Rumor has it...

90 Tauren Paladin
Not really paying much attention to Blizzcon, but I was informed that all secondary stats are going away (ex. haste, hit, dodge).

Now from what I've noticed, Blizzard is realizing that Prot Paladins are wanting haste by the looks of some of the stats on the Tier gear. And this choice in haste is due to Blizzard thinking that taking crusader strike and hammer of the righteous and slowing it down and cutting the dmg by half was a stroke of genius. So stacking haste fixed their screw up.

So if it is true that they are going to remove all the secondary stats, where does that leave us? And please don't say Blizzard will work it all out. It's been almost 9 years and they are still unable to balance the classes due to PvPers complaining about OPed classes in PvP and than when they change something it messes up the PvEer, and the cycle is never ending.
Edited by Ashßringer on 11/11/2013 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There was no mention of haste (nor "all secondary stats") that I saw.

Hit, Expertise, Dodge and Parry were certainly mentioned, and good riddance to bad rubbish!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Strength, agility, intellect, hit, expertise, parry, and dodge are being removed from gear. Armor, stamina, haste, mastery, crit, and spirit are staying. Also, several new somewhat wacky tertiary stats are being added, such as cleave, life drain, and run speed increase, but they are all off the item budget and equivalent to warforged versions of regular gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Warforged is returning. Meaning BiS items are a lot more rng reliant then before, while the basic version of a item will be good, there will be a chance to get a warforged version...and then a chance to get a tertiary stat on a item...then a chance to get a tertiary stat item that is warforged... T_T
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/11/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Lobster
Primary stats like strength and int are not being removed from gear lol.
Well, I guess that depends on your point of view. Yes, we will still get amounts of strength that scale with gear level, but the actual stat we gain will be tied to our current spec rather than to the gear itself. So from the perspective of loot-hunting and gear diversity there will be no strength, intellect, or agility on any of the gear. Comparing two pieces of plate that today have str/crit/mastery and int/crit/mastery will no longer result in a meaningful distinction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only stats being removed are avoidance (parry,dodge), hit, and expertise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
non-armor pieces (cloaks/jewelry/trinkets/weapons) will still have primary stats on them. Also, I believe it was mentioned that spirit will no longer make an appearance on armor pieces.

This just cuts down on item bloat, by getting rid of things like int plate/mail, SP leather, and things like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/11/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Arnblas
Primary stats like strength and int are not being removed from gear lol.
Well, I guess that depends on your point of view. Yes, we will still get amounts of strength that scale with gear level, but the actual stat we gain will be tied to our current spec rather than to the gear itself. So from the perspective of loot-hunting and gear diversity there will be no strength, intellect, or agility on any of the gear. Comparing two pieces of plate that today have str/crit/mastery and int/crit/mastery will no longer result in a meaningful distinction.
The item you equip will impact how much of your primary stat you have, therefore it should be considered to be on the item. Plus, it'll most likely still be listed on the item anyways, and either the tooltip will change based on spec or they'll just do something silly like make a new stat called "Primary" or something, so an item will have +2500 Primary and then that stat will convert to str/agi/int based on your class/spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/12/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Pancakê
The item you equip will impact how much of your primary stat you have, therefore it should be considered to be on the item. Plus, it'll most likely still be listed on the item anyways, and either the tooltip will change based on spec or they'll just do something silly like make a new stat called "Primary" or something, so an item will have +2500 Primary and then that stat will convert to str/agi/int based on your class/spec.

WRONG. Don't forget we're getting the item squish so it's gonna be more like +120 primary stat.

By the way don't take that seriously, I'm just having fun with you darling :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]