Draenei Mount Opinions?

100 Draenei Paladin
I made a thread about this subject at the beginning of the year, and though there were a fair amount of people agreeing, over all the request for a return of the horse paladin mount for draenei was ignored.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592239221
A recap, for those that are curious.

I still dislike my elekk, and I've only used it a handful of times, mainly to allow others to look at it, and once to see how that one glow effect glyph looks.

I still would like to have my horse back. After having done the work, gotten a Feat of Strength (when achievements became active, I went through the quests and all well before Achievements were released), and spend a great deal of time enjoying the look of the horse mount (specifically the epic one), I was, and am, still very heart broken to have it taken away against my will. As stated in the other thread, I never wanted/requested for a change, and I honestly have not met another draenei paladin that wanted or requested an elekk class mount.

Is it really something that would be that hard to return to us?

Give us a minor glyph that changes the appearance.
Link an item to the Feat of Strength achievement that gives us the horse.
Put something on the class trainer or mount vendor that will allow for the swap, similar to how people could trade out the original Vanilla mounts for the armored ones.

I'm not the biggest supporter of flying in Azeroth, but I always use flying mounts when I can now, because none of my ground mounts really suit my character anymore.

To be perfectly honest, I would pay money to get that Charger back. Perhaps not more than 10-15$, but still.

Posted that in the general discussion, and no one seems interested in talking much, so, I'm curious what all my other paladins think?

Is this request unreasonable? Any other draenei out there a little upset at having had your horse taken away and replaced with an elekk?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I like the Great Exarch's Elekk a lot personally. It's beautiful for one and it fits Draenei lore quite well, although if I was allowed to choose I would have taken a Paladin Talbuk instead of an Elekk.

It was always silly and lazy that Hand of Argus Vindicators were riding the mount of Silver Hand Paladins.

That said...

11/11/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Cynphel
Is this request unreasonable?

No it's not.

A Minor Glyph to change the mount would be a lovely idea, Paladins need more fun Minor Glyphs.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I would have taken a Paladin Talbuk instead of an Elekk.

^All of this.

I wouldn't really be upset if it weren't for the fact that I did an entire expensive quest chain to get the horse. Lore wise, it fits.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I personally never liked the fact that draenei had paladin chargers because they were horses. Draenei came to Azeroth from a place were i believe there was no horses, so them getting a horse in general by being a paladin always seemed silly.

I personally also never liked how draenei looked while riding horses. That's just me. I like the elekk and i ride it on my male draenei all the time, even over the spectral tiger i have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TBH I loved the space elephant errr I mean Elekk when I was a Draenei, made a lot more sense than the charger. But for those Draenei's that want their charger back I believe the argent charger from the argent tournament in northrend would be your best bet. Granted its not the same blue and gold color of the human charger but its the closest thing to a charger Draenei's are gonna get.

Kind of wish the whole "Pally's could choose which pally mount they wanted via glyphs" were true, would love to have my space elephant errr I mean Elekk again even on my human pally.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I personally never liked the fact that draenei had paladin chargers because they were horses. Draenei came to Azeroth from a place were i believe there was no horses, so them getting a horse in general by being a paladin always seemed silly.

I personally also never liked how draenei looked while riding horses. That's just me. I like the elekk and i ride it on my male draenei all the time, even over the spectral tiger i have.

People say it doesn't make sense for a draenei to be on a horse, but it does, since I went through the entire quest line to get a horse, on Azeroth, at level 60 (could have waited to do it at 70, but I was impatient). This is why I am so annoyed to have it taken away. My character went through the work and effort to get a HORSE, not an Elekk.

Again, I'd like to see a glyph, or an item added to the Charger Feat of Strength. Only seems fair.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/12/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Cynphel
Again, I'd like to see a glyph, or an item added to the Charger Feat of Strength. Only seems fair.

Only if we get a glyph to allow us to get elekk paladin version :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I ride my swift white goat.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I like the elekks. It's nice that draenei got their own mounts. Draenei aren't part of the Silver Hand, they should have their own thing. Racial distinctions are good for the game.

Plus you can still get paladin horses if you really want them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]