're built up of years upon years of expecting more but just getting the norm or worse.

I trust them.

After watching them bumble, make mistakes and back peddle over a number of issues over the years (not just the Lore) I no longer trust them.

Difference of perspectives is all.

11/09/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Lobster
The male crusader is voiced by the same guy who does Lor'themar in WoW

Dem feels........I'm not sure what they are....
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/9/2013 7:58 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Garrisons sound like an RPer's dream.

If I can go maximum xenophobe and have only Blood Elf architecture and followers, great. If not, meh.

Since Hit is going away I wonder what will replace Heroic Presence for Draenei.

They said something about wanting Alliance to have passive racials to increase DPS, while Horde would have active ones. Maybe Blood Elves could get something like an arcane instability, where we shoot magic projectiles at random enemies nearby.

Since hit and expertise are being replaced by crit damage, CD reduction, and multistrike, I imagine Draenei will get one of those.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/09/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Lobster
You have to admit there are WAY more positive changes coming our way than not, Caden. Draenei are getting a new figurehead in the form Uril who seems to be a paladin so that should be interesting. They're also bringing back Maraad and we get to interact with Akama in his natural state. Velen is now relevant again as well. Lotta good draenei stuff inc!

All the more reason I'll prolly use my free 90 on a Draenei Paladin. First expansion where I'm actually interested in seeing both factions' story.

Edit: actually I'm only really interested in seeing the Alliance one, from what we've heard so far, but faction changing isn't an option.
Edited by Elidra on 11/9/2013 8:04 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
If I'm still around I'll probably use my instant 90 thing on my Belf Pally so I can finally have something that can play with all the Red in the Libram. Heh.

Velen is now relevant again as well.

I'd tell you to go back and read my earlier rantings Lobs but I guess that would be too painful. lol

He's not our Velen, they're not our Draenei. It's a gut twisting picture of what our Draenei could have been and what they could have done but they're not ours. They're just some weird alternate universe counterparts.

So far we only know of one Prime Draenei doing anything, that's not enough when the rest of the Prime Draenei just sit there in continued stagnation as they have for years.

Can you see how bittersweet that is? All this wonderful and amazing Draenei culture and history and development but it's not the Draenei we've been playing as all these years.

/broken record

being replaced by crit damage, CD reduction, and multistrike

Ugh.

I really don't like how the new stats are shaping up. It sounds like it will be a royal mess.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/9/2013 8:13 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/09/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
So far we only know of one Prime Draenei doing anything, that's not enough when the rest of the Prime Draenei just sit there in continued stagnation as they have for years.

I still think the chances of events being confined to AU Draenor are pretty slim.
90 Dwarf Paladin
You have to admit there are WAY more positive changes coming our way than not, Caden.

...Name more? I've not really seen anything I consider positive, other than updated models.
90 Draenei Paladin
I still think the chances of events being confined to AU Draenor are pretty slim.

Why?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
So garrosh wants to rule the horde by going back in time attempt to stop his father grom from drinking demon blood, so grom would not die from fighting mannoroth with thrall, which thrall becomes the hero of the horde.

Edit: Can i get some Coffee and cookies?
Edited by Slapzchop on 11/9/2013 8:23 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
So garrosh wants to rule the horde by going back in time attempt to stop his father grom from drinking demon blood, so grom would not die from fighting mannoroth with thrall, which thrall becomes the hero of the horde.

Since nothing done in this AU Draenor can affect our timeline I don't think that's the case. He just planned on raising an army there and bringing it back to Prime Azeroth.

/squint

You don't look pink to me...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Really pleased about gaining enhanced spells instead of brand new spells.

yessss

glad you had fun, lob. i might have to buy d3 just because of crusader. removal of the ah is great as well
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/09/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Since nothing done in this AU Draenor can affect our timeline I don't think that's the case. He just planned on raising an army there and bringing it back to Prime Azeroth.

/squint

You don't look pink to me...

I got six different colors to choose from, pink is just as good as the rest.
Edited by Slapzchop on 11/9/2013 8:36 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
11/09/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Muletia

Hey, "Tasty" is a pretty awesome racial IMO.

Go away.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]