Warlords of Draenor Release date

(Locked)

10 Blood Elf Paladin
no news about beta, people go on break for the holidays, beta will last at least 6 months as well.

august-september seems like a safe bet. EVERY final raid tier has lasted at least 8 months or more. see: ICC, DS.
Edited by Sanctifìed on 11/27/2013 7:38 AM PST
90 Goblin Priest
Blizzard has said they are farther away from beta compared to how soon beta came out for MoP from its first announcement of being the next xpac.

So whenever they first announced MoP.. the amount of time it took for them to get to beta after this... WoD will take longer between first announcement to beta.

Edit: I believe the words used was "much farther away"
Edited by Bonkadadonk on 11/27/2013 8:05 AM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
I'd rather have an expansion take years to come out, than to have it be rushed and glitchy and incomplete

I agree totally.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
OK so try and stay with me here. This is all based on what Blizzard has said and done.

BC Beta: 4 Months (Outlands, 2 races, 1 class)
WotLK Beta: around 4-5 months (Northrend, 1 new class)
Cata Beta: 6 months(Old world remade, 2 new races, LFR, Ext)
MoP Beta: 7 Months ( 1 new race, 1 new starting area, Pandaria, new class)
WoD beta:? (Draenor, Item Squish, Garrisons, 90-100 questing, New models ext)

Blizzard has gone on to say they do not want MoP to last the same or more then what Cata lasted to MoP.

Now Cata released Nov 7th 2010, Mop released 22 months later on Sept 25th 2013.
If WoD releases after Feb-Mar 2014 like say Sept 2014 it will make WoD release 25 months after MoP, but if they do release Feb or march that would put us at 18-19 months of MoP.

So if beta starts this month which i think it will. we can get around 3-4 months of beta in before the release, with there not being a lot of content like the past Xpac's this could be possible.

There's an interview with Christie Golden talking about her new book, which is going to be a story bridge from Mists of Pandaria to Warlords of Draenor. That book's been given a release date of June of 2014. Consequently, as I doubt Blizzard would release the book after WoD has started (though they, of course, could if they wanted to), I don't see us having WoD before summer of 2014.

Yes, this potentially means at least 7 more months of Mists of Pandaria.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm not too excited for aszara, the naga died with Lady Vashj in my opinion
90 Night Elf Priest
A quote from blizzard!!
'Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see.'
OK so try and stay with me here. This is all based on what Blizzard has said and done.

BC Beta: 4 Months (Outlands, 2 races, 1 class)
WotLK Beta: around 4-5 months (Northrend, 1 new class)
Cata Beta: 6 months(Old world remade, 2 new races, LFR, Ext)
MoP Beta: 7 Months ( 1 new race, 1 new starting area, Pandaria, new class)
WoD beta:? (Draenor, Item Squish, Garrisons, 90-100 questing, New models ext)

Blizzard has gone on to say they do not want MoP to last the same or more then what Cata lasted to MoP.

Now Cata released Nov 7th 2010, Mop released 22 months later on Sept 25th 2013.
If WoD releases after Feb-Mar 2014 like say Sept 2014 it will make WoD release 25 months after MoP, but if they do release Feb or march that would put us at 18-19 months of MoP.

So if beta starts this month which i think it will. we can get around 3-4 months of beta in before the release, with there not being a lot of content like the past Xpac's this could be possible.

There's an interview with Christie Golden talking about her new book, which is going to be a story bridge from Mists of Pandaria to Warlords of Draenor. That book's been given a release date of June of 2014. Consequently, as I doubt Blizzard would release the book after WoD has started (though they, of course, could if they wanted to), I don't see us having WoD before summer of 2014.

Yes, this potentially means at least 7 more months of Mists of Pandaria.

I have heard that the book can usually comes before the expansion. I found this site pretty much says the same thing (except for WOTLK):
http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/when-will-we-get-to-draenor-wod-release-date-speculation

BUT, new information is that the new release date is May 6, 2014, per Amazon and other sites (Simon and Schuster).

This makes my June 10th guess a little bit more plausible.

Yes, we still have several more months of current content.
Blizzard has said they are farther away from beta compared to how soon beta came out for MoP from its first announcement of being the next xpac.

So whenever they first announced MoP.. the amount of time it took for them to get to beta after this... WoD will take longer between first announcement to beta.

Edit: I believe the words used was "much farther away"

Actually it is the opposite. They said that it "Feels like we are much farther along for WoD then we were for MoP."

Yes I do realize that I am responding to a 4 day old post, but I think the correction was needed to be stated. Just like this one:

beta will last at least 6 months as well.

It could last 6 months, but only MoP beta was that long. For all the other expansions, beta testing was shorter (but all the others also has a F&F alpha while MoP did not).
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm of the mind, given everything that's been said we'll see a late december / early january beta start, with it going live during the summer. Even though people say Blizzard doesn't care about the prospective launch of Elder Scrolls Online, it'd be foolish to ignore it from a company standpoint. They know they might very well lose(even if short term loss) some subs to ESO. This is inevitable.

A month or so after ESO launches would probably be a sound time, that way the players have tried ESO, and decided to come back or will split their time. Blizzard doesn't have to worry as much about ESO then because those looking for something "better" are already back.

Launching before or at the same time runs into the issue of "which game do I buy?"

I'm not passing judgement on ESO one way or the other(for any fans), just stating a fact that just like SWTOR, players left to try it out. Some didn't come back, others did, and some split their time.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It will be around Sept.-Nov. It would make an excellent present. Blizzard is a business and they will release it when they know they can make the most for their buck.
90 Pandaren Shaman
It will probably take a bit while longer to complete than previous expansions. Remember the game is going through anentire graphic overhaul. So they are remaking and redoing all character designs and animations. If they want it for 2014 it will most likely be looking at the last quarter of the year or into early 2015.
It will probably take a bit while longer to complete than previous expansions. Remember the game is going through anentire graphic overhaul. So they are remaking and redoing all character designs and animations. If they want it for 2014 it will most likely be looking at the last quarter of the year or into early 2015.

Not a chance it going into 2015. They have already hinted to the fact that not all the new character models may not all be ready by the release of WoD.

And besides, they completely re-worked the old content in Cataclysm and it took them about 25 months since the start of WOTLK. There isn't anything coming in WoD that they haven't already done a lot in the past. No new races or new classes this time. No talent rework. Just an item squish, which appears to be implemented already.
Late Spring/Early Summer. May if I had to put a date on it.

that was bout my guess. i would say my mid April we have a date, i think we will get an April fools date and then a release date shortly after that and im gonna guess may 20 something, perfect time to release, summer vacation for the kids, not as many sports / activity going on and everyone that will play / buy because of the free 90 and all the parents buying / gifting graduation money / presents. now as for me i don't know how i feel about the kiddo population on this game anymore but logically it sounds about right
90 Night Elf Druid
I think somewhere around March-April 2014 release. Here is why:
  • No new class
  • Same old talent system, meaning less concern for balancing problems.
  • No new race starting zones
  • Leveling from 90-100 is still the same amount of content as leveling 85-90
  • Gear and stat simplification.
  • Small amount of dungeons and raids yet again
  • All the other expansions either introduced a new race (dance, voice, other emoticons and starting zones) or new class. Both of these take waaaaaay longer than introducing new models.
    You can put Emerald Dream to rest. They resolved it in the books, and they have expressed that they don't want to make a whole expansion based on that.
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    They should make it were you have to have 2 or 3 lvl 90s to use the instant lvl 90
    90 Orc Warrior
    Too true man
    88 Orc Warrior
    Sorry if this is off topic, but how do we know if we have been selected to test the beta?
    25 Pandaren Shaman
    I think when they rush these expansions they aren't as good. I don't mind if it's another six months or more, as long as when it is released it's great. No point releasing early and constantly fixing bugs...
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]