Warlords of Draenor Release date

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Monk
11/12/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Dakiras

Excuse me, what?

Wait, THAT's all you caught? Did you notice the date posted for MOP release?
If it's been less than two months, and I have 5 90s...

Now Cata released Nov 7th 2010, Mop released 22 months later on Sept 25th 2013

Perhaps he's counting that both factions got a new class the other already had. I still wouldn't call it a new class.

Also got the month wrong on Cata's release.
90 Human Warrior
Warlords will release sooner than some people expect and not soon enough for other people. And that's about as accurate as it gets ;)
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If people have to wait 6 months, they will lose even more subs PERIOD. Mists of Pandaria has already lost its luster,has become very bland, boring, and no more incentive. The more time they put it off, the more people just quit. I myself want to play WOD, but I do not want to keep subbin for a boring game with zero incentive or no to strive for. ( Achievements mean nothing to me )
95 Human Death Knight
My best guess is: it will be release some time after June 3rd, because Amazon is showing this to be the date that the tie-in book (War Crimes) is to be release.
Edited by Annfrost on 11/18/2013 9:19 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
I think Beta will be out hopefully by January and the WoD expansion will be released sometime between Late April - Early June.
90 Draenei Hunter
Warlords will release sooner than some people expect and not soon enough for other people. And that's about as accurate as it gets ;)

Lets just keep it at "we have no idea until it's officially announced so speculate all you want" in terms of accuracy. ;)
90 Draenei Hunter
My best guess is: it will be release some time after June 3rd, because Amazon is showing this to be the date that the tie-in book (War Crimes) is to be release.

Of course they will give you a date even though a release date hasn't been announced, they want your money so the sooner they get their hands on that cash, the better. Lol :P
GC said on his twitter that he doesn't know if beta will start before February. If they can't even make a guess what will be happening within the next 3 months, a period of time when we were supposed to receive 5.5, then I am guessing one of two things:

1) Development isn't as far as they'd like us to believe. It will be a long time before we see WoD. The prospect of playing the same content for a year would make many people unsub. Blizzard is being evasive on the release date topic in order to slow these unsubs.

2) Chaos. We were supposed to have an expansion per year and we were supposed to have 5.5. Neither of those materialized and Blizzard's roadmap doesn't really exist and they're making things up as they go.

Given that a beta usually lasts approximately 6 months and there is no guarantee that the beta will be available before February, we are probably facing at least 9 months before WoD is released. So an expansion a year is really an expansion every two years, but sold as an expansion every year but late.
90 Human Warlock
OK so try and stay with me here. This is all based on what Blizzard has said and done.

BC Beta: 4 Months (Outlands, 2 races, 1 class)
WotLK Beta: around 4-5 months (Northrend, 1 new class)
Cata Beta: 6 months(Old world remade, 2 new races, LFR, Ext)
MoP Beta: 7 Months ( 1 new race, 1 new starting area, Pandaria, new class)
WoD beta:? (Draenor, Item Squish, Garrisons, 90-100 questing, New models ext)

Blizzard has gone on to say they do not want MoP to last the same or more then what Cata lasted to MoP.

Now Cata released Nov 7th 2010, Mop released 22 months later on Sept 25th 2013.
If WoD releases after Feb-Mar 2014 like say Sept 2014 it will make WoD release 25 months after MoP, but if they do release Feb or march that would put us at 18-19 months of MoP.

So if beta starts this month which i think it will. we can get around 3-4 months of beta in before the release, with there not being a lot of content like the past Xpac's this could be possible.

Which class was released with BC?

Edit: Also, LFR had nothing to do with Cata beta as it was released at the end of the expansion.
Edited by Jexton on 11/19/2013 6:41 AM PST
95 Human Death Knight
11/19/2013 03:19 AMPosted by Shotfu

Of course they will give you a date even though a release date hasn't been announced, they want your money so the sooner they get their hands on that cash, the better. Lol :P

:D I know. That is just a guesstimate date for Amazon, so they can start getting people to preorder the book. I don't usually fall for that; I just wait until the actual release date comes around...like a minute after midnight of the book being release to buy then I buy the ebook. lol :P *looks around to see husband shakes his head* LOL :D

I was just saying that they are probably going to release the next expansion pack after they release the book. So, I'm guessing we'll get a better idea of the release date then. :)
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/11/2013 10:56 PMPosted by Potatoface
and I can see them losing a lot of subs if they wait another year to release WoD..
Not to be a bother, but I think the most normal thing about expansions are losing subs towards the end (when they're old and boring) and gaining them back in the beginning (when they're new and exciting.)

I'm no expert, but it seems like common sense that you'd stop playing old, boring things until something new and shiny comes out. Y'know?
11 Gnome Priest
Moron, BC had no class...

Yes it did. For each faction, they made shaman class playable as alli, and horde got pallies, so each faction got a new class. Moron.
90 Human Paladin
I see people discuss the time frame of release and most the time people forget of one big external factor that I am sure is affecting the release window and that would be Wildstar.

Blizzard knows Wildstar is on the horizon and I am sure they are keeping an eye on that because there is no way in hell they would want to release at the same time as Wildstar, it would affect sales and its not good business to release alone side a major competitor.

So that has to be a major factor, I am sure Blizzard will plan to get WoD out the door either well before or well after Wildstar releases.

With that said so far all we got is a tentative release window of Spring 2014 for Wildstar so that right there tells me WoW will come probably in Fall of 2014. There is no way WoD is hitting the streets before Spring. Now if Wildstar gets moved up to say Fall 2014 then that opens the door for WoD to release in Spring. Oh and there is no way either game will release in Summer. Summer is horrible for major releases.
100 Human Death Knight
When they think it's as close to ready as they can reasonable get it.

If they're sticking to the same basic time periods between new tier content they used this expansion, it would put it in April. From the hedging comments they were making the first day of Blizzcon, I expect October.

This was my problem with Blizzcon. There were some super exciting announcements, but a TON of comments that began or ended with statements like " We're thinking", "We'd like", "We're thinking", "Something like...", and more....

If they were this close to pushing Beta, they'd have those specific content details WELL ironed out. Or at least I'd hope so.
90 Draenei Monk
11/12/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Kenjy
is this the last expansion?
Not if this is a success. We've still got Sargeras and probably the emerald dream/lady azshara to consider, both of which will likely take up an entire expansion of their own

They already said they aren't doing an Emerald Dream expac, at most they'll do a raid or something.
They don't feel like there's enough left there.
100 Pandaren Shaman
Warcrimes releases June 2014 so I would expect the game to release somewhere around there.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]